Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Links Directory > United States Prison Links > Ex-Offender Resources
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Home Submit A Link Link To Us What's New What's Popular Search

Public Perception of Education Programs Offered by the FBOP Link Options
Report to Moderator Old 09-23-2016 08:00 AM
URL: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/D9DJV6C
Phone Number: 865-567-5407
Contact Email: dncole@cn.edu
Contact Name:: Debra Cole
Description: I am writing to request that a link to a survey be provided on your website. I am a doctoral candidate at Carson Newman University located in Jefferson City, Tennessee. My dissertation is on the Public Perception of the Educational Programs Offered to Inmates by the Federal Bureau of Prisons. Your willingness to provide a link to the survey on your website will help me reach a broader spectrum of the populations.

Just to give you a little background information on how I came to have an interest in this topic. Recently, I had the experience of coming in contact with a Federal Bureau of Prison (FBOP) inmate through a mutual relative. That experience has provided me with an abundance of newfound knowledge. The inmate relayed to me that inmates have very little opportunity for educational growth, they have minimal opportunity for any pursuit of financial gain, they serve their time, and upon release are released back into society as a former felons with no job experience, no education, no driver's license, and in many cases no family support system.

However, the most profound information gained was information concerning the actual educational programs that are offered in federal prisons. I was shocked at the lack of correlation between what I thought was the education programs offered by the federal prison system and the reality of the actual educational programs that are offered by the federal prison system.

I consider myself an average productive middle class citizen, in essence, a member of the general public. I am educated and fairly current on civic issues, yet I had a misperception of the education programs offered by the Federal Bureau of Prisons. This self-awareness has driven me to wonder if the general public is aware of what educational programs are offered to inmates in the Federal Prison System.

I am providing the link to the survey below. Please feel free to take the survey yourself. The survey is very brief and will only take about 5 to 10 minutes to complete. Please click the link below to go to the survey. Participation in the survey is completely voluntary and all of your responses will be kept confidential. In addition, no personally identifiable information will be collected from any survey results. Carson Newman University Institutional Review Board has approved this survey. Should you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact me at dncole@cn.edu or 865-567-5407.
Category: Ex-Offender Resources
Tags: education federal prison inmate
Views: 72
User: Guest
Replies: 0
Send to Friend