Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Links Directory > United States Prison Links > Inmate Personal Web Sites
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Home Submit A Link Link To Us What's New What's Popular Search

[ THE MATT MAHER STORY ] Link Options
Report to Moderator Old 05-10-2010 10:55 PM
URL: http://www.themattmaherstory.com
Contact Email: writer956@comcast.net
Contact Name:: Andrea Maher
Description: Our family member,Matt Maher, was a pro soccer player---25 years old, who plead guilty to aggravated manslaughter for killing a 55-yr-old father of 6 while driving under the influence of alcohol. We, as his family, are monitoring his FB page while he serves his sentence. One positive thing that has come from this terrible tragedy is that Matt (currently in prison:5 1/2 years) spoke to over 7,000 students in just 3 months time about the dangers of drinking and driving, His program, "I'm That Guy," was developed by the New Jersey Traffic and Safety Alliance.The premise is:Prior to March 7, 2009 'I was 'that guy' who came from a great family, dad was police chief, earned college degree, pro soccer player who was very active in the community, etc. But that's who I WAS. Now I'm 'That Guy', a drunk driver who killed an innocent driver." The response has been phenomenal. Matthew journals daily in prison and mails his entries home to be posted on the website. Recently, the victim's family (supportive of our efforts to spread this story),also began contributing their blog entries to the site. Seeing the victim and offender write side-by-side about their new realities due to Matt's reckless decision to drink and drive is so compelling and a real live wake-up call. POWERFUL stuff. Over 12,000 hits to the site in one month's time bc kids/people of all ages can relate to "That Guy," and many are hooked to following his and the Kap family blog. Anyway, if you want to check out the site (updated daily) it's www.themattmaherstory.com. Perhaps this will be an encouragement to you as you also deal with having a loved one in prison. Good luck and God bless you all.
Category: Inmate Personal Web Sites
Tags: soccer sports prison website maher matt I'm That Guy writing from blog in
Views: 844
User: thatguysfamily (View All of thatguysfamily's Links)
Replies: 0
Send to Friend