Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   PBSP Family Visiting Q/A (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629428)

traviesita 12-26-2012 03:59 PM

PBSP Family Visiting Q/A

Anything related to family visits (overnight visits) should be posted in this thread!

siciliangirl310 01-09-2013 07:20 PM

Has anyone had a family visit up there? How are they?

annaomarderian 01-10-2013 05:45 PM

I have..they are pretty koo :D it looks like a lil aparment.:)

maritorres 01-12-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annaomarderian (Post 7047133)
I have..they are pretty koo :D it looks like a lil aparment.:)

what can u take with you?? My husband will be dropping down custody level in march n will be applying for family visits. hoping everything goes good!

siciliangirl310 01-12-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maritorres (Post 7048209)
what can u take with you?? My husband will be dropping down custody level in march n will be applying for family visits. hoping everything goes good!

What custody level do they need to be? What are the requirements for a fv?

annaomarderian 01-12-2013 12:49 AM

hope its helpful

as clothing basically anything besides blue green or camouflage...you can take in 10 condoms they provide you with towels & covers you need to take your own soap, shampoo, toothpaste ect. & as your food you have to send a money order before the visit and your husband chooses the food you will have.:)

maritorres 01-13-2013 01:09 PM

family visits

Quote:

Originally Posted by annaomarderian (Post 7048213)
as clothing basically anything besides blue green or camouflage...you can take in 10 condoms they provide you with towels & covers you need to take your own soap, shampoo, toothpaste ect. & as your food you have to send a money order before the visit and your husband chooses the food you will have.:)

Thx u so much. So they have stoves? How long does it take to get approved and how often do you get family visits

maritorres 01-13-2013 01:29 PM

family visits

Quote:

Originally Posted by siciliangirl310 (Post 7048212)
What custody level do they need to be? What are the requirements for a fv?

My husband is level 4 CLOSE A right now so he cn get no family visits till march when he will drop down to medium a I think the order is max, close a/b, meduim a/ b then minimum a/ b

Mrzhernandez13 03-05-2013 09:08 PM

Hello, my husband and i were just approved for fv, can someone please give me a quick run down on what we can and can't take in? Thanks :-)

mnm118 03-12-2013 05:58 PM

Anyone know what the days are for FVs? Fri thru Monday?? or different?

ImJustMe123 03-29-2013 07:02 PM

Do they still have FV at Pelican Bay? Do the original charges affect whether or not an inmate can receive them? Thanks for any info

maritorres 03-29-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImJustMe123 (Post 7107473)
Do they still have FV at Pelican Bay? Do the original charges affect whether or not an inmate can receive them? Thanks for any info

they do have fv at pb and i believe the inmate has to be at least medium a/b. My husband was/is a close A so we dont get them but im hoping he drop down to a medium a yesterday. he went to committee but i havent got tho to his counselor so ill know on monday when i get a letter from my love regarding that.;)

ImJustMe123 03-30-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maritorres (Post 7107559)
they do have fv at pb and i believe the inmate has to be at least medium a/b. My husband was/is a close A so we dont get them but im hoping he drop down to a medium a yesterday. he went to committee but i havent got tho to his counselor so ill know on monday when i get a letter from my love regarding that.;)

I'll be praying it's good news for you guys! :)

maritorres 03-30-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImJustMe123 (Post 7108038)
I'll be praying it's good news for you guys! :)

thank you so much:)

mnm118 03-31-2013 11:42 AM

Does anyone know the days and times the fvs are? We are in the process of signing up as well :)

maritorres 04-02-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnm118 (Post 7108413)
Does anyone know the days and times the fvs are? We are in the process of signing up as well :)

He can get the package fron his counselor ..

if ur scheduled visiting date falls on a Tuesday youll b processed for your visit ar 9 am n processed out friday 8am

If ur scheduled visiting date falls on a friday you'll b processed for your visit at 9 am n processed out monday 8am

Fv will nt be processed later then 11am

Mrzhernandez13 04-03-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maritorres

He can get the package fron his counselor ..

if ur scheduled visiting date falls on a Tuesday youll b processed for your visit ar 9 am n processed out friday 8am

If ur scheduled visiting date falls on a friday you'll b processed for your visit at 9 am n processed out monday 8am

Fv will nt be processed later then 11am

Thank you so much for that info :-)

maritorres 04-04-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrzhernandez13 (Post 7111461)
Thank you so much for that info :-)

Your welcome...

U cn take
One bag of clothing per visitor
Deodorant . Toothbrush
Pkastic comb n brush . Feminine hygiene priducts ........
Max is 10 condoms/visit
All personal hygiene items n cosemetics shall b unopened n in clear plastic containers .no glass.

Allowed items for baby
1 infant carrier
1Unopened bag of disposable diapers
1 Container of unopen baby wipes
2 plastic baby bottles with enough formula to ladt during the visit
1 transparent pacifier
9 jar of factory sealed baby food
1 bby blanket single layer
Clothing no blue denium.....

Prohibited items
Items with alcohol in them includes shampoo gel ...
Spicies
Electric or battery operated appliances or devices ex. Toyshair dryer. Curling irons....
Money
Wigs
Linen intuition will provided all that's needed
Aerol sprays or glass containers
Blue or green denim swim suuts grey suits no grey green red purple yelliw or gokd cilor clithing or clithing which may resemble inmate state issued clothing.
Suitcases of any size or material. Alk items muz be either paper bag or in a plastic bag......

Prescribed Medication must provide a written physicist stattement n in original container.....

Mrzhernandez13 04-04-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Your welcome...

U cn take
One bag of clothing per visitor
Deodorant . Toothbrush
Pkastic comb n brush . Feminine hygiene priducts ........
Max is 10 condoms/visit
All personal hygiene items n cosemetics shall b unopened n in clear plastic containers .no glass.

Allowed items for baby
1 infant carrier
1Unopened bag of disposable diapers
1 Container of unopen baby wipes
2 plastic baby bottles with enough formula to ladt during the visit
1 transparent pacifier
9 jar of factory sealed baby food
1 bby blanket single layer
Clothing no blue denium.....

Prohibited items
Items with alcohol in them includes shampoo gel ...
Spicies
Electric or battery operated appliances or devices ex. Toyshair dryer. Curling irons....
Money
Wigs
Linen intuition will provided all that's needed
Aerol sprays or glass containers
Blue or green denim swim suuts grey suits no grey green red purple yelliw or gokd cilor clithing or clithing which may resemble inmate state issued clothing.
Suitcases of any size or material. Alk items muz be either paper bag or in a plastic bag......

Prescribed Medication must provide a written physicist stattement n in original container.....

Ok thanks, the paper we got wasnt as detailed as this, what about shavers? How often can we get a fv? Thanks for your help :-)

maritorres 04-04-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrzhernandez13 (Post 7111740)
Ok thanks, the paper we got wasnt as detailed as this, what about shavers? How often can we get a fv? Thanks for your help :-)

You cnt take electric shavers. The paper said every six months. But idk my husband send me this package last yr when he didn't qualify for fv but he said he was talking to this other guy that told him he was going to his family visit again which was two months apart n it was his second one so im nt sure:/

Mrzhernandez13 04-04-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

You cnt take electric shavers. The paper said every six months. But idk my husband send me this package last yr when he didn't qualify for fv but he said he was talking to this other guy that told him he was going to his family visit again which was two months apart n it was his second one so im nt sure:/

Ok, thank you so very much, we sent the yellow paper and the money for the food, we arewaiting on a date, but it doesn't help they are on lockdown right now :-(

mnm118 04-04-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrzhernandez13

Ok, thank you so very much, we sent the yellow paper and the money for the food, we arewaiting on a date, but it doesn't help they are on lockdown right now :-(

Im where u at...waiting for a date. Just turned in this week. When did u submit yours?
How long does it take I wonder?

Mrzhernandez13 04-04-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnm118

Im where u at...waiting for a date. Just turned in this week. When did u submit yours?
How long does it take I wonder?

I sent the yellow form and the money two weeks ago we still haven't heard anything yet, but they are on lockdown so maybe thats why it's taking longer :-(

SOLiD&FaiTHFUL 04-04-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrzhernandez13 (Post 7111836)
I sent the yellow form and the money two weeks ago we still haven't heard anything yet, but they are on lockdown so maybe thats why it's taking longer :-(

Hey girl, my man also wrote to me last week tellibg me he was on lockdown and didnt know why? I havent gotten a call since the mid of last week. What yard is your man in if you dont mind me asking?

Mrzhernandez13 04-04-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOLiD&FaiTHFUL

Hey girl, my man also wrote to me last week tellibg me he was on lockdown and didnt know why? I havent gotten a call since the mid of last week. What yard is your man in if you dont mind me asking?

Hey my hubby is in B yard