Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1704)
-   -   Stateville NRC: how often they are allowed phone time? Commissary? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723073)

AngelBabyy 08-06-2020 02:29 PM

Stateville NRC: how often they are allowed phone time? Commissary?

Hey friends~ so my friend has been at stateville NRC for several months now waiting to be transferred but they’re not currently moving anyone due to Covid. Does anyone have an LO there? Does anyone know how often they are allowed phone time and when they can shop commissary? It’s a tough time right now! Also it seems the mailroom is backed up! Thanks 💕

jessesgirl1111 08-06-2020 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelBabyy (Post 7824576)
Hey friends~ so my friend has been at stateville NRC for several months now waiting to be transferred but they’re not currently moving anyone due to Covid. Does anyone have an LO there? Does anyone know how often they are allowed phone time and when they can shop commissary? It’s a tough time right now! Also it seems the mailroom is backed up! Thanks 💕

Hi! I know it’s been horrendous there. They actually transferred out over 800 offenders to their parent prisons the last two days. They’re allowed the phone once a week, after their phone list is approved. They can shop once a month for $15, hygiene only. But it’s been such a mess there. And yes the mail room is very behind. Be sure you’re writing NRC on the envelope it will help them sort his mail quicker. Buses have been coming in from the county jails simultaneously and they’ve turned away becuz they haven’t made space, or incoming transfers are testing positive. If I were you, I’d keep checking his IDOC # online. His photo will change once he’s transferred then the next day it’ll say where he is. Sign up for VINE notifications too. Whenever he’s transferred out he will undergo a mandatory 14 day quarantine and no one knows yet if they’ll get the phone during that.

AngelBabyy 08-11-2020 02:44 PM

Thanks for reminding me sign up for VINE! I just got a text from them today saying he’s been transferred. His photo and info hasn’t been changed on the IDOC tho! I had another question I had a letter on the way to him there - will they forward it to his new location ?

jessesgirl1111 08-12-2020 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelBabyy (Post 7824829)
Thanks for reminding me sign up for VINE! I just got a text from them today saying he’s been transferred. His photo and info hasn’t been changed on the IDOC tho! I had another question I had a letter on the way to him there - will they forward it to his new location ?

Oh good!! So happy for you he’s out of there! Yes they will forward the mail but it drags. Start sending to new facility. IDOC offender search updates daily around 10am so check again later.

planetman 09-23-2020 06:23 PM

After 8 long months in the Cook county jail hell, my LO finally has agreed to deal and will be leaving. With the next stop on this journey being NRC, is the situation still so acute there as far as few people transferring out to their parent locations and new detainees not being allowed in because of lack of room? As much as I cant wait to see him out of Cook county, I'm very apprehensive about NRC, as he was in there for a previous offense years ago, and yeah it was no picnic to say the least. Thanks!

AngelBabyy 09-24-2020 09:47 PM

I don’t think he should have any issues getting transferred but a lot of facilities are on lockdown rn and you should expect him to be there for a few weeks

jessesgirl1111 09-24-2020 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetman (Post 7827145)
After 8 long months in the Cook county jail hell, my LO finally has agreed to deal and will be leaving. With the next stop on this journey being NRC, is the situation still so acute there as far as few people transferring out to their parent locations and new detainees not being allowed in because of lack of room? As much as I cant wait to see him out of Cook county, I'm very apprehensive about NRC, as he was in there for a previous offense years ago, and yeah it was no picnic to say the least. Thanks!

They’re moving them in and out of receiving pretty fast now. 14-21 days so it shouldn’t take that long. Even the facilities that are on lockdown are taking in transfers from receiving.

planetman 09-26-2020 07:40 AM

Thanks all, this is very encouraging to hear, esp having been held in Cook county for so many months, with not a damn thing happening.