Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   West Virginia Parole, Probation & Release (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1484)
-   -   30 years!?!! When will he be eligible for parole? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576441)

pittsburgh15120 12-01-2011 10:57 PM

30 years!?!! When will he be eligible for parole?

my man justgot sentenced to.30 years today...its for a.first.time felon..his criminal history points is a 3..this is a drug case..Is there any way he can best eligible for parole?? This doesnt seem right 30 years is too long. we have 3 kids together. is there anything i can do? also he had a 3 day trial and there wasnt one black juror...is that right?? i think it also has to do with racism.!

D677 12-02-2011 01:43 AM

30 years!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pittsburgh15120 (Post 6474370)
my man justgot sentenced to.30 years today...its for a.first.time felon..his criminal history points is a 3..this is a drug case..Is there any way he can best eligible for parole?? This doesnt seem right 30 years is too long. we have 3 kids together. is there anything i can do? also he had a 3 day trial and there wasnt one black juror...is that right?? i think it also has to do with racism.!

HI Pittsburg,

Oh my, you must be totally devastated. My heart took a jump when I read 30 years. This does not seem right, I agree.
Do you have a lawyer? Surely, there must be room for an appeal.
I hope that you can find the right people to help you with this.
Oh God, please help her.

Sincerely,

D677

lovemipapi 12-02-2011 06:28 AM

way too long!
drug charges are the WORST it is down right crazy!
i just don't get it!
I'm sorry you are going thru this! I wish i knew something i could tell you to give you hope, however I don't know what or if there is anything? I imagine some appeals which obviously will take time! I also bet there will be some people that can come along that have been through this and or are going thru the same thing with a horrid sentence that can offer advice to what they have done and or are going through and doing.
Hang in there!
HUGS

pittsburgh15120 03-31-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemipapi
way too long!
drug charges are the WORST it is down right crazy!
i just don't get it!
I'm sorry you are going thru this! I wish i knew something i could tell you to give you hope, however I don't know what or if there is anything? I imagine some appeals which obviously will take time! I also bet there will be some people that can come along that have been through this and or are going thru the same thing with a horrid sentence that can offer advice to what they have done and or are going through and doing.
Hang in there!
HUGS

awww..:)...thanks n im.trying!

pittsburgh15120 03-31-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D677

HI Pittsburg,

Oh my, you must be totally devastated. My heart took a jump when I read 30 years. This does not seem right, I agree.
Do you have a lawyer? Surely, there must be room for an appeal.
I hope that you can find the right people to help you with this.
Oh God, please help her.

Sincerely,

D677

aws thanks n yeah he filed appeal...:)

Potemkin 04-02-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pittsburgh15120 (Post 6680933)
aws thanks n yeah he filed appeal...:)

Is it 30 yeas flat, or is it something like 2-30?

pittsburgh15120 04-05-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potemkin

Is it 30 yeas flat, or is it something like 2-30?

30 years flat...the judge said it in months..but equaled to 30 years...hes not violent has never been..it was a drug case no guns or nothin...30 years just dsnt sound right

MissingMyDaniel 04-10-2012 10:38 PM

In regards to the jury, it is definitely biased but unfortunately the Supreme Court ruled in McCleskey that in order to be granted an appeal or mistrial, it is the responsibility of the defense to prove that there was discrimination during the jury selection which lead to an all white jury. You could try contacting the ACLU to see if they have any resources you can connect with. I know it's really hard right now and all you hear is 30 years but if he doesn't lose any good time then he will discharge in 15 years and he might be home before then with parole. Good luck to you and your man! I hope he is granted an appeal and given a fair trial.

justvicki 04-17-2012 03:45 PM

If he was sentenced in months it sounds as though it is federal time. Its my understanding feds do not parole, but have to do a percentage their time, then go to a half way house, and its all dependent on the crime and its enhancements. If he is a federal inmate, check out the federal forum here on Prisontalk. There is a wealth of information there. There is a world of difference between how state and federal time is figured and discharged.

Good luck!!