Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1082)
-   -   New to La Palma (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=689626)

krystalkane54 04-13-2016 07:05 PM

New to La Palma

Hey everyone I am super new to this please help.... So my husband just left centinela was in ironwood for more than a week and now he is in LaPalma. I got mail from him but i dont think he received any of mine back... He thinks he is going to end up in Mississippi which i dont want. Has anyone recently went through process can anyone offer advice or what to look for ward to rhank all help is appreciated.

lizz1134 04-18-2016 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krstslkane54 (Post 7525559)
Hey everyone I am super new to this please help.... So my husband just left centinela was in ironwood for more than a week and now he is in LaPalma. I got mail from him but i dont think he received any of mine back... He thinks he is going to end up in Mississippi which i dont want. Has anyone recently went through process can anyone offer advice or what to look for ward to rhank all help is appreciated.

Hi I'm in the same as you my bf just got transferred from ironwood too n he told me he was gonna get send to Mississippi too but his doing orientation and I order his package already so idk he told me that there's people there that's been there for 5 months. N they haven't send them out.........

krystalkane54 04-18-2016 09:09 AM

New To La Palma

Thank you for your reply, I want to send him a package this week but I dont want it to get caught up in the shuffle during all this transferring. How long has your bf been at La Palma mine just got there on Wednesday. I only know he is there because I always check the website have you heard from your guy since he has been there is he still on orientation... Thank you for the the reply
Quote:

Originally Posted by lizz1134 (Post 7526488)

Hi I'm in the same as you my bf just got transferred from ironwood too n he told me he was gonna get send to Mississippi too but his doing orientation and I order his package already so idk he told me that there's people there that's been there for 5 months. N they haven't send them out.........

lizz1134 04-18-2016 11:25 AM

His been there since April 11 n he called me that's how I found out n he told me before they send him out too n I been on that too I asked the CO when I called n she said at the moment they don't know if his getting moved so idk but my bf told me his getting his property did u visit ur bf at ironwood n was it thru glass or contact

krystalkane54 04-18-2016 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizz1134 (Post 7526577)
His been there since April 11 n he called me that's how I found out n he told me before they send him out too n I been on that too I asked the CO when I called n she said at the moment they don't know if his getting moved so idk but my bf told me his getting his property did u visit ur bf at ironwood n was it thru glass or contact

I finally got a call from him today and he is unsure of what is to come, but he wants me to order a package for him anyway he said there are some dudes who have been there for 8 month still waiting to go to Mississippi. No he was only in Ironwood for like 12 day which was one weekend so I didn't get a chance to visit while he was there. I am already trying to visit La Palma though have to visited since he has been out there? I am hoping that he remains in AZ it is much more convenient than MS

lizz1134 04-18-2016 11:33 AM

I know right I'm trying to go too but I have to wait till orientation is over n the good thing is that now is contact visitation if u don't mind me asking how long does ur man have left to get out mines gets out in 2018

krystalkane54 04-18-2016 01:37 PM

Yeah I am also trying to go as soon as possible.. Did yours give you any type of time frame on when they would be out of orientation or when they might receive their property? Mine is due to get out around the same time but we are supposed to go to board within the year and hopefully all of this will be over...What prison in CA was your bf coming from?

lizz1134 04-18-2016 06:29 PM

His going to board in Oct but they said orientation takes 14 days n to receive his property he said a month n to get to his old books it's a month too n to put money it's thru western union he was in wayside northkern n ironwood when is visiting for u in arizona

krystalkane54 04-18-2016 06:42 PM

He hasn't given me specific cisiring information as far as days and hours do you have some for when you visit. I was thinking of trying to visit even if it is behind glass because it will be a while if he ends up in MS. He also told me about 2 weeks for orientation and month before he geta his property which sucks. He wants me to order a package already u said u did one already to La Palma?

krystalkane54 04-18-2016 06:43 PM

Visiting*

lizz1134 04-18-2016 07:02 PM

I did but they called me today saying I got to wait till his out of orantation n I called n said it's contact n it's only the 2nd n 4th Thursday of the month n it's from 830 to 1230

krystalkane54 04-18-2016 07:07 PM

Who called the package company said u have to wait... Thank u i was going to try and order tomorrow. Contact visits are only the 2nd and 4th thursday of the month only are u serious? Who did u talk to about that this just gave me a headache lol

lizz1134 04-18-2016 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystalkane54 (Post 7526696)
Who called the package company said u have to wait... Thank u i was going to try and order tomorrow. Contact visits are only the 2nd and 4th thursday of the month only are u serious? Who did u talk to about that this just gave me a headache lol

They called me cuz I order the package n they told me to wait until he was done with orientation and for visitation I talked to a few but it depends what yard is yours is mine is in Hispanic side

krystalkane54 04-18-2016 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizz1134 (Post 7526729)
They called me cuz I order the package n they told me to wait until he was done with orientation and for visitation I talked to a few but it depends what yard is yours is mine is in Hispanic side

Oh ok do u happen to have the number i want to call and ask some questions tomorrow. We're thru helpful when you called

lizz1134 04-18-2016 11:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by krystalkane54 (Post 7526733)
Oh ok do u happen to have the number i want to call and ask some questions tomorrow. We're thru helpful when you called

+15204643200 leave a message me they'll get back to u there were nice to me where do u stay at if u don't mind me asking

gfaavesi 09-15-2016 09:30 AM

** Also NEW to La Palma **

Good morning Ladies. My husband just transferred to La Palma this week. I was reading all the posts about orientation so I'm hoping he'll be done by the end of next week so I can visit. How have your visits been? Do we need to call and set up an appointment to visit? Thank you ladies for all of your help. You all are life savers! Have blessed day! :):)

krystalkane54 09-15-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gfaavesi (Post 7565209)
Good morning Ladies. My husband just transferred to La Palma this week. I was reading all the posts about orientation so I'm hoping he'll be done by the end of next week so I can visit. How have your visits been? Do we need to call and set up an appointment to visit? Thank you ladies for all of your help. You all are life savers! Have blessed day! :):)

Hey I never got to visit ny husband wass there maybe 3 weeks the week he got off orientation i was going to visit but he left that Thursday for Mississippi. I still hAvent been able to visit in 6 months hopeful i will go to Mississippi next month sorry cant be of more assisstance. My advice do whatever he has to not to go to mississippi it is horrible out there we regret it and it is hard on the family everything is more expensive

gfaavesi 09-15-2016 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystalkane54 (Post 7565268)
Hey I never got to visit ny husband wass there maybe 3 weeks the week he got off orientation i was going to visit but he left that Thursday for Mississippi. I still hAvent been able to visit in 6 months hopeful i will go to Mississippi next month sorry cant be of more assisstance. My advice do whatever he has to not to go to mississippi it is horrible out there we regret it and it is hard on the family everything is more expensive

I'm so sorry to hear that, but I do truly appreciate you replying to my post. Our hope is that my husband remains in Arizona. I'm planning to visit either next weekend or the weekend after. Hopefully by then he'll be done with orientation. Praying everything works out for you. Have a blessed day!

dachosen1 10-13-2016 12:31 PM

Hey. My husband just left Mississippi this week on Monday. Supposed to be back in Cali because he is a level one, but I checked online today and saw that he's back at La Palma. We were there for 9 Months before he went to Mississippi. He was in Mississippi for 3 1/2 almost 4 years. It wasn't bad. New facility and new rules of course, but overall you'll make it through. Let me know if you have any questions about being there. They do family visits there now too. We were scheduled for the 27th of this month and they moved him. Total bummer!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystalkane54 (Post 7565268)

sactowife 10-15-2016 03:34 PM

La Palma

I always stay in Casa Grande. Its a nice size little city and easy drive to the prison. Hotwire usually has pretty good deals on cars.

Kellyf 04-07-2018 12:56 PM

Trying to send money through western union

I am in California, my bf was sent to La Palma and I am trying to send him money via western union. The facility name is not in the drop down list so i need the name or code city if anyone knows it please id appreciate it. I thought it was la palma correctional facility???

Strength&Loyalty 06-05-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellyf (Post 7713021)
I am in California, my bf was sent to La Palma and I am trying to send him money via western union. The facility name is not in the drop down list so i need the name or code city if anyone knows it please id appreciate it. I thought it was la palma correctional facility???

you have to select
corrections corp of america for la palma
and you have to have his commissary number