Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   NEW YORK CITY HUB - NY DOC (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=638)
-   -   Newbie to Sing Sing (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658568)

NYHASMYHEART 02-04-2014 10:58 AM

Newbie to Sing Sing

Hello everyone,

So my hubby will be moving to Sing Sing. I am not happy about this since I love where he is now and I am used to everything. I have been reading things and have seen that it is hard to find and that I will need to park like 10 mins away and walk to the facility. Also the package info some say it is a TV facility some say it is not. Does anyone have the 2014 visiting calendar yet, just so I get an idea since I am in Florida I will need to plan my trips way better :( which I am not happy about, I am used to going to visit three days in a row, Fri, Sat and Sunday. Please anyone that knows about Sing Sing and also who goes to visit alot please give me more info :) maybe even have a new pal to go with my first time so I am not alone and I know what to do.

Thanks

Momma Ann 02-04-2014 02:00 PM

the parking situation is not great there. Best to park where the train comes in and take a short cab ride ($5-7 ).

Momma Ann 02-04-2014 02:11 PM

call and ask on the packages/TV thing. As of Dec. 2012--it was not yet a TV facility--but it seems it was being converted--so it may be one by now.

d in NYC 02-05-2014 08:01 AM

welcome to the sing sing group

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYHASMYHEART (Post 7287606)
Hello everyone,

So my hubby will be moving to Sing Sing. I am not happy about this since I love where he is now and I am used to everything. I have been reading things and have seen that it is hard to find and that I will need to park like 10 mins away and walk to the facility. Also the package info some say it is a TV facility some say it is not. Does anyone have the 2014 visiting calendar yet, just so I get an idea since I am in Florida I will need to plan my trips way better :( which I am not happy about, I am used to going to visit three days in a row, Fri, Sat and Sunday. Please anyone that knows about Sing Sing and also who goes to visit alot please give me more info :) maybe even have a new pal to go with my first time so I am not alone and I know what to do.

Thanks

it is not a TV facility. It was being converted at one point but i think work has stopped. If you drive up the hill behind the facility, there is parking but i don't know if it is only for staff. you can call and find out for sure i guess. Cabs from the train station run $5 if you take it on your own and $3 if you share it withother visitors coming off the trains (on the weekends). I haven't gotten the 2014 schedule yet but if i do, i will scan and post it here. I usually cab it up (especially carrying packages) and then during good weather, walk back down to the station.

NYHASMYHEART 03-17-2014 12:38 PM

Thank you :) I normally rent a car so I will have to call to find out about parking. So you go there now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by d in NYC (Post 7287980)
it is not a TV facility. It was being converted at one point but i think work has stopped. If you drive up the hill behind the facility, there is parking but i don't know if it is only for staff. you can call and find out for sure i guess. Cabs from the train station run $5 if you take it on your own and $3 if you share it withother visitors coming off the trains (on the weekends). I haven't gotten the 2014 schedule yet but if i do, i will scan and post it here. I usually cab it up (especially carrying packages) and then during good weather, walk back down to the station.

d in NYC 03-18-2014 08:43 AM

yes, i currently visit sing sing

it's easier for me to get to with the train station right down the hill from the prison. Once he is eligible to move to a medium facility, i don't know what i'm going to do again. Hopefully find bus service that goes wherever he is next. :(

JASNBENG 03-23-2014 06:40 PM

They will become a TV facility sometime next month, my husband just moved there and told me... FYI

Momma Ann 03-24-2014 02:58 AM

Just be aware they have been spinning that TV thing for a while.

CHAMPSWIFE!! 04-02-2014 07:34 AM

I was just told from a friend that inmates have been given 60 days to get their packages from home because of them getting the TV's. Anyone know if they can receive lunch meat, if so does it matter what kind. I know it can't be from the deli, but some places only let in the ones in the container that are also sealed inside, others don't let in the containers.

Momma Ann 04-02-2014 09:23 AM

no glued seals are allowed any whre in DOCS-so I assume that is the same for Sing Sing. Find the kind in the plastic bags.

JASNBENG 04-14-2014 08:08 PM

I just sent my husband some summer beef sausage and pepperoni sticks and tuna pouches... never sent lunch meat before and wouldn't recommend it.

gapeach699 05-19-2014 01:58 PM

Hi, I'm new to the sing sing prison...its very hard because I recently moved back down south but my "friend" lol is still in NY..