Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Indiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=766)
-   -   Unable to send money w/jpay...are there other ways to send money? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527846)

xandtrick 02-09-2011 03:48 PM

Unable to send money w/jpay...are there other ways to send money?

Hi,

up untill yesterday I was able to send my g/f money every 2 weeks or so through jpay
Well, she made a mistake by also accepting money from her brother through jpay but he was not registeredon her visitationlist. Therefore they stripped her of all the jpay features along with several others.

My questions is, what other ways are there to send her money? The thing that's making a difficult is that I'm currently outside the US, in Europe. So I can't get a USPS Money order or so.

Does Moneygram deliver to prisons? My g/f is currently at Rockville Correctional Facility.
Please let me know what alternatives I have to send her money.

Thank you very much.

Cara1947 02-09-2011 04:29 PM

I think Moneygram will work. It's a money order I think I've heard of. Any kind of guaranteed funds (bank money order, cashier's check) as long as it's US dollars should work. Western Union is available in Europe and will send money to the US. You can send money that way also.

Mail to
Inmate Trust Fund
P. O. Box 60
Huntsville, TX 77342

Put her full name and inmate number on the money order.

Now, how quickly you can get it there from somewhere in Europe . . . beats me! WU is probably the quickest, but you'll have to check with them. I used that method when I lived in the UK, but that has been years ago.

Hope it helps! A hard lesson to be sure.
CJ

Cara1947 02-09-2011 04:32 PM

I just realized she may not be in a Texas facility! DUH!

Call the headquarters of the prison system in the state where she is located and they will have an inmate trust fund. (The headquarters for TDCJ is in Huntsville.) You may also ask them what form of international funds they will accept. (I still think Western Union will probably be the fastest and is pretty much acceptable anywhere.)

Sorry about that!
CJ

Brainy 02-09-2011 04:41 PM

Yes, Moneygram is available to most prisons.

Western Union is a better bet. I know, for Colorado, its CO DOC SURNAME DOC Number and city the prison is located.

Get a phone card and phone her prison and find out if her prison accept WU and how to write it out on the fourm. Good luck.

xandtrick 02-09-2011 05:11 PM

Thanks for all the great and fast responses.

I was looking into the moneygram, do you have to send the moneygram to the person in person with her name on it or do you make and send it out to the Correctional Facility she is staying at with her name and DOC# included? Meaning the prison will cash it and hopefully deposit it on her books.

Snowwolf 02-09-2011 06:32 PM

Make it out to her with her DOC # on it. You can access Indiana prison information HERE to get the phone number to the prison if needed and possibly the information about what types of money orders/payments for her books they will accept. Good luck :)

Snowwolf

LBoogie0810 02-09-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xandtrick (Post 5953153)
Hi,

up untill yesterday I was able to send my g/f money every 2 weeks or so through jpay
Well, she made a mistake by also accepting money from her brother through jpay but he was not registeredon her visitationlist. Therefore they stripped her of all the jpay features along with several others.

My questions is, what other ways are there to send her money? The thing that's making a difficult is that I'm currently outside the US, in Europe. So I can't get a USPS Money order or so.

Does Moneygram deliver to prisons? My g/f is currently at Rockville Correctional Facility.
Please let me know what alternatives I have to send her money.

Thank you very much.

In Indiana, they ONLY accept postal money orders!! No exceptions. Other than j-pay... Kinda sucks.

MJDNRP-6885 02-10-2011 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBoogie0810 (Post 5953898)
In Indiana, they ONLY accept postal money orders!! No exceptions. Other than j-pay... Kinda sucks.

Don't forget that you HAVE to be on their visiting list or IDOC will put a 6 month Administrative hold on their inmate account, which will prevent them from ordering commissary. :mad: