Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered People in Prison (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   Gay and in Love with an inmate (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=610893)

Asantemode 07-01-2012 06:05 PM

Gay and in Love with an inmate

I just wanted to say something positive about my gay relationship with an inmate who is housed as E.K.C.C. We have been talking for over a year and we are in love and making our plans for the future. My partner has been amazing. He has never asked me for anything. We talk about everything!! He is the first person in a long time that I have met who seems to be honest and sincere. He gets out next summer, and we are looking forward to new beginings. We are just taking it step by step, one day at a time. That's all you can do. We write to each other every week, and call just once a week because calls can get expensive. It feels weird falling in love with someone behind bars, but yet it seems right. He has made me less judgemental to those incarcerated. Everyone has not had a perfect life that may have led them to do the wrong things. As long as he wants to be better and do better once he gets out I will be right there standing with him. But in no way is my love blind.I love me more. I will keep you all posted as to where our journey ends. I love my baby.

bdwell 07-01-2012 10:40 PM

Sweet....cheers to your future.

Scotties_Girl21 07-04-2012 09:49 AM

Congrats (: love is a very powerful feeling and we, the lucky ones, are so fortunate to have the chance to feel such a bond :thumbsup: wishing you both future happiness and an even stronger bond.

Every day brings me one day closer to you....<3

photoholic808 07-12-2012 11:47 AM

Congrats.. I wish you a long happy life ;-)

benbaker108 07-19-2012 12:33 AM

Grats

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaynedon (Post 6849158)
I just wanted to say something positive about my gay relationship with an inmate who is housed as E.K.C.C. .

As in Eastern Kentucky Correctional Complex?

eloriel 07-19-2012 03:27 AM

Quote:

I just wanted to say something positive about my gay relationship with an inmate who is housed as E.K.C.C. We have been talking for over a year and we are in love and making our plans for the future. My partner has been amazing. He has never asked me for anything. We talk about everything!! He is the first person in a long time that I have met who seems to be honest and sincere. He gets out next summer, and we are looking forward to new beginings. We are just taking it step by step, one day at a time. That's all you can do. We write to each other every week, and call just once a week because calls can get expensive. It feels weird falling in love with someone behind bars, but yet it seems right. He has made me less judgemental to those incarcerated. Everyone has not had a perfect life that may have led them to do the wrong things. As long as he wants to be better and do better once he gets out I will be right there standing with him. But in no way is my love blind.I love me more. I will keep you all posted as to where our journey ends. I love my baby.

I am happy for you, although my alarm is ringing when hearing KY....would be great to hear what happened upon release. We need happy endings! :)

Rachel C 07-20-2012 07:41 PM

Congrats....I love to read stories about people happy in love. Wishing you and your loved one the very best!

Asantemode 07-23-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbaker108 (Post 6877134)
As in Eastern Kentucky Correctional Complex?

Yes. Eastern kentucky Correctional Complex

Asantemode 07-23-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eloriel (Post 6877182)
I am happy for you, although my alarm is ringing when hearing KY....would be great to hear what happened upon release. We need happy endings! :)

Thanks. I will keep you posted. But he is gay, i knew him before he went in.

Tried&True 07-28-2012 08:02 AM

Good for you guy. Loving an inmate isn't always easy, you miss him, get mad at him for being locked away, but always think of him. Keep the faith and best wishes for your future together.

I'm envious. My guy doesn't come home for 2 years.

Asantemode 07-28-2012 09:21 PM

Thanks! Yeah I am the one nervous and scared about our new beginings!! He tells me I need to just relax and live in the moment. Easy for him to say! He thinks everything is going to be a piece of cake. I just do not want to fool myself. Especially about him finding employment. We have 11 months to go and counting.

carlsonpaulmich 08-04-2012 02:18 PM

Same Here

I have also been writing someone from EKCC for about 6 months now. We have grown very far from the start, but after reading things on here I seem to doubt myself. He's mostly been with women in the past and had a rather messed up childhood. I write him a few times a week and we even chat on the phone on almost a nightly basis. I even had the nerve to go visit him about a week ago. I'm really into him, but at the same time scared. I dont want him to be like some of the stories I read about. I'm also living my life with HIV and he isnt, but seems to love me for me. His name is Erick and only has another year at EKCC.. Any thoughts??

He's Home 2011 08-04-2012 06:59 PM

aww i wish you both lots of luck when he is home next summer,god speed 2 u

god speed to the both of you,being IN love is beautiful isn't it?
whether meeting from behind bars,or out,it is IMO anyhow all the same,to me,and hard work,to sustain on a loving respectful positive mature level,so good luck to you both.

Quote:

Asantemode 08-05-2012 11:06 AM

People do not realize it is just as hard getting to know someone who is not in prison. They lie, cheat, and everything else in between. No matter what situation you have to walk cautiously. Believe I am nobody's fool, and I have a low tolerance for bullshit.

Asantemode 08-05-2012 11:12 AM

Doubt

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlsonpaulmich (Post 6897075)
I have also been writing someone from EKCC for about 6 months now. We have grown very far from the start, but after reading things on here I seem to doubt myself. He's mostly been with women in the past and had a rather messed up childhood. I write him a few times a week and we even chat on the phone on almost a nightly basis. I even had the nerve to go visit him about a week ago. I'm really into him, but at the same time scared. I dont want him to be like some of the stories I read about. I'm also living my life with HIV and he isnt, but seems to love me for me. His name is Erick and only has another year at EKCC.. Any thoughts??

Yeah the things you hear on this forum can make you doubt yourself, but you have to know yourself first and who you are. If you doubt anything in your life then it is not right. So either you have to let the doubt go, or let the person go.

nicenjazzy 08-05-2012 11:36 AM

Yay for you and congrats!! Love your attitude and outlook. Stay positive and strong. Long as you keep your eyes open you'll see the signs. Here's hoping for a long loving relationship to you both!
PS: I know reading the negative post can teach you what to look out for but don't let them make you see things that aren't there. I let them get me down once but now I just skim right on by them. You sound like you have your head on straight though so I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Asantemode 08-05-2012 06:30 PM

Thank you so much for your encouragement!! If I let the negatives things get to me I would have never given my LO one a chance and we would not be where we are today. I do understand the feeling of those who have been mislead, or scammed. So it is good to be cautious but you also have to know that everyone is not the same.

Fires1 10-28-2012 12:04 AM

I really like your comment here.
When l started looking for pen friends it was a bit like going shopping in a Super Market. I felt that I have chosen wisely from the 10 guys on my list only to find that 3 still remain today. Financially though, writing to PWI can be costly if you don't learn to say no fairly quickly in the piece.

Yeah the things you hear on this forum can make you doubt yourself, but you have to know yourself first and who you are. If you doubt anything in your life then it is not right. So either you have to let the doubt go, or let the person go.[/quote]

Asantemode 01-22-2013 07:51 PM

Still in love

Hello Everyone,
It's been awhile since I have been on here. Just wanted everyone to know that me and my love are still going strong!! He gets out this year. I know he loves me because he has done some things to prove it to me, which I choose not to say here. I just wanted to give an update, and just again wanted to add something positive to this forum.He hates me getting on stuff like this, but there may be someone else out there who has found love in prison, and I just wanted them to know that it can happen, but of course proceed with care. I did not set out to find love in prison, but it happened. I think that what has worked for me is that I am a realist, and I don't see love through rose colored glasses. Remember anyone will do only what you allow them to do to you. Those who have sent out positive shout outs, I thank you for your support.

Asantemode 05-06-2013 01:17 AM

Still Going Strong

I have not posted in awhile. But I just wanted to give an update that me and my love are still going strong. He gets outs in a few months and we can begin a new life together. Just wanted to keep others inspired who are in a prison relationship. Taking one day at a time.

NewAttitude 05-08-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaynedon (Post 7056334)
Hello Everyone,
It's been awhile since I have been on here. Just wanted everyone to know that me and my love are still going strong!! He gets out this year. I know he loves me because he has done some things to prove it to me, which I choose not to say here. I just wanted to give an update, and just again wanted to add something positive to this forum.He hates me getting on stuff like this, but there may be someone else out there who has found love in prison, and I just wanted them to know that it can happen, but of course proceed with care. I did not set out to find love in prison, but it happened. I think that what has worked for me is that I am a realist, and I don't see love through rose colored glasses. Remember anyone will do only what you allow them to do to you. Those who have sent out positive shout outs, I thank you for your support.

Nice to see that things are going good. I agree with you that love just happens. I don't know if you are in a MWI relationship...Mike and I are not but our love is something that just happened. Now, almost 19 years later, it is still happening.

NewAttitude 05-09-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike'sbabyboy (Post 7139266)
Nice to see that things are going good. I agree with you that love just happens. I don't know if you are in a MWI relationship...Mike and I are not but our love is something that just happened. Now, almost 19 years later, it is still happening.

I said 19 years, but I meant to say 18 years.

Asantemode 06-08-2013 02:35 PM

5 months and my man will be released. A new chapter in our book of life will begin. I don't post a lot on here but I want to say thanks to all who have had positive encouragement a for me! I have to say any to everyone who is involved with an inmate to allow them the chance to show you who they are.and when they do believe them. It may be good or bad. If its bad run as fast as you can. If its good hold on as tight as you can.

Heluvedme1st 06-08-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaynedon (Post 7160014)
5 months and my man will be released. A new chapter in our book of life will begin. I don't post a lot on here but i want to say thanks to all who have had positive encouragement a for me! I have to say any to everyone who is involved with an inmate to allow them the chance to show you who they are.and when they do believe them. It may be good or bad. If its bad run as fast as you can. If its good hold on as tight as you can.

im so happy for you guys. This story is so motivating. I can't wait until you give us a update once your love one is home. Nothing but positive energy and respects flowing your way. Here's to happiness and love

Asantemode 06-08-2013 05:56 PM

Thanks for the support!!