Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Colorado Parole, Probation & Release (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=950)
-   -   New parole rules in Colorado? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705042)

snowblind 08-12-2017 03:15 PM

New parole rules in Colorado?

Anyone know about the new parole "rules". My boyfriend says things have changed. Now, the parole plan has to be approved BEFORE the offender is paroled he says. The parole officer will check the facility first before the plan is approved by parole.

nimuay 08-13-2017 08:03 PM

Hmmmm. New York always approves the situation before allowing the inmate out.

CenTexLyn 08-13-2017 08:51 PM

I guess I am with nimuay here...unless OP is discussing a change that the plan has to be confirmed before the file went to the Board for a vote. But even that wouldn't make much sense due to it wasting too much time of field staff who are ALREADY overworked (and often under-staffed).

Typical process here in Texas is that the unit interviewer gets the plan and it is included in the Case Summary that goes to the Board. IF the Board approves the release, then the plan is farmed to the appropriate field office for plan approval. Sometimes this may be a week or two after the vote and sometimes it could be months down the road if the vote required an in-prison program to be completed prior to release. Only if there is an approved plan will the actual release be scheduled.

Revenwyn 08-14-2017 01:15 PM

Yes, from what I understand they have to have an approved place to live before they get paroled. No more paroling out to extended stay hotels, etc.

Also in some cases they have to have a lot of safety plans in place (if they're a sex offender for instance) like if they must go to a location where there will be children (hospital, etc.)

amyrustywilson1 06-22-2018 05:33 PM

approved parole plan

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowblind (Post 7654913)
Anyone know about the new parole "rules". My boyfriend says things have changed. Now, the parole plan has to be approved BEFORE the offender is paroled he says. The parole officer will check the facility first before the plan is approved by parole.

So I just went through this and the Parole Officer will contact you before the parole hearing to have the parole plan approved if it is aproved the parole board will consider the approved parole plan. Hope that helps. best reguards

nancyginnm 06-22-2018 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyrustywilson1 (Post 7728812)
So I just went through this and the Parole Officer will contact you before the parole hearing to have the parole plan approved if it is aproved the parole board will consider the approved parole plan. Hope that helps. best reguards

Does a home visit happen before the hearing?