Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1072)
-   -   2013-2014 LAC Family Visiting Q& A (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628511)

traviesita 12-14-2012 12:41 PM

2013-2014 LAC Family Visiting Q& A

Anything related to family visits (overnight visits) should be posted in this thread!

tbrent75 01-03-2013 12:54 AM

Hello. My husband just put in fo a FV on 12/29/12. I just want to know how the process works and how long the process takes, from the day you request a fv to the day you arrive. I'm a little anxious being that i havent been able to touch or kiss my husband in over 2 years. I know i am approved to visit and we know we are eligible for them. Any help is appreciated. Oh and also how often can you get them?? Thanks!!!

joggs 01-03-2013 12:58 AM

It took two weeks for us to get a date i also had to send in a money order for food before i got a date. Every 6 weeks is how often we will get them...my husband is at solano in northern cali but it shouldnt be much different

foreverandever 01-04-2013 12:25 PM

wats the procces and how do they approve you

true2krazy 01-07-2013 05:03 PM

I would like to know the process as well. What is it that i need to send in for the family visits, and is there some one i can contact in lancaster direct that can give me those answeres?

iluvdp4life 01-10-2013 11:44 PM

normally i just request the date for family visiting when i go to visit my hubby on the weekends they will let you pick your date, but if its your first family visit your hubby will have to get approved from his counselor, then the counselor would let him know what to do...then i order the package through walkenhorst. the visits are on tuesdays or thursdays. Im not sure what number you would call for answers....but if you have any questions you can message me my i have my date for the end of feb. :boogie:

Jessoby 01-15-2013 10:20 AM

Hi
We just submitted our FV application. I have a few questions. How long is the process from when app was turned in to scheduling your first visit? Can you schedule any day of the week? How many nights can you stay over and how often?
Thank You in advance for your help.

Jessoby 01-15-2013 12:09 PM

What's the process when you request a standby visit? Can you still request a regular visit if your on a standby list? Who provides the food? Can I order from a vendor or does the prison have a standard menu you pick from?
I'm sorry I know alot of questions and again I Thank You in advance.

iluvdp4life 01-16-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessoby (Post 7050574)
What's the process when you request a standby visit? Can you still request a regular visit if your on a standby list? Who provides the food? Can I order from a vendor or does the prison have a standard menu you pick from?
I'm sorry I know alot of questions and again I Thank You in advance.

im not sure how long the application is taking but once you get approved they will give you a date they are only on tuesdays or thursday and you order the food through walkenhorst

foreverandever 01-17-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdp4life (Post 7051837)
im not sure how long the application is taking but once you get approved they will give you a date they are only on tuesdays or thursday and you order the food through walkenhorst

who give the family visit application

Jessoby 01-17-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverandever (Post 7052416)
who give the family visit application

Hi Thank You for you help. My husband gave it to his counselor Nave. He had an original marriage license.

foreverandever 01-19-2013 10:48 AM

does amyone know if had to give there original martied licsence to the counsler

foreverandever 01-19-2013 10:50 PM

were else can you order food for family visits.

tbrent75 01-19-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverandever (Post 7053700)
does amyone know if had to give there original martied licsence to the counsler

Go to county clerks office and get a certified copy. I sent my original to cmf in vacaville and they lost it. So they told me from now on just send a certified copy. It's about $18 in my city (Sacramento).

Bobbie_Wifey 01-21-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverandever (Post 7054191)
were else can you order food for family visits.

From what I know, Walkenhorst's does family visitation packages.

foreverandever 01-28-2013 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbie_Wifey

From what I know, Walkenhorst's does family visitation packages.

who has camvell for a counsler

foreverandever 01-28-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbrent75 (Post 7041085)
Hello. My husband just put in fo a FV on 12/29/12. I just want to know how the process works and how long the process takes, from the day you request a fv to the day you arrive. I'm a little anxious being that i havent been able to touch or kiss my husband in over 2 years. I know i am approved to visit and we know we are eligible for them. Any help is appreciated. Oh and also how often can you get them?? Thanks!!!

wat yard are you on do have counsler cambell

foreverandever 01-28-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbrent75 (Post 7054192)
Go to county clerks office and get a certified copy. I sent my original to cmf in vacaville and they lost it. So they told me from now on just send a certified copy. It's about $18 in my city (Sacramento).

certified do mean certified mail. you mean. or from the regstar recorder.

foreverandever 01-28-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbrent75 (Post 7041085)

one more ? are still waiting to get aproved

tbrent75 01-29-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocevguerawife10 (Post 7060661)
one more ? are still waiting to get aproved

I cant remember my hubbys counselor's name but it starts with a F. Hes on D yard. Yes I mean the certified copy from the registrar. I'm still waiting on approval. I sent the certificate to my hubby and the mailroom took it out and "misplaced" it so now i will be calling tomorrow because someone will be fixing this. Im tired of waiting and i want my fv now. Lol. Hope u don't have as much trouble as I am having.

tbrent75 01-29-2013 01:25 AM

Wait ok so my hubby said we are approved, his counselor said he just needs our marriage cert. To get our date. Hopefully soon...

foreverandever 01-30-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbrent75

I cant remember my hubbys counselor's name but it starts with a F. Hes on D yard. Yes I mean the certified copy from the registrar. I'm still waiting on approval. I sent the certificate to my hubby and the mailroom took it out and "misplaced" it so now i will be calling tomorrow because someone will be fixing this. Im tired of waiting and i want my fv now. Lol. Hope u don't have as much trouble as I am having.

myhusband said we got approved just waiting 4 a date

Jessoby 01-30-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverandever (Post 7062023)
myhusband said we got approved just waiting 4 a date

You can also order food for your FV from Access

foreverandever 01-30-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessoby
You can also order food for your FV from Access

wich one better

tbrent75 01-30-2013 11:14 PM

Ok so the counselor said the fv coordinator has everything they need and we just need to wait on our date. Can i call and get a date or do we just sit back and wait for him or her to contact us. That would be awesome if one of you ladies had the same date!!! LolLol