Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Straight Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Ex-Prisoners / Cons Please Sign In! (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16388)

David 06-05-2003 03:15 PM

Ex-Prisoners / Cons Please Sign In!

If you have been incarcerated any time in the past, please sign in here. If you would like, please also tell us when and where and anything else you feel is relevant.

Please ONLY use this thread to "sign in" and not for general conversation. My goal for this thread is to let PTO members know who we are in the event they have questions for us, and for future ex-cons/offenders/prisoners to see there are others of us here.

Thanks,
David (Fed-X)

[You are welcome to be as detailed as you want.. Just your name & where you did time, or as long winded as you like]

David 06-05-2003 03:22 PM

Fed-X / David - Texas

I did my only real prison time in the Feds - Beaumont F.C.I. Medium - 27 months.

I have also been in the Federal Detention Center in Houston, Harris County Jail, Montgomery Co. Jail, Brazos Co. Jail & Boot Camp, Williamson Co. Jail, and a number of other Texas jails.
As a Juvi I did 9 months in TYC (Texas Youth Commission) and guess I didn't get enough, though I always seemed to skirt the law for the most part.. Doing just enough to walk the edge but rarely falling over. Have been on some type of paper since 1992 and am really looking forward to getting off in the next year or so. Federal Probation is MUCH easier (if you are doing right) than state.
My fed time/charge was Felon in possession of a firearm.

If anyone needs to know about Fed prisons, especially F.C.I. Beaumont, I'm here to help.. I can also cover some state related things but I will usually send you to someone else I know for that.

That's it in a nutshell, and I am very retired from that way of life. ;)

David

life2thesequel 06-05-2003 05:23 PM

I was a guest of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Extradicted into Western KY... to the Paducah Hilton. (Mc Cracken County Jail). Tried in a DP case... Given LIFE and sent off to Petticoat Junction... A place actually called PeWee Valley (aka the Pelvic Valley) home to KY's only State Women's Prison. The irony of me being condemned to a place called PeWee Valley is only apparent if you've read Gulliver's Travels.

The conviction had been overturned and made new law concerning Prosecutorial Misconduct. The retrial was again to be heard by a DP qualified jury.

5 Years and 105 Days after it began the Commonwealth saw fit to let me go. Nothing about KY county jails, nor KY cases surprises me.
Oddly, I don't startle easily.

I'm one of the few lady veterans around here. Probably the only person you'll meet who's survived 2 DP prosecutions, or walked out of a LIFE sentence.

I'm here because I am an advocate for prisoner's rights, female offender programs, longterm offender programs and Access to Courts issues. (see the thread on KY's Resident Legal Aid Program --- I advocate IT too. http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...&threadid=9410

The INTRO post is on my profile now as a Homepage. It pays to know your audience.

What I can do here is listen, learn and find some use for some of that extraneous information and savvy that comes from having been called the defendant, the Lifer, the Legal Aid and of course, just my warm and fuzzy self.

FriscoLady 06-05-2003 06:31 PM

Once and unfortunately, a possible future guest of the fine Commonwealth of Virginia.

My future depends solely on the results of my appeal, facing the possibility of residing in Hotel Virginia until 08.

However, I am looking at life with a positive attitude and plan on being home in California alot sooner than 08.

What can I do here - mostly listen, I am blessed that I don't have much experience to rely on. I would really like to keep it that way!

But I can listen and at times offer my shoulder for some one to lean on.

Patti (FriscoLady)

KConnor56 06-06-2003 12:15 AM

I've done time in numerous Calif. prisons

B-Ray 06-06-2003 01:37 AM

S/O some 40 years removed. Conviced 1962, order clearing record 1968, Certificate of rehabilitation 1999. Waiting on governors pardon that will never happen. I've never been in prison, spent 2 1/2 yrs in a CA State Hospital, did 5 yrs probation in 3 yrs.

Here at PTO I do not feel I have any answers, but I "try" to give something to think about from a different prespective from what's posted, on many topic's and a laugh or two along the way.

I'm just a guy that has lived many years. Seen a lot, traveled some (5 countries), read and try to learn from creditable people in the professional world.

jasonr 06-06-2003 06:36 AM

Hmm..did most of my time in Santa Rosa in FL. Also beenin some juvie facilities in NY, Rikers island, Kew gardens detention center in queens ny and I am afraid a good possibility of being a future guest of the Florida DOC

tweetie123 06-06-2003 09:59 PM

I was Facing a Mandatory Minimum Sentence of 25 years, But Only By The Grace Of God I only Had to do One Year with 10 years Probation, and Once Again, Only By The Grace Of God, I completed 5 years of the Probation then went back in front of the Judge, and was Released From the other 5 years due to completion of everything and Good Behavior. And I give GOD ALL THE PRAISE AND GLORY!!! Oh Yeah, I am in Orlando Florida

JodyAnnShaw 06-10-2003 01:02 AM

As a teenager, I seen 'jail' several times, but never got in any major trouble.

In 1996 I was charged and convicted of B&E, 2nd degree burglary, conspriacy to commit armed robbery, and accessory after the fact of murder.
I pulled all my time in the state of NC, including the Iredell County Jail, NCCIW in Raleigh, and FCCW in Rocky Mount.

I've been out of prison since 11/98... but am still on paper.

Tracie 06-19-2003 05:20 PM

I served many short stay's as a juvenile, and too many to count in California's fine San Bernardino County Jail, I then eventually graduated to the Calif. State Penal System for Women, served a 9 yr. senrance only to get out and go right back in 3 mos. later, and so on and so on. Violation after violation until I grew up and figured out that who ever it was (I could'nt remember, too many drugs!) that told me prison was cool, LIED. Your not lame if you havent been to prison, so I thought, you were REALLY LAME if you went to prison. 2 years off parole now and holding strong!!!

itscindergirl 06-22-2003 11:30 PM

I spent a year in texas prison the hobby unit. I will be glad to help anyone that needs help with questions or what ever. It was graded the worst womens prison but I can't see that any of them are that great. Your freedom lost means it's lost don't matter where you are. Hobby has lock door policy that means your door opens every hour on the hour and you better be ready to get out or go in they don't wait. Some guards are easier than others and might let you in but not every time just depends on how there day has gone. It's not a place you want to go believe me so think hard on the choices you make and friends you keep it's your freedonm your playing with and theres nothing more precious than that. roberta

Kenneth Oneil - KO1 06-23-2003 11:58 AM

I've done two stints so I'm a two rodeo veteran and have permanently retired from the gulag system. Smile. First time down covered the early 90s and I was on Beto-1 and Brisco Unit in Texas. Second go round I did 8 flat and was recently released and did time on the Smith unit, Brisco again (!), and the Darrington Unit where I spent 6 of the 8 flat time down on the 12 for reataliation in ad. seg. confirmed a leader in the Aryan Brotherhood. I quit that ride some years back in case you don't already know or try to give me a hard time about it. Smile. All in all I have over 11 years done day for day in Texas Department of Criminal Justice. My advice to any of you is that if you don't reside in Texas stay away!!! This state is lock em' up happy. Keep the Faith!

capone 06-29-2003 12:32 PM

I did 3 bits in Ohio. The last one cost me nine years of my life, but it was the turning point for me. I got out in 98 and am off paper.
I did alot of rotten stuff in my life and had to pay the price for my actions. Some good came out of it and some bad too. I no longer have the ability to miss people in my life. Which is a major concern for me. But at the same time I know that no matter what I can make it on my own. :cuffs:

PixieQueen 06-29-2003 03:44 PM

I've only served house arrest time--is that relevent? First, and LAST felony convictions. (2 charges)--Helen

capone 06-30-2003 07:38 AM

A conviction is a conviction Pixie. I am also the black sheep of my family only because I got caught. I don't see family very much but I always hold my head up high.

justvicki 07-05-2003 01:32 AM

I was sentence to an indeterminate sentence of 3-30 years in West Virginia. I served four years on that sentence was was released on parole in February of this year. My finace is currently in San Quentin State Prison in California with a release date of August 2005.

I guess I could say I have the unique perspective of seeing both sides of the system.

I would be glad to answer any questions, and I am here to also offer my support.

Kaleilehua151 07-05-2003 06:03 AM

Hi I did a little 3 years 6 months at the Women's Correctional Community Center in Kailua, Hawaii. I got out in July 2000, Did 2 good years of parole and got released from state parole 5 years early, July 2002. My fiance just went back to prison. 3rd time for him. 1st time he did 4 years. 2nd, time he did 6 years. And now he's still on state parole and just picked up new Federal Charges. He's facing the 3 strikes law, So we don't know how much time hell do this trip.
Aloha, Kaleilehua

gailkurp 07-11-2003 06:13 AM

I served 5 months as a Federal inmate at the Geiger Corrections Center in Spokane, Washington, then followed with another 5 months home confinement. I'm currently under 5 years of supervised probation and trying to pay off my restitution so I can put this behind me.

My main reason for logging into this site is because I have a very close relationship with a man that has spent over 15 years in various prisons, just finished serving time for his 2nd strike, and is trying to get his life together now that he's out (10 months now). He is really struggling with missing his former partners and discovering who he is now that he's not living that life. He takes great pride in the fact that he's a "convict" and holds the fact that he's always gone down for his friends, never been a rat, and has always been a stand-up man within that community.

He has turned his life over to God and is working hard to live right, but I really want to know how to help him. I know that there would be some comfort for him in going back to prison because that is all he has ever known and most of his friends are there. I love him so much - I'm hoping someone within this group can help me understand him better and know how to give him the emotional support he needs to stay on track.

capone 07-16-2003 12:32 PM

All you can do is let him know that you are there for him. Wether he returns to prison is only something that he can decide. I did 9 years the last time and have been out almost five. Some people supported me emotionally but most just waited for my return to the system. I didn't return because I chose not too. It's just like someone with a substance abuse problem. The person has to want to stay on the outside, if they don't there isn't much you can do.

Wlcome and glad you found this site. It has helped me in the short time I've been here.

cddesign 07-18-2003 05:27 PM

I did my time in PA. DOC at SCI Greene. PA's version of maximum security. Charge was marijuana and I somehow remained misconduct free. I did 32 months. Actually I did 20 months inside and the last year in a half-way house. Still on paper and will be till the end of '09.

starnetsa 07-21-2003 06:48 PM

I spent 8.5 years in several women's Federal prisons. I started my time in FCI Lexington, KY and was sent to FPC Alderson, WV in route to Marianna Maximum for Women on a disciplinary action, where I spent 2+ years, my security level dropped so they sent me to FCI Pleasonton, CA and dropped some more where they sent me to FPC Bryan, TX. Was assigned to a work crew at FCI - Carswell, TX where we prepared the hospital for female medical inmates, and back to FPC - Bryan to attend the drug program to complete my sentence.

I spent 5 years on probation, which is now complete.

I was released in 1997, restructured my life again after losing the prime years of my life. I am now 37 years old, went in when I was 23 for dating a man who dealt cocaine. He served 14 years. Conspiracy charges, if anyone was convicted of conspiracy they know what that means.

It has been about 15 years since my arrest and my release was 6+ years ago. I am here to help.

I also need some guidance from anyone who has been out for a considerable amount of time. Want to know if there is anyone out there who shares the same issues as I do.

rtee 07-22-2003 04:31 AM

Started a destuctive lifestyle in the early 70's. Stealing, fighting, drugs and drinking. Stole a car and robbed a gas station. 2, 1-10 year sentence, or what they use to call, 1 to when. Got out didn't change a thing except learned to not trust anyone. Done more time in the 80's for drugs. I've seen 5 institutions and some 15 or so county jails. Knew the inmate who held the record in Indiana. In and out over 60 times. He's passed away some years ago, who cares, I did. Gave up my fast livin and got married. Not only am I happy, but i'm happy about it.

Do we know how many ex-inmates visit this site?

LilGirlInOrange 07-22-2003 04:45 AM

Me

My time started in the Sweetwater County Jail--within the year, I went to the Wyoming Girls School (Juvenile) and over the years continued to Community Alternative Center (CAC) in Casper, Wyoming--Natrona County Jail in Casper, Wyoming--Wyoming Womens Center--and from there was transferred to Central Oklahoma Correctional Facility (COCF) in Oklahoma. I'm 23 now and have been out and on my own for almost three years now. If anyone wants info on any of these places, just let me know.

B-Ray 07-22-2003 02:47 PM

~~~Do we know how many ex-inmates visit this site?~~~

Only if they tell us. Some will do so in different forums, in responce to a thread.

We hope, that many visit this site and gain some insight in staying out, as well as joining our ranks and sharing there insight of the DOC system(s) and problems living in a society that doesn't want them.

Ex-con's have a lot of valuable information in helping others and in that, put some purpose in there devastatingly ordeal.

B-Ray
PTO Moderator

cridge 07-26-2003 06:04 PM

I was convicted for growing marajuana, with the consipracy laws I was given 12.1/2 yrs, Fed prison,while other codefendents received 18 months or no charges. after 4 yrs and lots of work, my Lawyer was disbarred over my case and I received a sentence reduction of 73 months, I've been out a year, have 4 more yrs of paper, I am very angry with the justice system in this country, To have been incarcerated for something that, the government themselves do, is in my opinion outrageous, to have my life ruined because of a prosecutor that made me a target, and his career case is also outrageous, I lost all relationships with my son and grandchildren, because of the prosecutors harrassement, I lost every thing I had worked for all my life, and I'd worked all my life, a single mom, raised my son,ect. and had a nice little nest egg, for retirement, now I'm over 55 and have nothing, I have a corneal disease, that was not treated, and am disabled because of it, but I'm unable to get SS because they make you jusmp thru so many hoops and I'm only into the third hearing. I am lucky in some ways, and do receive a few benefits, but that is because they don't know I'm a felon. I met so many people in the system that were doing garcoian sentences, and many did not deserve what they were doing. there is something very wrong in our country, when the government can make a 52 billion dollar industry out of incarcerating people, AND it's getting worse instead of better, whats wrong with the poeple of this country, are they stupid or what, the government gets anything they want, and with hardly if not no opposition. I belong to 2 prison reform groups, and am very vocal when ever I'm given the chance ( like now) :) thank You