Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=605)
-   -   HDSP Mail Q/A (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629403)

traviesita 12-26-2012 03:38 PM

HDSP Mail Q/A

Anything regarding mail, mailing address, etc... should go here.

dianalance. 01-21-2013 06:21 PM

Can someone please help? About a month ago I sent my husband writing materials and till this day, he has not received anything! Is there an ext to call the mail room?

needmyotherhalf 01-22-2013 04:52 PM

Im having the same problem. The ext is 5823..

dianalance. 01-22-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by needmyotherhalf (Post 7056207)
Im having the same problem. The ext is 5823..

Thank you so much! I hope he gets his materials soon! I can't trust the mail room anymore! I will call the ext provided. Were they able to help you?

takoyaki 01-23-2013 03:12 PM

I've had no luck with the mail room personally. When I called I didn't want to out who my bf is in fear of retaliation. My boy hasn't been getting my mail and I haven't gotten a letter from him since December... And it was missing pages and had sticky coffee ? stains all over it.

Also, I always send photos with my letters and some of the um.. more naughtier ones haven't been given to him recently. It skeeves me out they're probably in the possession of a CO.

lovebugg86 01-23-2013 03:16 PM

does anyone know if chino's mail is backed up?

needmyotherhalf 01-23-2013 03:16 PM

They told me they are about 2 months behind because of the holidays. im trying to be patient. but this is nonsense. let me know what they told you?

dianalance. 01-23-2013 08:33 PM

I called High Desert today and i was told by the mail room that they are backed up due to short staff. Apparently they only have 3 workers sorting the mail and they cant handle all 8 yards. I was also told that they are ONLY backed up with books and writing materials. All the letters are up to date. I was told to call back in 3 weeks if my husband has not received his materials. I got some sort of relieve knowing this information.

holliberry 01-23-2013 09:20 PM

mailI have sent

I have sent m husband writing paper along with stamps and I mailed them off on the 7th of Jan and he got them already. And he is on C yard. Hope this helps.

PEKAS.WIFEY 01-28-2013 06:06 PM

my husband is on C yard. he has not recieved any of my letters since the end of december! this is rediculous! his writting papper hasnt got to him (which i sent in 2 diff) envelopes) <- neither of them have been received by him.
every letter i've been getting is him telling me he ain't got nothing from me. i feel so bad because i write to him a lot :(
i called today and they told me the same thing they told the other ladies here.. that from a staff of 9 they went to a staff of 3 so all packages and manilla envelopes are 2 months behind :\ althgough they said first class mail goes out everyday. my man still hasn't received nothing yet

natjoey1020 01-30-2013 12:43 PM

My man is waiting for writing material since the beginning of the month and is not able to send out our son's birthday card because he hasnt received his writing material. The mail room said they are back up 4-6 weeks :(

chased 01-30-2013 09:35 PM

Mine is on A yard and has not received any mail since the beginning of the year.
His letters are coming to me in 4 days.

mrs.purdue 02-01-2013 01:02 AM

I called the mailroom and got the same info that all of you got also. I sent my hubs a writing package back in the beginning of December and he still hasn't received it. His lawyer has sent him things and he isn't getting those either. I thought legal mail was supposed to be given to inmates straight off. He's got time sensitive material that needs to be signed. I write my hubs everyday, he sass he gets things randomly ... Sometimes he may get things only a week old then sometimes he'll get mall over a month old ... But he's getting my mail for sure. Just slowly. As for his mail to me, only 4 days old. Really frustrating about the whole I'm going mail process.

PEKAS.WIFEY 02-02-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chased (Post 7062555)
mine is on a yard and has not received any mail since the beginning of the year.
His letters are coming to me in 4 days.

same thing is hapening to my hubbs, hes in c yard

et&fg 02-07-2013 07:11 PM

Mail

Hey girls anymore news on mail? My man is in C yard and I have yet to hear a response from him and its been a month.. :(

mrs.purdue 02-07-2013 11:14 PM

I get at least 2 letters week from my husband and they are only a week old. So I don't think mail is going that slow coming out on B yard.

et&fg 02-08-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrs.purdue (Post 7068531)
I get at least 2 letters week from my husband and they are only a week old. So I don't think mail is going that slow coming out on B yard.

Is mail usually a problem at HDSP? cuse at the other prison i usually would get mail with in 2 weeks and now it's like sometimes i get mail from him more then a month later! :( he moved like December and I've only herd from him once so far.. Ugh I just really miss hearing from him!

marissaa 02-08-2013 01:34 PM

Hi Ladies.. I just found out my man got to high desert. Idk his housing info yet but I can still write him can't I .??

SoCalPuppyLove 02-08-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marissaa (Post 7068909)
Hi Ladies.. I just found out my man got to high desert. Idk his housing info yet but I can still write him can't I .??

You can call and ask his housing info. Call main line and listen for the extension
(530-251-5100 - press 1, then 2, then 1)
Hope this helps

et&fg 02-12-2013 04:41 PM

Should I start to worry? Still haven't gotten mail!! :(

dtrev12 02-12-2013 10:22 PM

Cast your care on Him for He cares for you 1 peter 5:7

Quote:

Originally Posted by et&fg (Post 7071627)
Should I start to worry? Still haven't gotten mail!! :(

I know what you are feeling and it doesn't feel good, but when you are weak that is when you find your strength in God. Stay strong, keep busy, and help others while you are waiting. You will get an answer soon.
Hope deferred makes a heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12:rolleyes:

et&fg 02-13-2013 12:50 AM

Thank u so much :).. I'm such a worry wort! Last letter I sent out took about a month for him to receive.. Is mail usually a problem here?

et&fg 02-13-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrev12 (Post 7071858)
I know what you are feeling and it doesn't feel good, but when you are weak that is when you find your strength in God. Stay strong, keep busy, and help others while you are waiting. You will get an answer soon.
Hope deferred makes a heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12:rolleyes:

Thank u so much :).. I'm such a worry wort! Last letter I sent out took about a month for him to receive.. Is mail usually a problem here?

dtrev12 02-14-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by et&fg (Post 7071954)

What I have read from others in regards to mail, yes there is a problem. I am new to HDS too, and it doesn't seem to run as efficient as other prisons from what I hear and experienced. Have you got yourself registered with global tele link so you can get phone calls? That is another way you can communicate. I am waiting too, you are not alone. Praying for you.

et&fg 02-14-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrev12 (Post 7072567)
What I have read from others in regards to mail, yes there is a problem. I am new to HDS too, and it doesn't seem to run as efficient as other prisons from what I hear and experienced. Have you got yourself registered with global tele link so you can get phone calls? That is another way you can communicate. I am waiting too, you are not alone. Praying for you.

I'm just so frustrated with this whole mail stuff!! Like I've sent multiple letters and no reply.. Only from one postcard! I haven't registered yet but I should soon! How often do u get mail? I called and c yard is on lockdown.. Is mail slower during lockdown?