Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=915)
-   -   How often do inmates go to commissary? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706266)

imissyou2332 10-01-2017 04:15 PM

How often do inmates go to commissary?

How often do the inmates go to commissary each month? Myself and my boyfriends sister have been putting money onto his account but he told us he can't access it til they allow his cell block to get commissary I guess they go in a certain order. He's been at the reception center for a few weeks now how does this work do they only get to access there money and buy from commissary once a month? How does it work? My boyfriend needs hygiene and food and he's been going without since he's been there now he has to wait til the end of the week to even access his money to buy commissary?

Friend in Jail 10-01-2017 06:15 PM

My friend is in reception right now too. I'd be interested to know as well. He's been there almost a week. How long did it take you to get a letter? Which reception center is he in?

imissyou2332 10-03-2017 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friend in Jail (Post 7666806)
My friend is in reception right now too. I'd be interested to know as well. He's been there almost a week. How long did it take you to get a letter? Which reception center is he in?

Reception and Medical Center in Lake Butler, FL and he wrote his Mom and I but he never heard back from us so he wrote again and I got the letter 3 days after he sent it out.

Where is your friend at?

Friend in Jail 10-03-2017 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imissyou2332 (Post 7667190)
Reception and Medical Center in Lake Butler, FL and he wrote his Mom and I but he never heard back from us so he wrote again and I got the letter 3 days after he sent it out.

Where is your friend at?

CFRC I got a letter yesterday that he wrote 9/27. I don't know if he's gotten any of my mail yet.

xolady 10-04-2017 08:57 AM

Reception is different then regular prison. I think they can only go once a week in reception. Prison I think its everyday during yard. But as we all know each prison is like it's own country!!!

mrs4lifey 10-04-2017 01:03 PM

Yeah each prison is different and a lot of them like to limit canteen just because they want to be nasty. It's such a shame but the guards are jealous when an inmate has money to shop. The prison my husband is at now rarely lets them go to canteen and when they go they only allow them to get 5 items. They are supposed to be allowed to spend $100 a week.

xolady 10-04-2017 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrs4lifey (Post 7667382)
Yeah each prison is different and a lot of them like to limit canteen just because they want to be nasty. It's such a shame but the guards are jealous when an inmate has money to shop. The prison my husband is at now rarely lets them go to canteen and when they go they only allow them to get 5 items. They are supposed to be allowed to spend $100 a week.

My husband was in Dade CI very ill and had hundreds of dollars and couldn't go to canteen. It's a nightmare is what it is.