Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=726)
-   -   I forgot to put the facility name in the mailing address (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705028)

Leahtaylor 08-11-2017 11:27 AM

I forgot to put the facility name in the mailing address

I put a card in the mail box before I realized that I didn't fill the address out correctly. I have my boyfriends name, inmate number and the PO Box on the envelope but I forgot to put the prison complex. Will they still deliver it to him or will it be sent back to me as undeliverable? He's in the Eyman SMU I unit, I don't know if that makes a difference. I'm hoping it's ok, his birthday is next week and I'd like for it to get to him on or before then. I'm going to try to catch the mail guy today before he takes everything so I can fix the address real quick but I don't know how much luck I'll have with that.

This is what I put on the envelope:
Inmate Name
ADC #
PO Box #
Florence, AZ 85132

EDYJO 08-11-2017 11:38 AM

Here in CA, .. they'll deliver it chica. It takes a little longer to deliver it without the housing unit but it's delivered, .. I suppose it's the same in AZ!! :)

Leahtaylor 08-11-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Js3005 (Post 7654734)
Here in CA, .. they'll deliver it chica. It takes a little longer to deliver it without the housing unit but it's delivered, .. I suppose it's the same in AZ!! :)

Thank you!😊 I've always addressed everything I've sent him the right way so I've never ran into a problem but the one time I rush and don't pay attention is when I mess it up. I was thinking they will probably still deliver it since the po box is on there but I wasn't sure.

EDYJO 08-11-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leahtaylor (Post 7654740)
Thank you![emoji4] I've always addressed everything I've sent him the right way so I've never ran into a problem but the one time I rush and don't pay attention is when I mess it up. I was thinking they will probably still deliver it since the po box is on there but I wasn't sure.

No problem chica, ..
ohh it's happened to me on multiple occasions. I try to send it right before they pick the mail i and sometimes I'm trying to write super quickly and forget, .. he still gets it though [emoji12] I'm sure you hunny will receive your birthday wishes!! Woot woot!

Shelby67 08-12-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leahtaylor (Post 7654730)
I put a card in the mail box before I realized that I didn't fill the address out correctly. I have my boyfriends name, inmate number and the PO Box on the envelope but I forgot to put the prison complex. Will they still deliver it to him or will it be sent back to me as undeliverable? He's in the Eyman SMU I unit, I don't know if that makes a difference. I'm hoping it's ok, his birthday is next week and I'd like for it to get to him on or before then. I'm going to try to catch the mail guy today before he takes everything so I can fix the address real quick but I don't know how much luck I'll have with that.

This is what I put on the envelope:
Inmate Name
ADC #
PO Box #
Florence, AZ 85132

Hi,
Mines in Eyman too. I once forgot the postcode and had the wrong inmate number and he got it. So I think yours should be OK.

IzzyLouWho 08-12-2017 11:48 AM

The PO box tells them what unit they are in. Each unit has a different PO Box

His_Queen13 08-12-2017 11:57 AM

I never put the name of the prison on my envelopes. Just:
Name
Bop #
Address
Never have a problem. The mailman definitely knows the address is a prison lol. I do it for all mail; cards, books, magazines.

Sylph 08-13-2017 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAmazingMrsB (Post 7654884)
The PO box tells them what unit they are in. Each unit has a different PO Box

You can send to the main Prison PO box too, it'll just take a little longer to get to the inmate that way.