Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1424)
-   -   More Info on Tablets in Colorado prisons (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701410)

nancyginnm 05-10-2017 08:32 PM

More Info on Tablets in Colorado prisons

I've heard good and bad about the tablets. A lot of facilities are experiencing connectivity issues. I think once they get all the kinks worked out, they will be awesome. Here is an article that was in the Denver Post about the tablets.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/09...-free-tablets/

MissStar 07-27-2017 09:06 PM

Thanks for posting! My inmate actually has a tablet... (he's in Delta). He said it works great, he enjoys listening to music and searching songs/bands that he wants. He says that he can make calls off of it, but it doesn't have the most amazing connection, and that there's usually a delay. But -- he's very grateful for the tablet. He says the music helps him stay focused on rehabilitation.

nancyginnm 07-27-2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissStar (Post 7651276)
Thanks for posting! My inmate actually has a tablet... (he's in Delta). He said it works great, he enjoys listening to music and searching songs/bands that he wants. He says that he can make calls off of it, but it doesn't have the most amazing connection, and that there's usually a delay. But -- he's very grateful for the tablet. He says the music helps him stay focused on rehabilitation.

My husband's facility STILL have not gotten theirs. There's a few facilities that haven't. I'm anxious to see how the phones work when he does get it.

HeartbrokeinCO 10-07-2017 02:10 PM

From the calls my son made to me on his they really suck. The phone quality is horrible and there was a huge delay in the call. My son also said that all the music is edited like for kid bob lol not that I am complaining about that. Now when my son calls he still uses the regular phones as the call quality is much better that way.

safran 10-07-2017 02:15 PM

Does anybody know what access to ebooks or audio books, if any, these have?

saoirse1 10-07-2017 02:19 PM

I will ask my loved one the next time I talk to him.

safran 10-07-2017 02:35 PM

Thanks, I am a reading junkie and am convinced the only reason I came home from prison 1/2 sane is because I spent so much time reading.

I still read 3-4 books a week too, but I did that even before my little run in with the FBI.

nancyginnm 10-07-2017 09:47 PM

My husband finally got his tablet. For the first few weeks, telephone reception was not good. They have updated their band width and now it is fine. He loves the music and I love the phone!

sshamir87 10-19-2017 04:25 PM

They are hit and miss. I have a friend in Delta and he gets my letters within 4-5 hours, the calls are clear with no issues. My fiancÚ is at Sterling and it had taken a week to get a letter so I just use Jpay, the calls lag so bad and are super static unless he's right up against the door. CSP just got them and they suck too.. Hopefully with some time calls and letters will get better I understand they are fairly new and everyone is using them like crazy but its just very frustrating sometimes.
<3 Sarah

nancyginnm 10-19-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sshamir87 (Post 7671417)
They are hit and miss. I have a friend in Delta and he gets my letters within 4-5 hours, the calls are clear with no issues. My fiancÚ is at Sterling and it had taken a week to get a letter so I just use Jpay, the calls lag so bad and are super static unless he's right up against the door. CSP just got them and they suck too.. Hopefully with some time calls and letters will get better I understand they are fairly new and everyone is using them like crazy but its just very frustrating sometimes.
<3 Sarah

Messages take longer to get to Sterling because it is a high-level facility. It is also in a very rule area therefore the bandwidth isn't the greatest.

saoirse1 10-29-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by safran (Post 7668240)
Does anybody know what access to ebooks or audio books, if any, these have?

I asked him yesterday and there is no access to ebooks and a VERY limited selection of audio books. The buffering makes it not much fum to listen the the audio books even if they had a decent selection which they don't have at this time.