Prison Talk

Prison Talk (
-   Prison & Criminal Legal Help! (
-   -   Help! I need to get my husband out. :-) (

BRANDIEMARIE 01-19-2005 09:54 PM

Help! I need to get my husband out. :-)
I am seeking legal advise to get my husband out of prison. I will probably need a pro bono attorney. I need all the advise I can get on getting him out.

Justice4Alexa 01-19-2005 09:59 PM

Umm it has been a while for me. I am alittle rusty but get into yahoo groups. Projectgrasp w/Rex is a good one. He can help yu figure out what you can do with your husbands case. There are other groups there too with lots of people with the experience that you need to get your answers. Good luck to you. we had one hell of a fight I hope that you find peace in yours. Love ya Angie

taneciao 01-31-2005 05:57 PM

The pro bono attorney should help but I had to get my husband a regular attorney and that was expensive but it worked out for the better because she worked many hours to get my husband the best sentence available and she got his sentence lowered tp two years instead of four years. But try it out first and then decide maybe you can get family members to help you out with attorney fees.

Alynn528 01-31-2005 06:30 PM

I need to get my hubby out too :( but I don't know what to tell ya. I hope ya find all the info and advice that you are looking for so you can get your husband back home!

ugga bugga 02-07-2005 03:12 AM

We are in the same boat, but my husband has already been sentenced and it's been a while he's been in calip. everyone tells me I can do something about our case since I'm his wife, but where do I start?? I don't know a thing about the legal system. Who do I write or contact. My Papi got too much time for something so minor. I'm raising our son I barely have $ to pay the rent, how am I supposed to pay for a lawyer? C'mon?? Give me a break!

Doc's Sis 02-07-2005 06:24 AM

Are there no attorneys in your area that would be able to be of help? Many of them will give you a free interview and could then tell you if you have a good case. If so, maybe an attorney would then sue the state for the excessive sentence and ask for a sum of money - and a good percentage of it would go to the attorney, of course. So who cares if he gets 30% or more if he can be of help..... Do an internet search. Get on the phone and call every attorney in your yellow pages. If they can't help you, they may be able to lead you in the right direction.

juliwaits 02-07-2005 06:37 AM

:-) We all need to get our husbands out! When they first go in, it seems we try all we can, we think we can get them out. We don't sleep, we need to be fighting, calling someone, writing letters... But the DOC shows their tight rein and their power trip, and you fight and you fight and you look back and you've not really accomplished anything, so you go from fighting to waiting. An Attorney is a must, but unless you get a miracle, you'll have to pay.. There's not a lot of sympathy out there for inmates.

Good luck hon. We're all here with you.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online