Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost in the System (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   LA County, put in hole for assisting an officer, now I can't find him (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701415)

FernandezM 05-11-2017 02:17 AM

LA County, put in hole for assisting an officer, now I can't find him
 
My boyfriend had court on March 29, 2017. I was told he was detained that same day. Later I was told that he assisted an officer which I'm not quite sure what that means. So, ever since he was put in the hole.. The thing is I can't find any information on what's his location. I've tried looking online and doesn't come up I've called and they just don't have any information. Does anyone know what I can do to find out his location. Thank you any suggestion is well appreciated

fbopnomore 05-11-2017 06:49 AM

Welcome to Prison Talk. He may be being kept safe somewhere "off the books" as sometimes happens in protective custody situations to avoid retaliation. Usually the inmate has to provide any details to their loved ones in letters or in an occasional phone call. If the situation is serious enough, he may be moved to a different prison.

missingdee 05-11-2017 12:23 PM

Unfortunately, you're probably not going to get that information.

I'm not sure exactly what "Assisting an Officer" means, but based on all these factors, it sounds like he gave information to help with another case or, alternatively, ratted out his co-defendants.

It's possible that he's not even in L.A. County for safety reasons. Think of it like the jail equivalent of witness protection. If there is a concern for his safety, if he's given information in a very important case, they may have moved him to another county facility (such as Ventura or San Bernardino) or to a Federal facility (there is a Federal lockup downtown and a regular prison at Terminal Island.)

But where is he? Chances are good that you're not going to find out and that he's not going to be allowed to tell you.

I don't know what the situation is or what he did or what he knows, but consider this for a moment. Let's say he's agreed to testify or has information about a high-level crime or a syndicate or the Cartel or something and they potentially would do him harm.

If they've figured out who you are, and they see you drive to a facility to visit him, they then know where he's located.

Knowing where he's located could be enough for them to figure out where he's housed and do him harm.

I'm not saying you are necessarily in any danger, just sort of trying to explain why they would want to keep him isolated for his safety and what COULD happen if the details of where he is housed gets out.

I am sorry that you are going through this. Unfortunately, the best answer any of us can really give you right now is....be patient.

I hope you hear something soon.

-E

FernandezM 05-11-2017 12:35 PM

All I know is he went to court for a dui so I'm confused to what it is that happened.. I haven't spoken to him I know this information because the public attorney told his aunt but not even his aunt has spoken to him..

missingdee 05-11-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FernandezM (Post 7628277)
All I know is he went to court for a dui so I'm confused to what it is that happened.. I haven't spoken to him I know this information because the public attorney told his aunt but not even his aunt has spoken to him..

Are you sure the only thing he went to court for was a DUI?

Something doesn't quite add up with that.

When is the last time anyone heard from him?

FernandezM 05-11-2017 01:03 PM

From what I know that's all he went for at court he assisted an officer.. this was told to his aunt by the public attorney he was then put in the hole after the assist... she told me the public attorney didn't know his where abouts and was trying to figure out where he was located. I spoke to the aunt the 25th of April and said he was getting transferred to county on the 1st of May which is what the public attorney told her.. but I've checked online I've called and there's no info on him

miamac 05-11-2017 01:10 PM

Something isn't right. He may have been picked up/charged with a DUI, but after that it went another direction. Is there any possibility he had outstanding warrants? Does he have any ties to gang activity? Could something have been discovered in the vehicle at impound? No need to answer those in a public forum, but something to consider.

FernandezM 05-11-2017 01:16 PM

I could only think of one thing he may have had with him. :\

miamac 05-11-2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FernandezM (Post 7628299)
I could only think of one thing he may have had with him. :\

Hopefully he drops you a line soon. If he's being moved or in the hole, it might be hard for him to get his hands on writing material. Hang tight and hopefully aunty stays in touch with his PD.

FernandezM 05-11-2017 06:31 PM

Thanks so much I hope so too :/

Jelly_Belly 05-13-2017 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missingdee (Post 7628268)
I'm not sure exactly what "Assisting an Officer" means, but based on all these factors, it sounds like he gave information to help with another case or, alternatively, ratted out his co-defendants

Or he might have prevented a CO from being raped by another inmate. OR he might have prevented a CO from being assaulted. Or he may have performed CPR on a CO that was having a heart attack. Or, or, or .... I can think of many reasons why an inmate would be isolated that have nothing whatsoever to do with that inmate being an informant.

OnlyInTexas 05-13-2017 08:20 AM

Are you sure they said assist and not assult?

Marseille 05-13-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnlyInTexas (Post 7628789)
Are you sure they said assist and not assult?

Or perhaps "resist"?

CenTexLyn 05-13-2017 03:15 PM

Concur with the two posts above mine...this could easily be a situation of resisting (ie. jerking away from the escort officer) or assaulting an officer (runs the gamut of possibilities).

If it was actually something where assistance was offered in a manner that places his own safety at risk in the general population, then the agency will likely have sought to move him out of public view, to include online searches.

missingdee 05-15-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelly_Belly (Post 7628775)
Or he might have prevented a CO from being raped by another inmate. OR he might have prevented a CO from being assaulted. Or he may have performed CPR on a CO that was having a heart attack. Or, or, or .... I can think of many reasons why an inmate would be isolated that have nothing whatsoever to do with that inmate being an informant.

Those are possible. But would they result in the inmate not being allowed to contact family or not appearing in the system?

Papas Luv 06-16-2017 01:45 AM

LA County is not a prison, its the men's central jail. the same facility Sheriff Lee Baca was just found guilty of beating and hiding an inmate and changing his name so he could not be found.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbopnomore (Post 7628178)
Welcome to Prison Talk. He may be being kept safe somewhere "off the books" as sometimes happens in protective custody situations to avoid retaliation. Usually the inmate has to provide any details to their loved ones in letters or in an occasional phone call. If the situation is serious enough, he may be moved to a different prison.


Papas Luv 06-16-2017 01:48 AM

Did you ever find out where your boyfriend was. I would reach out to his lawyer who handled his case, or the DA's office and explain the situation. Let them know that you do not know where he is, and because of the prior issues of inmates being hidden intentionally, can they please at least get clarification to where he is located. In LA County jail, even if he was detained for resisting arrest, and you called the locator, they would tell you where he house and tell you that's all they can say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FernandezM (Post 7628139)
My boyfriend had court on March 29, 2017. I was told he was detained that same day. Later I was told that he assisted an officer which I'm not quite sure what that means. So, ever since he was put in the hole.. The thing is I can't find any information on what's his location. I've tried looking online and doesn't come up I've called and they just don't have any information. Does anyone know what I can do to find out his location. Thank you any suggestion is well appreciated



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online