Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=917)
-   -   PSVP Sending Packages/Money/Books/Mags Info Thread (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629568)

traviesita 12-26-2012 11:12 PM

PSVP Sending Packages/Money/Books/Mags Info Thread

Please use this thread for any & all questions regarding quarterly packages, sending $, Magazines, Books....etc!

passionfruit 01-03-2013 12:03 PM

Hello

How can I get info on how and when to send quarterly pkgs ? Where is this prison located??? I've never heard of it... Thanks...

Happy New Year

MRSCLARK82702 01-03-2013 01:19 PM

PLEASANT VALLEY IS IN COALINGA :thumbsup: I ALWAYS USED ACESS SECURE PACK I BELIEVE AND YOU CAN EITHER HAVE HIM SEND YOU A LIST OF THINGS HE WANTS I ALWAYS HAD MY HUSBAND JUST SEND ME THE ORDER FORM AND I WOULD ORDER OFF THAT :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by passionfruit (Post 7041333)
Hello

How can I get info on how and when to send quarterly pkgs ? Where is this prison located??? I've never heard of it... Thanks...

Happy New Year

passionfruit 01-03-2013 02:28 PM

Great!! Thank you!!! :-)

passionfruit 01-04-2013 04:32 PM

Hi again...

When I send regular mail....should I send to the p.o.address with his name and .cdc number? Please see below...would this work? Thanks

Pleasant valley state prison
Bob Stewart cdcc#12345
Po box etc??? Thanks..

MRSCLARK82702 01-04-2013 04:43 PM

LOOKS GOOD! :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by passionfruit (Post 7042358)
Hi again...

When I send regular mail....should I send to the p.o.address with his name and .cdc number? Please see below...would this work? Thanks

Pleasant valley state prison
Bob Stewart cdcc#12345
Po box etc??? Thanks..

passionfruit 01-04-2013 06:38 PM

Great. THANKS again Mrsclark...

Nica 01-07-2013 11:55 AM

Current list

Hi Dboysgirl and ladies...this is a list of current approved vendors I have used, it is current as of 3/2011...I hope this helps.

Access Securepak www.californiaqp.com
Sparks, NV (800) 546-6283

Packages R Us www.packagesrus.com
West Covina, CA (866) 303-7787

Union Supply Direct www.CaliforniaInmatePackage.com
Rancho Dominguez, Ca (866) 404-8989

Walkenhorst's https://walkenhorsts.com
Napa, Ca (800) 660-9255

We personally go back and forth with Access Securepak and Walkenhorst's.

I recently used Union Supply (12/12) to send him a portable radio.

passionfruit 01-07-2013 10:47 PM

Thanks Nica !!!!!

dboysgirl 01-08-2013 09:12 PM

Books

Can we send books through Amazon and Barnes & Noble? Also, how many books are they allowed to receive at a time?

Nica 01-08-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dboysgirl (Post 7045739)
Can we send books through Amazon and Barnes & Noble? Also, how many books are they allowed to receive at a time?

Yes you can as long as they are sent directly from the vendor. They cannot be hardback only paperback (from previous experience, the previous facility my Baby was at, they ripped the hardcover and just gave him the book :/) They are allowed up to 10 books on there property. If he has more than he will be asked to send some home or donate them. For personal reasons I find Amazon the cheapest.;)

dboysgirl 01-09-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nica27 (Post 7045764)
Yes you can as long as they are sent directly from the vendor. They cannot be hardback only paperback (from previous experience, the previous facility my Baby was at, they ripped the hardcover and just gave him the book :/) They are allowed up to 10 books on there property. If he has more than he will be asked to send some home or donate them. For personal reasons I find Amazon the cheapest.;)

Thank you! My guy LOVES to read, helps pass the time...

passionfruit 01-09-2013 12:41 PM

Hi...

Does anyone know if mail sent to SQ will follow and inmate to there new location? Thanks

Mz*DlOc 01-09-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by passionfruit
Hi...

Does anyone know if mail sent to SQ will follow and inmate to there new location? Thanks

Yea the mail will follow.. May take a lil bit longer, but it will find him!!

passionfruit 01-09-2013 12:52 PM

Thanks mz*do..I had mailed some stamps before he was transferred ...thank you!!!

passionfruit 01-09-2013 10:21 PM

I got a letter today... Thanks everyone.

Nica 01-09-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by passionfruit (Post 7046552)
I got a letter today... Thanks everyone.

:dance::mail:....Thats GREAT!!! :thumbsup:

Shereez 01-22-2013 03:59 AM

Hello Ladies,
I have a question. To send money order to inmate, do I send in same envelope as letter or is the a separate place I send it to. Is this how everyone sends money these days? It's been a long time since I have done all this and I have been reading that you can do it online also. Any of you use that route of sending money.

Nica 01-22-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shereez (Post 7055804)
Hello Ladies,
I have a question. To send money order to inmate, do I send in same envelope as letter or is the a separate place I send it to. Is this how everyone sends money these days? It's been a long time since I have done all this and I have been reading that you can do it online also. Any of you use that route of sending money.

JPay.com - Inmate lookup, send money, Department of Corrections

This is who I use, the fees went up 30 days ago. They are reliable I've never had any issues with them. I put money on a Monday and he had it Thursday. I have only used them to send money. You need to register, check out the website.

As far as sending a MO you can send it in the same letter, the clerk will remove it and send it to accounting. Make sure you put his name and cdc# on the MO. If he owes restitution they will keep 55% of the money you send, regardless of the method you use.

Shereez 01-22-2013 01:44 PM

Jpay doesn't sound too bad. I think I will go that route. Thanks Nica :)

Shereez 03-05-2013 11:45 PM

My Aunt's bro-in-law has recently went to prison. They want to send him a package soon. He mentioned to them about access secure, but I recall reading that credit card info has been stolen from that company. Has anyone used it recently? Or what other companies have you used? Thanks

Nica 03-06-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shereez (Post 7087454)
My Aunt's bro-in-law has recently went to prison. They want to send him a package soon. He mentioned to them about access secure, but I recall reading that credit card info has been stolen from that company. Has anyone used it recently? Or what other companies have you used? Thanks

I have not used Access Securepak, since I received a letter stating they had been compromised. I like and recently used Walkenhorst.

passionfruit 03-11-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shereez

Hello I know this is a late response...I have used access and it worked out fine...a lot of good prices too...

Shereez 03-21-2013 04:42 PM

Number to R&R

Any one know number to or ext to R&R? My babe says his ex-cellys pkg has been there for days, and wants me to call about it.

Nica 03-21-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shereez (Post 7100565)
Any one know number to or ext to R&R? My babe says his ex-cellys pkg has been there for days, and wants me to call about it.

The extension is 5042.

Packages I believe are passed out on Mon/Tues/Sat.

When there on LD or on modified program, packages are not passed out.