Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Michigan Region I - West Prisons and Camps (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=620)
-   -   Car Pooling to Region I West Prisons (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175885)

mrsdragoness 01-21-2006 04:28 AM

Car Pooling to Region I West Prisons

I am a work in progress ;) Please be patient!

Please post the following information.

Starting Point
Destination (prison)
Route
Pertinent information such as days you visit, how long, do you have a vehicle or are you looking for a ride with someone, etc.

wirulookin 01-21-2006 03:20 PM

Pugsley

:idea: Ok, sometimes I have a ride (I'm in Kalkaska) sometimes I need one, so either way get ahold of me and we can :D disscuss what can happen... I would be happy to help anyone, but the vehicle that I use is a company vehicle, so it can't be out of my way... or too far.:( .. would be happy to hear from someone... I would like to go visit the old man here pretty soon so get a hold of me... Hope to hear from you guys soon. take care and I pray for all your incarcerated loved ones..!!! :thumbsup:

jp2 01-21-2006 07:49 PM

anyone going to camp manistique??? I'm coming from the lakeview area and going up to camp manisique next weekend me and our baby..

KarrieMI 01-31-2006 02:50 PM

Ojibway? Bound?

Hi I'm thinking about doing a trip in June or July for a week or so to Ojibway if anyone is thinking about going and might be interested?

KarrieMI:thumbsup:

ladyd 02-01-2006 01:46 PM

Hi I am coming fom michigan and me and my daughter is trying to get to camp kitwen

blkennedy2002 02-01-2006 05:16 PM

Going to MI Ojibway prison from St.Paul Minnesota on Feb. 13th to pick up my ex & father of my daughter if anyone is wanting to ride with to share expenses we will probably stay for a couple of hours in town once we get there! I am hoping he will be home for the 13th!! Let me know!!!:o

CLAYSBABY 02-03-2006 01:26 PM

Anyone Interested In Going To Camp Ottawa For A Weekend?

NovasGirl 02-10-2006 10:08 PM

Planning a trip to Ojibway from Detroit

I plan on going to Ojibway over the weekend of the 19th.I plan on leaving maybe on Saturday the 18th and visit on the 19th,staying in a room and heading home on the 20th. Anyone intersted please let me know. Never been there before, directions would be nice also. I can always use a shortcut, Lord knows Mapquest has done me wrong before.:thumbsup:

Stephanie_gr85 03-21-2006 04:23 PM

HI i'm looking to car pool with someone, i stay in the Grand rapids Area and i'm going to Camp Manistique. If anyone could help i would Love it!! Thank you

CLAYSBABY 04-05-2006 06:51 PM

Trip to Camp Ottawa

Good evening everyone, Mother's Day weekend is a very good weekend to visit loved ones, especially if you are a wife, mother, or girlfriend of an inmate. With enough replies, we can all go up and visit for 2 days...most of us will have to be back by Monday for work, including me:( :) It takes around 9 hours to get there, visiting hours are 8:30-2:30, we'll visit all day both days and still be able to get back in time to get a few hours of rest for the beginning of the work week. I'm not sure of the pricing yet, the more people, the less it'll cost. Usually we get there around 2-3am, sleep for a bit, and get up and get started maybe about 10 miles away to the camp... snacks will be on the van also, and we'll stop a time or two to grab a bite to eat. The rooms will be divided into 4's. If you are uncomfortable with that many people, it's fine, but the rooms cost 100 bucks a night,(american inn, and it's sad to say, but they do not pro-rate, so, even if we get there at 3am, we still get charged a whole night) I've traveled there with a few people, and it was a bit costly, with the economy and all, it's very hard to go so far away because of the funds...if anyone is interested in going, or knows of someone who is, just let me know. (it doesn't have to be mother's day weekend, it can be any weekend) Thanking you in advance, have a great day!

lovely541 04-16-2006 12:14 PM

Hi, I am from Greenville, and would be traveling to Ojibway. Would like to carpool to save money if anyone is interested please let me know. I have researched saving plans for hotels and such, even packing a cooler for food. Anytime is great get a hold of me.

Thanks
Heather

jayzmen 06-25-2006 07:17 PM

Anyone interested in carpooling to Ojibway, Im looking for someone to carpool with in the near future

liltexas 06-25-2006 09:28 PM

HI i am in San Antonio Texas looking for a ride to go to Huntsville or Cotulla prison please send me a message

lovely541 07-19-2006 07:15 PM

Hi my man just relocated to Camp Ottawa if anyone is going that way soon could you please PM me with info. Also anyone have someone going before the board soon..do you know what the release rate is????Thanks to all.
Heather

rose1210 07-25-2006 12:30 PM

I am looking for anyone who goes up to Marquette. I live in Royal Oak, and have a nine month old son that has never met his father, and we were just approved last week! I do not have a car, but I do have a license and would be willing to share driving responsibilites and money for gas. If anyone is interested please reply or PM me. Thanks!

melissawyne 07-31-2006 06:27 PM

I have a friend who's boyfriend just got transferd to Camp Kitwen. She lives in Macomb Co. She's looking for someone to ride with her on those long trips up to the u.p.

Annette050305 09-12-2006 07:20 PM

Camp Ottawa

I am driving this weekend. Let me know if you want to go!

129Wifey 10-05-2006 12:48 PM

Looking to carpool to Baraga. Anyone going? Or have any suggestions on charters/bus rides? I'll pay for gas.

Annette050305 10-08-2006 07:05 PM

I am driving this weekend to Camp Ottawa. Anyone up for a ride. Let me know if you want to go. I am leaving Friday afternoon and coming back on Sunday. 1/2 gas and 1/2 of a $45.00 room or you can get your own. PM if you are interested.

debbee214 12-02-2006 08:45 PM

my love was recently transferred to ojibway, and i'd love to visit him.
if anyone is planning a trip to that area i'd be interested.
debbee

michigangirl69 04-17-2007 03:25 PM

I live in Wyoming( suburb of Grand Rapids) and a friennd that her man is in Marquette level 1 with my hubby rides up with me,We go only on weekends( usually sat).I have a small 4 door car, and if my 14 year goes there is room for 1 to 2 more ppl.If anyone needs / wants to ride to Marquette for level 1 visiting and live in the Grand Rapids area and can help pay for gas give me a holla .I go at least once a month

Melindaknapp 05-13-2007 06:46 PM

Anyone want to plan a trip to camp Ottawa?? I am close to the MIchigan Indiana border. Maybe over the memoral day weekend???

michigangirl69 06-29-2007 08:19 AM

Starting point: Charlotte MI, ( could get near Lansing at bus station more than likely)
Ending point Marquette,mI

Willing to help pay gas,hotel etc ... whatever.. heres my dilema

Okay here's the pits.. My hubby is in Marquette.I was living in Wyoming ,mI.My tranny goes out on my car( not worth fixing) and then 4 days later I get laid off. So I havent seen my man since Easter weekend.I have been staying up in Grayling , looking for work to no avail with my best friend.But I called my brother and I will be leaving tomorrow or sunday to go and stay with him and his family until I can find work and save some money to get my own place...in Charlotte.So if anyoneknows anyone that goes that way or if you may going that way please holler at me... I'd love to go along...

MG

IvyPeterson 06-30-2007 09:24 AM

I go to Marquette, but I leave from the Chicago area and I drive up through Wisconsin. I'm sorry. I hope you find a way.

michigangirl69 07-03-2007 08:32 AM

Thanks Ivy... I was living in nearthe Oklahoma border for a few years and I use to go up through Wisconsin too.. Have a safe trip when you go.Is your man level 1 or higher? mine is level 1 so I hate the 3 hour visits but its worth it to see him..