Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1072)
-   -   2013-2014 LAC Visitation & Dress Code Thread (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628493)

traviesita 12-14-2012 12:30 PM

2013-2014 LAC Visitation & Dress Code Thread

If itís about visiting, dress code or visiting approval it goes here.
This thread is for INFO, Q&A ONLY.

Bobbie_Wifey 01-07-2013 12:22 AM

Question what's the dress code like? And does anyone have visited a loved one in the D yard? What was the process like? Thanks. :)

calicat25 01-07-2013 07:35 PM

My LO is on D yard and saw him this past weekend. Processing was very easy compared to his last place. As for dress code they seem pretty strict. He made a few of us change and I didn't see anything wrong with my shirt but I just smile and change. He was at least nice about it��

Bobbie_Wifey 01-08-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calicat25 (Post 7044816)
My LO is on D yard and saw him this past weekend. Processing was very easy compared to his last place. As for dress code they seem pretty strict. He made a few of us change and I didn't see anything wrong with my shirt but I just smile and change. He was at least nice about it��

Is there certain colors that I have to look out for?

tbrent75 01-09-2013 11:28 PM

My husband is on D yard too. Is there overcrowding in the visiting room for that yard? I will be driving from sacramento and i dont want a short visit.

Lilypad 01-15-2013 10:51 PM

Hi all :) not a reply but a question, so sorry I couldn't figure out how to ask a question without "replying" :(

I will be visiting my best friend the weekend of 9 and 10 February and would very much appreciate info on how to dress i.e. sport bra vs underwire, color of clothing allowed and if any stuff like earrings, rings or necklaces are bad.

I also need help about how much money I can bring in, I think coins are best no?, if we can get our picture taken and anything else you can help me with.

I've been a lurker for a long time, my appologies for not joining in until I needed help. I will be here from now on, vocal and hopefully helpful.

I must ask one last question, I am flying in from Texas to see my best friend that I haven't seen in close to 4 years. Does anyone know if coming in from over 1500 miles away gives us some extra time like the Friday before the Sat/Sun normal visiting hours?

Thank you so much for any info you can give me and if anyone that's visiting the weekend I'll be there would like to meet up, I'd love it!

thiscrazylove 01-16-2013 06:10 PM

There are no Friday visits at LAC.
They will let u stay all day though both days (sat & sun) but u want to get earliest appt. if u don't have an appt you need to arrive EARLY- like 5 am if u want to get in as early as possible.
As for dress code- no blue, no blue jeans, no see-thru, no tank tops, non-underwire bra or sports bra- just NO WIRE. Bring extra clothes and keep in car just incase. Best colors- black, red, pink, orange, yellow, purple. No stretch pants or clothing that is too tight. No flip flops. Visiting is 8-3. Try to make an appt- create an account on VPASS- if there is no appt available, check again at different times because some people will cancel if they know they can't make it that day.

thiscrazylove 01-16-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilypad
Hi all :) not a reply but a question, so sorry I couldn't figure out how to ask a question without "replying" :(

I will be visiting my best friend the weekend of 9 and 10 February and would very much appreciate info on how to dress i.e. sport bra vs underwire, color of clothing allowed and if any stuff like earrings, rings or necklaces are bad.

I also need help about how much money I can bring in, I think coins are best no?, if we can get our picture taken and anything else you can help me with.

I've been a lurker for a long time, my appologies for not joining in until I needed help. I will be here from now on, vocal and hopefully helpful.

I must ask one last question, I am flying in from Texas to see my best friend that I haven't seen in close to 4 years. Does anyone know if coming in from over 1500 miles away gives us some extra time like the Friday before the Sat/Sun normal visiting hours?

Thank you so much for any info you can give me and if anyone that's visiting the weekend I'll be there would like to meet up, I'd love it!

You can take $50 in. I take about $40 in dollar bills and $10 in quarters. There are no change machines. If you want to buy picture coupons they are $2 each- machines are in visiting lobby where you get processed, machines ONLY take quarters!
You can wear rings, necklaces, earrings but if they beep in metal detector u must take them off. I'm not sure about piercings other than ear. But u can't beep in metal detector.
I hope that helps! Good luck!

Lilypad 01-19-2013 07:46 PM

Thank you so much!

@thiscrazylove,

Thank you so much! I can't begin to tell you how helpful your answers to my newbie questions have been!

I have another ignorant question if I may, I do have a VPass account but can't figure out how to ask for an appointment. Can you help me yet again?

You've been awesome and it would be lovely to meet you if you will be there that weekend. I hope I'm not pushing too much but if you are there, please think about it:)

thiscrazylove 01-20-2013 12:33 PM

Your welcome- that's what this forum is for and I was new to LAC not to long ago and thankful for the help too.
When u log into you account, on the left side of the page, there should be a link that says "create appointment". Click that and it will take u to a new page where u use a drop down bar to pick the date and inmates CDC number. Then click the button at bottom that says something like "look for appt"- it will come back with times that are available and u pick one. Then u confirm and u are good to go. If you still have questions just ask.
Not sure if I will be there that weekend but if so I'd love to say hello! What yard will you be visiting?

Lilypad 01-26-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thiscrazylove (Post 7054533)
Your welcome- that's what this forum is for and I was new to LAC not to long ago and thankful for the help too.
When u log into you account, on the left side of the page, there should be a link that says "create appointment". Click that and it will take u to a new page where u use a drop down bar to pick the date and inmates CDC number. Then click the button at bottom that says something like "look for appt"- it will come back with times that are available and u pick one. Then u confirm and u are good to go. If you still have questions just ask.
Not sure if I will be there that weekend but if so I'd love to say hello! What yard will you be visiting?

Thanks so much, I'll try it thiscrazylove and to all I'll be visiting C yard. Will anyone else be visiting that weekend? It would be great to meet even just to say hello.

@thiscrazylove thank you yet again! :)

SANDRA H 01-30-2013 01:39 PM

Question Ladys... How do I make the visting appointment for some one in ASU "The Hole" ??

maggie5john 01-30-2013 02:37 PM

I have a question about the vpass. I sent my visitor form about 4 weeks ago I still haven't gotten the approval never been arrested or anything like that . If I create a vpass account will it let me make an appointment if I'm not approved yet?

SANDRA H 01-30-2013 02:39 PM

Maggie...I think it will let you. I tried it when my husband was in GP. and it let me before i was approved. Still not approved. :(

maggie5john 01-30-2013 10:16 PM

Oh ok. I'll wait till I'm approved then. How long have you been waiting to get approved?

SANDRA H 02-01-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggie5john (Post 7062586)
Oh ok. I'll wait till I'm approved then. How long have you been waiting to get approved?

girl if you have a clean record it should be like 3 to 4 weeks max for you to get approved but i have issues because of my prison history. But good luck to youu :) ps if i were you id make the appointment they go on monday at 7am fast i used to make them for my friend. you could make them two weeks in advance

Lilypad 02-03-2013 09:09 PM

Ihad the same question as maggie5john but with a slight twist. I was approved at a previous facility but had to re-apply for LAC. I was approved a month ago but my best friend was never informed that I was approved, two months after I sent the form in. . .again :)

He finally got the prison counselor to ask for him and lo and behold was told I was approved.

I would suggest you ask your man to go to the counselor and ask for help about this because as SandraH said, if you have no record it should be fairly quick.

Good luck! :)

SANDRA H 02-05-2013 12:22 AM

Bottom line their the ones who have to follow up if your approved. The prison is not going to go out of their way to let you know if your approved. I remember my brother had sent in a request to the visiting dept at calipatria to see who was on his visiting. Thats how he knew who wasent approved. Good luck to all the ladys including me. I hope to see you all at visit soon!!! Thanks lilypad.

sarabeth720 02-05-2013 06:51 PM

Hey girls, so my man just finished a 9 month SHU at Chino and is currently en route to Lancaster. Does anyone know if they are confined to quarters for 10 days like they are everywhere else when getting to a new facility? Also, what is visiting like? Are they super strict on what you can/can't wear? Are skinny jeans ok? What about the clasps on back of bras? Do those normally set it off at LAC? They did at Chino, but not at Norco...so I guess everywhere is different. Hell, when we were at Norco, they let you wear pretty much whatever you wanted! I also read you can't wear flip flops, is that true? So no sandals, like Reef brand? Or what constitues as a flip flop? I've never visited anywhere you can't wear flip flops so that's a new one for me! I'm sure I'll have more questions eventually, but thanks for your help in advance. I've been doing this for over 2 years now and EVERY SINGLE PLACE is different. Seriously drives me crazy!! Thanks again!! xO

tbrent75 02-05-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarabeth720 (Post 7066909)
Hey girls, so my man just finished a 9 month SHU at Chino and is currently en route to Lancaster. Does anyone know if they are confined to quarters for 10 days like they are everywhere else when getting to a new facility? Also, what is visiting like? Are they super strict on what you can/can't wear? Are skinny jeans ok? What about the clasps on back of bras? Do those normally set it off at LAC? They did at Chino, but not at Norco...so I guess everywhere is different. Hell, when we were at Norco, they let you wear pretty much whatever you wanted! I also read you can't wear flip flops, is that true? So no sandals, like Reef brand? Or what constitues as a flip flop? I've never visited anywhere you can't wear flip flops so that's a new one for me! I'm sure I'll have more questions eventually, but thanks for your help in advance. I've been doing this for over 2 years now and EVERY SINGLE PLACE is different. Seriously drives me crazy!! Thanks again!! xO

My husband was mainlined immediately as soon as he got there but idk if it's like that with everyone. I don't know about visiting. I haven't been yet. Soon though.

Lilypad 02-08-2013 05:40 PM

Hi all! So excited, arrived in California last night, went to the LAC this moring to find out where to park with no appointment (still can't get one, none available) and the guard was really pleasant and helpful!

It's been years since I've seen my best friend, I'm hoping I can get some sleep tonight :-)

Lilypad 02-08-2013 07:34 PM

YAHOO!!!!!! I kept trying for an appointment and guess what???? I GOT one!!!! 8:30am tomorrow!!!!

Soooo jazzed, but now what do I do? What time do I arrive there to get in line for the appointment? Sheesh, it was almost better when I thought I would have to camp out for a few hours!!! LOL, I know that's not right but now so worked up :-)

Any advice would be awesome and most helpful!

Thanks so much in advance!

blstgo 02-08-2013 09:33 PM

Does everyone that gets transferred go to the Adseg/SHU area first? my son was just transferred and I called all day and could nto get any answer as the lines were busy all day or the phone would just ring and ring. At the end of the day I was told by someone in Records department that I had to make my appointment on VPASS I did but someone called me and said that those appointments are not for non contact visits. I am so confused as I was able to get an appointment for 12noon.

Lilypad 02-08-2013 10:16 PM

@blstgo who called you to tell you the appointment you made was not valid, a visting Sgt or Lt? Are you sure your son is in AD Seg/SHU? Riverside is little less than a two hour drive to Lancaster so you might just want to print out the confirmation and drive up.

Worst case you won't be able to see your son, best case you will. If you don't get to see him at least you will be able to speak face to face with a visiting official to clear up what you need to do to visit.

I hope you get to visit tomorrow!

blstgo 02-08-2013 11:22 PM

Thanks for the encouragement, I was thinking the same thing that it is only two hours. On the VPASS website it says that it is only for contact visits and when I called this morning to make my appointment to his previous prison they told me he was at Lancaster so I called and spoke with their inmate locator and she told me that yes he is in Lancaster at Facility A she called it Ad/seg I just don't understand the difference and his previous counselor said he would be transferring to the SHU at Tehachapi but he got sent to Lancaster instead.
I am going to go I was just a little undecided in case they didn't let me in cause I will be heartbroken :cry: as well as it will cost me around 60.00 in gas I think am not sure. :confused: