Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Louisiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=964)
-   -   Is anyone's love one at Dixon or has been? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=610189)

tananlarry4ever 06-26-2012 09:57 AM

Is anyone's love one at Dixon or has been?

Hi my fiance is currently at Dixon, he has been there for a week. I've already read the link posted on Dixon. I wanted to hear from anyone who has a love one there or been there. If you have any comments or information about the prison please share. Thank you!

JessicaL0421 06-26-2012 07:24 PM

Hey,

My b/f was actually there for about 8 months then got transferred to a satellite camp. Its not too bad there except you have to wear a collar shirt anytime you go to visit.

LifeTraveler 06-27-2012 03:39 AM

My husband was at Dixon for quite some time. It was a pretty decent place as prisons go. Visitation was decent. You could actually order food to eat. What else do you want to know?

tananlarry4ever 06-28-2012 10:48 AM

Ok I do want to ask this. What about checking the vechiles at visits? The reason i'm asking is, My cars A/C isn't working right now, mechanic is trying to fix it, it"s a Caddy need I say more lol anyway I was gone to take my dads truck but it's his work truck full of tools in the bed of the truck and in the back seat. I hear if it looks dirty they check it but I can't take all my dads tools out lol way to much and heavy so do you think I would be ok? Hate to take a 2 hour trip just to be turned away. Also the shirt does it have to have a collar or can it have buttons and no collar? What about shoes, can they be open toes, flip flops or only sneakers? Thanks so much ladies for taking the time to help me, Love this site and don't know what I would do without it, Really!!

LifeTraveler 06-29-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tananlarry4ever (Post 6843856)
Ok I do want to ask this. What about checking the vechiles at visits? The reason i'm asking is, My cars A/C isn't working right now, mechanic is trying to fix it, it"s a Caddy need I say more lol anyway I was gone to take my dads truck but it's his work truck full of tools in the bed of the truck and in the back seat. I hear if it looks dirty they check it but I can't take all my dads tools out lol way to much and heavy so do you think I would be ok? Hate to take a 2 hour trip just to be turned away. Also the shirt does it have to have a collar or can it have buttons and no collar? What about shoes, can they be open toes, flip flops or only sneakers? Thanks so much ladies for taking the time to help me, Love this site and don't know what I would do without it, Really!!

They will only check your vehicle if you give them a reason to check your vehicle. Your vehicle will go in the parking lot. It doesn't enter the prison. I always took a couple of extra shirts with me when I went to visit. I found it better to be safe than sorry. Wear a shirt with a collar, and you should be all right. I wouldn't wear open toe shoes. Most prisons don't allow that anyway.

tananlarry4ever 06-29-2012 08:23 AM

Ok thanks a bunch. Time to go shopping lol cause I have no shirts with collars

Ejsqueenest_03 11-04-2012 10:16 AM

I'm late but next month it'll make a year that he's been there

MzDarknLovely31 11-15-2012 08:51 PM

My ex was there for 2 years, any other questions you have you can PM me. I frequently visited and always took extra close. The visits as LifeTraveler said were pretty decent and we could order food. Our pics always came out nice also. Sometimes if we kept a low profile I used to get to stay over the amount of time allowed. (low profile as in no touching or showing affection other than holding hands)

hiswife1216 04-09-2016 09:23 PM

Anybody have a loved one at dixon now?

Karlafoust 02-12-2018 04:06 PM

Yes to Dixon

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiswife1216 (Post 7524600)
Anybody have a loved one at dixon now?

Yes. My brother is there now. He has been there for 5 years.