Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Spiritual Connection (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Welcome to the Winter Joys and Concerns Circle (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572209)

LeBeau 11-04-2011 10:10 AM

Welcome to the Winter Joys and Concerns Circle

Well, better late than never....
(Maybe my New Years' Resolution will have something to do with scheduling)

If you need a prayer/good thought/healing energy(or whatever term your faith or tradition embraces) put it here.

If you have a joy that you want to briefly share, here's the spot.

This is for all denominations and traditions.
There will be no debating of whose truth is "right".
This won't be a good place for asking questions about the details of one another's religious/spiritual practices, just a shady, sheltered spot for dropping your cares and counting your blessings.

On a practical level, this will be a bit like the "chitchat" threads in other forums- each month (assuming this proves to be a good idea ) a new circle will be started and the one from the previous month closed.
The biggest difference between this and the other monthly threads is that this will focus entirely on our joys and concerns (Somewhat like the prayer request thread) rather than being a catch all for any and all subjects. It will be, maybe, a bit overmoderated for a while to ensure that we get in the habit of NOT using it as a "chitchat" or Q&A(I sure hope that made sense)

There will be changes, no doubt, as we go along and I'd absolutely welcome feedback by private message if you have suggestions for making this a welcoming, useful spot for sharing those matters that want sharing but don't quite want a thread of their own.

As the nights grow cold, may your hearths stay warm and as the days grow short, may your candles glow brightly.

"The year has turned its circle,
The seasons come and go.
The harvest all is gathered in
And chilly north winds blow.
Orchards have shared their treasures,
The fields, their yellow grain,
So open wide the doorway-
Thanksgiving comes again!"
Author Unknown

choclgs 11-17-2011 08:19 PM

A little more than a year ago, my father was diagnosed with prostate cancer. A few weeks before he actually spoke the words "I have prostate cancer" I saw him and noticed his dramatic weight loss yet out of respect for him didn't ask what was wrong. So far his treatments have been great and he's become an advocate for men getting PSAs whenever free screenings are advertised :).

I'm grateful that eventhough he has no health insurance, he's able to receive the care he needs, continues to work full-time, and fight this battle with a greater appreciation for his life.

junglette247 11-20-2011 01:47 PM

Prayers Request

Hello Ladies & Gents my boyfriend asked me to post a prayer request on behalf for a man he is locked up with Robert "jersey" Leroy . Jersey needs the power of prayer for his wife Rachel & daughter Jolie Anne recently his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer and going through other life issues. He asks to please pray for his family. All your prayers are greatly needed and appreciated. Thank you to all and God Bless

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

RGsWifey2b 11-21-2011 03:30 AM

Thank you because Ron asked me to post this also and I didn't know where to do so.

Lisa 53 11-29-2011 11:03 PM

Prayers Needed

please members if you could offer up prayers this friday.
our daughter will do her roll playing of her crime. this is part of her program that she has to do. she ahs the date of March 26, 2012 and she will get to come home. also pray that she will get to see her daughter .
she hasent seen , talked to or letters or pictures in the last 4 years .
I pray for all of you even if i dont know you by name every day. thanks Lisa :thumbsup:

Lonelylover08 02-22-2012 08:09 AM

Needing Prayers From PTO Family To Flow Our Way.

Hi,
Im fairly new to this, I stumbled across this site about two mnths ago. I always read diffrent threads, and it has helped me abundently. I only wished I knew of this 3yrs ago when my hubby first got tooken away. But now that I figured out how to post a thread, i'm asking for your prayers. My husband is going in this week for surgery and im nervous. He's telling me he will b ok, God got him covered, n I know he does. I guess im scard bc we been on them for 3yrs to get him the surgery n now its happening. I know its a blessing. But all prayers we can get will be appreciated. Thanks alot PTO. I find this site so encouraging, more then family n friends of my own.

mg113 02-23-2012 10:23 AM

My turn to ask for Prayers......

Most of you know I just got married on Jan 6th of this year to my best friend and soulmate.............

10 years ago he had testicular cancer stage 4 that spread to his lungshe beat it and he just passed the 10 year mark of being cancer free...

that was until last week, we found a lump in his arm, and its lymphoma, they did a chest xray and found marks on his lungs, now the lung part could be scar tissue from his last cancer or it can be more cancer growing. Tomorrow he gets the body scan to see if the cancer spread thru his lymph nodes. They are supposed to remove the lymph node next week and stage the cancer and see if its hodgkins or non hodgkins.

All in one week, he went from being healthy ( he is a black belt and used to be a mma fighter so he is in good shape) to losing 10 lbs and not being able to even lift his arm.. the lumph node is the size of a baseball...he has night fevers and sweats.......

I will take any prayers I can get for him right now.......we are both fighters and will fight this, thank god I work from home and will be able to take care of him 24/7. Having had it before he is aware of what treatment will be like and he is scared.... I just pray this is something we can fight!!!!

Thanks for listening..... I really have no one else I can talk to about this right now since he dont want to tell his family until he knows all the details

HUGS
Lisa

asmom 02-23-2012 10:58 AM

Sending you and your husband lots and lots of prayers. Stay strong and positive!

mrs.beautifly1 02-23-2012 11:29 AM

amen i also will keep ur man in my prayers

Liz & Adam 02-23-2012 11:50 AM

Prays and strength being sent!

Liz & Adam 02-23-2012 11:57 AM

Praying for you both!

Lonelylover08 02-23-2012 12:04 PM

Thanks, so much appreciated!

szcunane 02-23-2012 12:58 PM

praying for both of you!

Lordbew/us 02-23-2012 01:02 PM

Lisa I am so sorry to hear this devastating news!
I will certainly keep you both in my prayers.
I will be praying that the doctors will have hopeful news for you both. I can not Imagine how frightened your husband must be.
Hugs to you both!

nimuay 02-23-2012 01:14 PM

mg - How is it going!!!!!!!!?????????

mg113 02-23-2012 01:38 PM

Hanging in there... I found out from the dr that there are spots on his lungs ( I knew she wouldnt personally call if all was well) could be tumors OR scar tissue from his last cancer so they are doing the scan tomorrow and then they will decide which surgeon he needs to see on Monday. They were gonna do surgery this week but want to see the lung scan first.......so it will most likely be next week.

I will feel better after tomorrow I am going with him for his scan and other appts

nimuay 02-23-2012 03:05 PM

Bestbestbest of luck tomorrow - thinking of you both!

mg113 02-23-2012 04:17 PM

thanks so much

frostwoman1954 02-23-2012 04:38 PM

Prayers on the wind for you and your man. May I offer a piece of advice? Take your fears and leave them on His altar. Turn around and don't look back or start worrying again. If you do then it's like telling God you changed your mind and don't think He is powerful enuf to take care of the situation.

Michele

Lonelylover08 02-23-2012 06:06 PM

You r so right. N my faith in God is very strong. My mom always tell me to pray about n leave it alone n forget about it. So thank u for the confirmation.

klw9653 02-23-2012 06:06 PM

Sending you prayers.

Verytiredmom 02-23-2012 07:18 PM

Sending prayers to you and your husband. Please keep us up to date on how he is doing.

mandymoo 02-23-2012 07:38 PM

Praying, mg!

Trinia21 02-23-2012 07:46 PM

I will certainly remember both of you in my prayers.

Bamagirl49 02-23-2012 07:52 PM

Iam so sorry we are all here for you and your husband thinking about you what the outcome will be
Just hang in there
Hugs to you