Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1708)
-   -   What Louisiana prison or jail is your loved one at? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15076)

David 05-16-2003 06:17 PM

What Louisiana prison or jail is your loved one at?

Please use this thread to post which prison your loved one is currently located at. Please do not use this thread for general discussion. It is meant to be a resource to help PTO members locate other members that have loved ones in the same prison, or close by. If you wish to discuss a particular Unit, please start a new thread in the forum.

Thanks,
Fed-X

sgp 05-20-2003 12:25 AM

Well I'm in Louisiana but my fiance is in Kansas prison, hopefully he'll be back in Louisiana soon.

teeboo 05-20-2003 06:39 PM

I have a friend in Angola.

kathy1104 05-22-2003 07:29 AM

My husband is currently in Hunt, but has served time in the past in Angola, Phelps, Wade, Cottenport, and Allen, so I've been to all those prisons to visit.

Butterfly 05-23-2003 12:32 PM

My best friend is in Pollock, LA

Imconfused 05-24-2003 01:03 PM

My brother WAS in HUNTS but now he is in C.P. PHELPS and wanting to change to DIXIE, Kathy ever heard of it? We are in MEtairie Kenner area originally from here.

marieb 06-26-2003 09:09 PM

I'm not really sure what I'm doing. I'm looking for my btother. Clarence Daniel{Danny} Rogers {Brown}. He's 37. I'm not sure where he is but I was told to look for him in the LA prison system. Can someone help me?

CajunAce 06-27-2003 08:10 AM

I have been incarcerated in Houma, La. for 4 years and 1 month. I have 11 months left on my sentence. The funny thing is that i was granted a pardon by the pardon board in January and the govenor still hasnt signed it yet. He will probably make me wait till right before he gets out of office.

Bobby's Baby 07-20-2003 02:17 AM

My fiance is in Angola.

lilrobsangel 07-20-2003 07:04 PM

the man who is so special to me is at allen correctional, in kinder louisiana.

morgan 07-25-2003 05:22 PM

I have a brother that is in Hunt's correctional and has only been there a couple of weeks. Can anyone give me some insight on this facility? Thanks in advance.

sgp 07-26-2003 01:59 AM

Marieb,

Is your brother in state or federal. If he's in federal you can go to the BOP website, look under inmate locater and put in his name, age, race amd sex and it'll show you where he is. Or you can put in his inmate register number and it'll pull up the institution he's in. Good Luck!

cajunmania 07-30-2003 06:43 PM

Hi, my nephew is at Hunts in St Gabriel, LA

LDousay 08-04-2003 02:25 PM

Why Hunt

Hi,

My friend was sent to Hunt last night. He has been in Angola for 11 years, and we were wondering why they sent him to Hunt? Does anyone know about these things?

Linda

Claire H 08-04-2003 05:25 PM

"I'm Confused" you'll probably find that you're loved one has been sent to DIXON Correctional Institute or DCI.
Claire

LDousay 08-05-2003 07:16 AM

Hunt Prison

Hi Claire,

Actually it is called Elayne Hunt Correctional Center in St. Gabriel, Louisiana. He sent word last night that he had arrived and would be writing today. We still don't know why he was sent there. I've also found out that it is a bad place to be. I didn't think anything could be worse than Angola.

Claire H 08-06-2003 11:14 AM

Sorry LDousay that was a response to "I'm Confused" further up the list who had a loved one who wanted to be transferred to DIXIE.
I don't know anything about EHCC apart from that it is situated next to the Women's prison and I think that that is still where Warden Cain is in residence. I didn't think that there was anywhere worse than Angola either though. They have a website though the link is http://www.corrections.state.la.us/ehcc/
I really hope that he finds it to be a better place than he expects. Sorry for any confusion.
Claire

mijada 09-01-2003 09:14 AM

My son is in Hunt's. He's been there for about 2 1/2 years. It's not that bad of a place. He's treated humanely as long as he acts the same. We visit every 2 weeks and the guards are always respectful with us and very courteous. He was in Northeast Louisiana when he was first sentenced at a private prison. Hunt's is a lot better.

LDousay 09-02-2003 07:18 AM

Hi Mijada,

Thank you for your reply. I'm going to visit Al this weekend, for the first time at Hunt. He called last night and he was upset. Al is legally blind, and the transition (from Angola to Hunt) has been difficult. I live in Beaumont, TX so I cannot visit every two weeks. I wish I could. I'm sure it would make it easier for him.

Myshele78 09-14-2003 04:29 PM

My friend is at USP Pollock

LDousay 09-15-2003 07:13 AM

Hi Myshele78,

I don't know where USP Pollock is located, but I'm proud of you for reaching out. They need our support to maintain balance, and with God all things are possible.

Myshele78 09-15-2003 01:09 PM

Pollock is in LA. I saw him on a tv show and decided to reach out to him as a friend and he really appreciated it.

LDousay 09-15-2003 03:09 PM

On a TV show? What kind of show? And where in Louisiana?

I met my friend while visiting my uncle in the Hospice area of Angola. I've learned to love him very much.

Myshele78 09-15-2003 04:29 PM

It was a documentary I saw about a year ago. Alot of the guys were saying they just wanted someone to talk to so I looked him up on the BOP website and began writing him.

soulmate 09-15-2003 04:37 PM

Hi, I have two friends at Angola and want to visit at least one of them (my soulmate, ;) ). I'd like to keep in touch with PTO-members from Louisiana or who have loved ones in Louisiana prison facilities.

Hope to read from you. :) Take good care of yourself!