Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=858)
-   -   JPay Pennsylvania: Do I need to specify what the money is for? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716596)

Mama Buttercup 03-01-2019 12:10 PM

JPay Pennsylvania: Do I need to specify what the money is for?
 
Hi everyone,
I'm new here and do not fully understand jpay. I put $50 into an account for my son but I'm not sure if it's for phone. Do I need to specify what the money is for or is the account money for him to use for whatever he needs? How will he know if the money is there? Will he be notified? He is in a county correctional facility in Monroe, Pennsylvania I can't seem to get answers easily and everything is a runaround.
Thanks for your help,
Mama Buttercup

torieoo 03-01-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Buttercup (Post 7766297)
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and do not fully understand jpay. I put $50 into an account for my son but I'm not sure if it's for phone. Do I need to specify what the money is for or is the account money for him to use for whatever he needs? How will he know if the money is there? Will he be notified? He is in a county correctional facility in Monroe, Pennsylvania I can't seem to get answers easily and everything is a runaround.

Thanks for your help,

Mama Buttercup



Hiii!! I think I might be able to help since my boyfriend is also in the Monroe county correctional facility ! The money sent thru JPAY goes directly into their commissary account and you do not need to specify what it is for. Monroe county uses Securus for their phone calls so you would have to put money on a securus account separately, BUT your son can also transfer the money from his commissary on to the phone! Iím pretty sure they tell him when money is on his account when heís allowed to order from commissary ! If you have any other questions feel free to PM me !! [emoji16] I hope I helped a bit !

jlkkk2001 03-03-2019 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Buttercup (Post 7766297)
Hi everyone,
I'm new here and do not fully understand jpay. I put $50 into an account for my son but I'm not sure if it's for phone. Do I need to specify what the money is for or is the account money for him to use for whatever he needs? How will he know if the money is there? Will he be notified? He is in a county correctional facility in Monroe, Pennsylvania I can't seem to get answers easily and everything is a runaround.
Thanks for your help,
Mama Buttercup


It's just like what was said but also the amount that u send ur son they take 20 percent I think out for any fines or fees and whatever is left he will have to use on his account. My man is in Albion I always put 100 or more on his account each month this way he gets a months worth of stuff. And also they have a package from access that u can send him with food in it I sent my man one 2 months and he is enjoying the 80 dollars worth of food I got for him. I am sending him another package in april. But u can only order the packages there the access site only u can't send him urself

I hope this gives u a little more info

Pm me if u want to know more

bobble60 03-10-2019 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlkkk2001 (Post 7766630)
It's just like what was said but also the amount that u send ur son they take 20 percent I think out for any fines or fees and whatever is left he will have to use on his account. My man is in Albion I always put 100 or more on his account each month this way he gets a months worth of stuff. And also they have a package from access that u can send him with food in it I sent my man one 2 months and he is enjoying the 80 dollars worth of food I got for him. I am sending him another package in april. But u can only order the packages there the access site only u can't send him urself

I hope this gives u a little more info

Pm me if u want to know more

Her son is in a county jail, not a state prison. County jails don't all have deductions and very few allow packages from Access.

Mama Buttercup 05-18-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torieoo (Post 7766315)
Hiii!! I think I might be able to help since my boyfriend is also in the Monroe county correctional facility ! The money sent thru JPAY goes directly into their commissary account and you do not need to specify what it is for. Monroe county uses Securus for their phone calls so you would have to put money on a securus account separately, BUT your son can also transfer the money from his commissary on to the phone! Iím pretty sure they tell him when money is on his account when heís allowed to order from commissary ! If you have any other questions feel free to PM me !! [emoji16] I hope I helped a bit !


Hi Torieoo,
Thanks for responding and I'm sorry I didn't see your reply until now. I did eventually figure out this whole money thing. I've also been sending some books through Amazon but my heart is broken beyond repair. I think my son will be doing lots of time and I don't know how I will get through this emotionally. How are you handling this?

Mama Buttercup

torieoo 05-18-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Buttercup (Post 7776732)
Hi Torieoo,

Thanks for responding and I'm sorry I didn't see your reply until now. I did eventually figure out this whole money thing. I've also been sending some books through Amazon but my heart is broken beyond repair. I think my son will be doing lots of time and I don't know how I will get through this emotionally. How are you handling this?



Mama Buttercup



No problem and no apologies needed! Iím glad you were able to figure it out, sometimes it can get a little tricky. This situation definitely takes a toll on you, the not knowing and constant waiting. Iím not sure about your sons case but I know for my boyfriends case all they kept doing was pushing it back. We finally have a sentencing date but even then Iím not sure when heíll come home. Some days are better than others but I try to keep myself as occupied as possible because it does help make the days go by quicker. It takes awhile to get into the swing of things with not having him around. I can only visit him on Saturdays but I also live two hours away so I canít seem him as much as Iíd like to. I always say the family does just as much time on the outside that they do on the inside.

I hope for your sake your son gets to come home quickly. These situations are very draining [emoji17] but like I said feel free to PM me as well if you need to talk !

Suzique 06-21-2019 10:11 PM

Mama B, it's a very tough situation to be in. My bf is in a state facility and some days it's practically unbearable. Do you have any idea how much time your son will have to do? Is this his first time in?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online