Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Michigan Region I - West Prisons and Camps (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=620)
-   -   West SHoreline closing (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709534)

ladyK 02-01-2018 01:07 PM

West SHoreline closing
 
My son is in the West Shoreline facility and they have been told the prison is closing, they just said they will transfer to any prison that has bed opening My son is a level 1 and my fear is he will end up over the bridge. Does anyone know if the hardship (because his Dad is very ill) still exists? When he first went in 3 years ago we turned one in and he ended up staying pretty close to home..
Thanks

nygirl17 02-01-2018 01:25 PM

[quote=ladyK;7698123]My son is in the West Shoreline facility and they have been told the prison is closing, they just said they will transfer to any prison that has bed opening My son is a level 1 and my fear is he will end up over the bridge. Does anyone know if the hardship (because his Dad is very ill) still exists? When he first went in 3 years ago we turned one in and he ended up staying pretty close to

How much longer does he have??? My husband heard that to. And that they would be moving some guys there. To Jackson.

ladyK 02-01-2018 07:34 PM

[quote=nygirl17;7698128]
Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyK (Post 7698123)
My son is in the West Shoreline facility and they have been told the prison is closing, they just said they will transfer to any prison that has bed opening My son is a level 1 and my fear is he will end up over the bridge. Does anyone know if the hardship (because his Dad is very ill) still exists? When he first went in 3 years ago we turned one in and he ended up staying pretty close to

How much longer does he have??? My husband heard that to. And that they would be moving some guys there. To Jackson.

He has 3 years how about your husband

nygirl17 02-01-2018 08:36 PM

[quote=ladyK;7698222]
Quote:

Originally Posted by nygirl17 (Post 7698128)

He has 3 years how about your husband

8 months. Let's just hope they keep your son close to you. They might just out him accross across the street. Fingers crossed.

ladyK 02-02-2018 07:32 AM

Good Luck to you and your husband, Thank You

nygirl17 02-02-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyK (Post 7698310)
Good Luck to you and your husband, Thank You

Good luck to you and your son as well.

scottp13 04-05-2018 08:14 AM

be thankful that West Shoreline is closing ... that place is or at least was, full of gangs and a ton of sex offenders. i got sent there as a punishment because my ARUS got into into with my boss that I worked for. I was a tutor for the building trades class at MACOMB (5 minutes from my house), and they got into a pissing match so my ARUS transferred me as far across the state as he could for my last 4 months...

nygirl17 04-05-2018 09:22 AM

Any of you knoe anything about the good time law being passed on the 10th. My husband said someone came around to the classroom and told them that Gov Snyder was signing the bill on the 10th

scottp13 04-05-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nygirl17 (Post 7712563)
Any of you knoe anything about the good time law being passed on the 10th. My husband said someone came around to the classroom and told them that Gov Snyder was signing the bill on the 10th


I hope that is true for your sake, but that has been a topic for a long time, and it never seems to gain any legs. Truth in Sentencing Laws always seem to take precedent, and the prosecutors are always very loud in objecting to re establishing good time. The fact that it has been introduced to the legislature is good news. And if it happens hopefully it is retroactive!

Good time only makes sense. It will give incentive to prisoners to behave, and lead to lower expenses for the state in regards to prisons. I mean 2 BILLION DOLLARS a year for the prison system is ridiculous!

nygirl17 04-05-2018 10:50 AM

Absolutely. They have been look at it for a few months. Was just weird that multiple guys from different classroom said this lady said it was passed and will be signed for on the 10th. I guess we wait.

mommabeth 04-10-2018 06:07 PM

West Shoreline
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottp13 (Post 7712547)
be thankful that West Shoreline is closing ... that place is or at least was, full of gangs and a ton of sex offenders. i got sent there as a punishment because my ARUS got into into with my boss that I worked for. I was a tutor for the building trades class at MACOMB (5 minutes from my house), and they got into a pissing match so my ARUS transferred me as far across the state as he could for my last 4 months..

My eldest son is at EC Brooks Correctional Facility across the road from West Shoreline. He was temporarily relocated to West Shoreline while the population was transferred out. He didn't know until the last minute (of course) that he was going back to EC Brooks.

EC Brooks has an entire segregated building dedicated to sex offenders. This is how many facilities that take offenders house them: in separate units.

My son hasn't said much about gangs at EC Brooks but I am sure they are there...as they are in all facilities.

nygirl17 04-10-2018 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommabeth (Post 7713765)
My eldest son is at EC Brooks Correctional Facility across the road from West Shoreline. He was temporarily relocated to West Shoreline while the population was transferred out. He didn't know until the last minute (of course) that he was going back to EC Brooks.

EC Brooks has an entire segregated building dedicated to sex offenders. This is how many facilities that take offenders house them: in separate units.

My son hasn't said much about gangs at EC Brooks but I am sure they are there...as they are in all facilities.

I heard that unit wasn't to bad??


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online