Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Florida - Region 1 Facilities (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1635)
-   -   Is Holmes CI on lockdown? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=710804)

imissyou2332 03-23-2018 08:57 PM

Is Holmes CI on lockdown?
 
Anyone know? I haven't heard from my loved one since last friday its been a week and was suppose to call this past Monday. Haven't heard from him and he usually calls us every few days to let us know he is alright. If anyone has any info pls let me know. Thanks!

imissyou2332 03-26-2018 09:46 AM

Update: We got a call from him over this past weekend. I guess they been having phone issues there. :)

craffa1127 04-02-2018 01:24 PM

my loved one just got transferred there today - do you know if they have access to the email thru kiosk and if they can have tablets?

imissyou2332 04-16-2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craffa1127 (Post 7712052)
my loved one just got transferred there today - do you know if they have access to the email thru kiosk and if they can have tablets?

They don't have tablets in there yet but my loved one was saying they posted a letter on the bulletin that they will be installing them soon but this was a month or so ago and they still don't have them but I was reading on the DOC site that they are expected to be in the facility's by this spring so hopefully soon along with video visitation as well. And I don't think this camp has email thru the kiosk either my loved one and I had to write til we got our number approved.

craffa1127 04-22-2018 06:09 PM

Holmes
 
how is your loved one doing at Holmes? Mine got there late March and lasted about 8 days in G.P. before he got placed in protective custody following threats. He has done time before, so unfortunately he's "seasoned" and he says he has never experienced anything like Holmes C.I. before. He was embarassed about "checking in" but says he has 10 months to do - he doesn't want to die doing it. When I called and spoke to a classification officer she told me last week 3 inmates were stabbed in one day - that the gangs are terrible. I'm freaking out - i know he is safe for now but it's scary. Does your LO offer any feedback about the facility?

imissyou2332 04-28-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craffa1127 (Post 7716493)
how is your loved one doing at Holmes? Mine got there late March and lasted about 8 days in G.P. before he got placed in protective custody following threats. He has done time before, so unfortunately he's "seasoned" and he says he has never experienced anything like Holmes C.I. before. He was embarassed about "checking in" but says he has 10 months to do - he doesn't want to die doing it. When I called and spoke to a classification officer she told me last week 3 inmates were stabbed in one day - that the gangs are terrible. I'm freaking out - i know he is safe for now but it's scary. Does your LO offer any feedback about the facility?

My LO says that he wouldn't wish going to that facility to anyone. This is his first time in prison and said that Holmes is KNOWN to be a bad / hectic prison. He was moved to the work camp part of the prison for 6 months and said it's A LOT better than the main unit but was moved back to the main unit over a DR as part of the punishment. Tell your loved one to get place into the work camp they get to go work and I guess the guys there are more laid back as well from what my loved one is saying. It just worry's me that he back in the main unit and we have to write til he can use the phone again.

craffa1127 04-29-2018 04:40 PM

Mine is still in PC but they had a hearing and have determined it is in his best interest to transfer - I guess it's just a process. I have heard nothing but terrible things about Holmes. When I was talking to the classification officer assigned to his PC investigation she told me THREE INMATES were stabbed in one day a few weeks ago...that is ridiculous. I'm so glad he is moving and i'm glad your LO got moved into a better unit - hopefully he'll be eligible to go back into work unit soon

thank you for your response too - helpful to know i'm not dealing with this alone

imissyou2332 04-30-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craffa1127 (Post 7717791)
Mine is still in PC but they had a hearing and have determined it is in his best interest to transfer - I guess it's just a process. I have heard nothing but terrible things about Holmes. When I was talking to the classification officer assigned to his PC investigation she told me THREE INMATES were stabbed in one day a few weeks ago...that is ridiculous. I'm so glad he is moving and i'm glad your LO got moved into a better unit - hopefully he'll be eligible to go back into work unit soon

thank you for your response too - helpful to know i'm not dealing with this alone

Yeah, hopefully once he is out of the hole they place him back at the work camp. When they get a D.R. they get placed in a cell over at the main unit so that's where is he at right now. I know once he was moved from the main unit to the work camp he was a lot more relieved. He said while he was at the main unit in general population that he wouldn't even leave his bed because there are so many gangs and he don't want to be associated with that or cause unnecessary problems with speaking to certain ppl so he just stuck to his self. The work camp he said the guys are more laid back and there's none of that gang stuff there because those guys go out to works and stuff and I wouldn't see them sending gang members out to work so it makes sense that the work camp would be laid back compared to the main unit. You'd think since they're locked up all that gang banging stuff would of gone out the window but it's said they're still in prison and gang banging some people I guess just won't ever learn or change.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online