Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=783)
-   -   Visitation at Angola (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89061)

Browny 11-11-2004 09:31 AM

Visitation at Angola

How long does it take to get approved and what are the stipulations?
How long is the visit?
How often can I visit?
Is it contact visits?
What do I bring to visitation, just my ID?

My bad, if you all answered these already, but I've been gone a minute and need to be refreshed. :) :blah: :thumbsup:

koldazzice 11-12-2004 12:11 AM

Hey Girl,

It takes about two weeks once your loved one submits your name, they send you a whole visit package outlining all of the rules, plus a letter from them that you must bring your fiirst visit, I think that visits are WED-SUN, or at least Thursday-Sunday. I know that weekdays aren't as crowded as weekends, and you may only get 2 hours on a weekend because of crowding, ask your loved one to be sure, but he has to submit your name. I have visited camp J, which is a non-contact visit, if the person is in a regular working camp, they will get contact visits. I hope that this helps. Also, I am coming from Jersey, so I qualify for special visits.

I hope this helps!

K

Browny 11-12-2004 01:26 PM

Thank You :thumbsup:

kerrilyn 11-14-2004 08:46 PM

kold is right ... visiting days are wed-thurs.

visiting is from 8-3. they kinda only guarantee you i think its like 2 hours on weekends and 4 on weekdays...? they let you know all of that good stuff in your package of rules, but if it isnt really crowded, they let you stay the whole time. also, i think the last bus for the camps leaves the front gates at 12 or 1:00, so you have to be there before then.

only once in about 10 years have i ever had to leave early.
i hope you get approved soon!! be patient...it can take as long as a damn month for everything to be approved. a friend of mine just waited 2 months. the classification dept was waaaay backed up ...
good luck!

shatterd 11-25-2004 09:04 AM

my son was sent there on October 18 and he put in for special visit with the Warden of his unit, and i just visited with him on 11-23--04...for 4 hours, really was great to see him, you can eat , smoke and drink all you want, he is in the Main prison, i come from Marksville to see him 92 miles...but worth every mimute..good luck ..if you have to call classifacation...and get the ball rolling...

kerrilyn 11-25-2004 11:24 PM

oh yes! dont be afraid to call the classification dept!
they get a little pissy with you sometimes (understandably, lol) but it CAN help!

xcooly50x 01-02-2005 08:35 PM

wow,

I would give anything if i could smoke a cigarette at visiting time with my son!

cooly

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatterd
my son was sent there on October 18 and he put in for special visit with the Warden of his unit, and i just visited with him on 11-23--04...for 4 hours, really was great to see him, you can eat , smoke and drink all you want, he is in the Main prison, i come from Marksville to see him 92 miles...but worth every mimute..good luck ..if you have to call classifacation...and get the ball rolling...