Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1703)
-   -   Where is your loved one located in VA prison or jail? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15049)

David 05-16-2003 02:34 PM

Where is your loved one located in VA prison or jail?

Please use this thread to post which prison your loved one is currently located at. Please do not use this thread for general discussion. It is meant to be a resource to help PTO members locate other members that have loved ones in the same prison, or close by. If you wish to discuss a particular Unit, please start a new thread in the forum.

Thanks,
Fed-X

Hilde Bogaerts 05-17-2003 10:04 AM

clinton is in the Southampton CC in Capron Virginia. He used to be at Greensville CC, but he likes this one more because it is small. the visiting time is very bad there is one visiting room and you can stay one hour....even when you come from Belgium!!!! they do have a new warden now and he is making some good inprovements. he seems to be a cool guy...that is what they say....

Helen 05-17-2003 10:57 AM

I don't have a loved one in Virginia but I've got penfriends in Sussex 1 (DR) and one in Wallens Ridge.

Tereasa88 05-17-2003 03:26 PM

My hubbie is in Dillwyn soon to be coming to Missouri I hope!

LeeLee 05-21-2003 01:55 PM

My husband is in Lawrenceville. He has been in numerous institutions in VA, so if anyone ever has any ?'s I'll be happy to try and help....

Lucrisid 05-23-2003 11:05 AM

Mine still is and might remain in the Lee County Jail in Jonesville.

HUGGYBEAR 05-23-2003 07:44 PM

WHERE MY FRIEND IS IN VA DOC

My friend of nearly 25 years is in Deerfield, Capron, Va. Deerfield is right "next door' to Southamptom. There are many older inmates there, including my friend, for is 66.
Someone posted about Southamptom and that there was a new warden. Jim Beale was the warden at Deerfield and I know that he was soon to be going to Southampton, so I guess that is who the poster meant. If so, she is right: He is a cool guy and a good person. My friend was desvasted to see him leave.

Hilde Bogaerts 05-25-2003 03:02 AM

yes HUGGYBEAR, I hear more and more good things from this new warden...but some stupid rules are made up by CO trying to impress the new warden. the prisoners must get up at 5.30h morning for count now...they never used to have to do that, but now they do...they all think this is such a stupid rule and they hate it. But as far as the new warden, he is still cool!

uaelremop 05-25-2003 02:53 PM

Joey is at Caroline Correctional Unit in Hanover County. The prison is physically located in Dawn, Virginia, but hardly anyone has ever heard of that!

I'm in Northern Virginia so it's an hour and 45 minute drive, which isn't bad at all!

JEN

RadfordChick200 06-05-2003 08:08 PM

My friend is in Pulaski Correctional Unit #1 in Pulaski, VA. He is only 10 minutes away so i go see him every Saturday. And with him being so close the calls from him cost less than $2 each time! He gets out in 6 months and he's soo excited! :D

Kace 06-07-2003 11:35 PM

Hi, Andy is in Halifax Correctional. He has been gone since December '97. He has been to 2 other prisons here in good old VA. I haven't seen him since he went to Halifax. It is a 4 hour ride one way from where I live. I just can't do it, and I feel guilty. I can't even remember how long it has been since I have seen him in person. To be honest, I think I have been shell shocked from the start and I am not too sure about anything. I am so happy to find this place. Finally, there are people who have a clue about this life. He has been blocked from calling home because I changed phone companies right before MCI pulled their stunt. We never talked much anyway. But now I feel very cut off knowing I can't talk to him even if I wanted to. His maximum release date is 9/04. He doesn't like talking about it at all. He says it just makes his time harder to do. I sit and try to figure out when he might be out considering good time. I just find it easier to ignore it too and just shoot for 9/04. I have a hard time dealing with this whole thing when I think about it too much. Because of this I think I have not been the best girlfriend/fiance'. I have been reading about all of you and now I feel this real need to find out all of the things I have been ducking. I really need to get my head together. I am glad to be here.

dawncassidy94 06-11-2003 03:59 PM

NCC

My loved one is in Nottoway Correctional Center...anyone else know anyone there?

tonystat2dhd 06-23-2003 05:24 PM

My husband is in Petersburg federal but I am in N.C so he is 5 hours from me and i dont see him much at all.
Angie

Madison 06-24-2003 09:41 PM

My fiance is in Lunenburg Correctional Center in Victoria, VA about 15 minutes from Nottoway.

fabulous 06-25-2003 08:06 AM

i have a friend of a friend at Wallens Ridge. Rough place!!

FriscoLady 06-28-2003 09:09 AM

Virginia Correctional Center for Women (VCCW) and have a friend from VCCW who was transferred to Fluvanna Correctional. :(

jeroldswife 06-28-2003 05:59 PM

my husband is in grundy county jail he is about 2 hours away one way

CREAMYALMONDZ 07-02-2003 11:04 PM

Last I heard, Steven was at Sussex I State Prison. My friend K.C. is at Indian Creek Correctional Center in Chesapeake.

dswwaallace 07-14-2003 11:58 AM

My husband is Southhampton CC in Capron, va.

Marci 07-29-2003 07:08 PM

Kevin is at New River Valley Regional Jail (NRVRJ) in Dublin (near Blacksburg). I have found out that he will not be transferred, as he was sentenced to 12 mths, not more. Personally, I'm glad - I know I'll be worried sick if he's transferred. Good time is sposed to be 10mths, 19 days - and he's completed almost 7 weeks, so......I guess we're looking at early Spring 04. Tooooo long.

We are looking at the HEM program, so he can do 1/3 of his time and come home with an ankle bracelet. We're not sure if he will qualify or not, I pray that he is. Even if he's locked up at home, I don't think he would complain!!!

jazzmenne2 07-29-2003 07:12 PM

my fiance is at sussex state I in Waverly, VA. he has been doing his bid since 1998 and still has until 2007 to go. although he is only 2 hours away i don't get to see him very much because i am in college. i miss him so much and can't wait to get him home. he can't call me becaus emy mom has her phone blocked from collect calls so we don't talk unless he calls his sister and she calls me on three way, but i do make sre to write him at least once a week. well, i am glad that i have people to talk to that know exactly how i am feeling. thank you.

Lucrisid 07-30-2003 02:33 AM

Ernie now is at Bland Correctional Center in Bland, VA. :(

narleymarley03 08-04-2003 11:45 PM

My son Allen is at the VA. Peinsula Regional Jail in Williamsburg, VA. He has not gone to the DOC yet.

72 COWL 08-08-2003 07:14 PM

My boyfriend is in Rustburg Correctional Unit 9, located in Rustburg Va. He's not due to be released until Feb O5. I try to make the 1 hour 45 min. drive every other weekend.

Marquin 08-19-2003 01:41 PM

My brother is in Petersburg, VA