Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Would you take his name? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96510)

itzmydestiny 12-23-2004 01:22 AM

Would you take his name?

We got our marriage certificat today :yay: :yay: And as quick as the sun rises tomorrow, I'm off to make it that name change happen :dance:
I was told to wait 2-3 weeks after our ceremony to call and see if the certificate was ready, that was the funniest thing I ever heard :p :p Me wait ! I tried, although being married to an inmate you would think I have mastered the whole patience thing. Which for the most part, I have, but I still get pretty jumpy about things. Anyways we got married Saturday December 11th and no later than that following Wednesday I was on the phone to Solano, asking whats up :D To my surprise she said she had it, all I ad to do was come pick it up. Well to say the least, since I was unable to drive to go get it, I overnighted my money and got it Today.First thing tomorrow I'm off it REALLY make it official. Yes ladies, I'm doing the name change thing and loving it. I cant wait to officically be called.Mrs.Evans ( loves the sound of that :thumbsup: ) So heres my question : Would you take his last name or keeps yours, if so when would you do it, now or when he comes home and if not, if you dont mind my asking why not?

Still jumping for joy :dance: Does it ever stop??????????

Gemini4lif 12-23-2004 07:54 AM

I changed my name shortly after we got married. It was kinda weird, since I was the only one left with my family last name...kinda like the end of an era...but I was happy to take my husbands name.

Patrice

BayCityBabe 12-23-2004 08:02 AM

I went and did it about 1/2 hour after we were married, then went to Social Security office and changed it there for a new card then went and ate lunch and headed back for the regular visit of 2:30 until 9 pm .I had a 1 1/2 until i could come back for the visit and knew i needed to do something..:D

Justice4Alexa 12-23-2004 08:07 AM

Nick and I didnt want to get married bc to us two years wasnt long enough to do it while he was in. when he is out and we take the plunge he better give up his name bc it will be all mine ALL MINE I TELL YOU!!! Love ya ANgie

Snowbaby62 12-23-2004 09:12 AM

No question about it, I would absolutely take his last name. He already refers to me with his last name, because we are already married in our hearts.

offenderlover

Luann 12-23-2004 09:23 AM

I would take his name quicker then fast. We already refer to each other as Husband and wife. I can't wait until its really official. I Love him so much!!!

darylsbaby21 12-23-2004 09:24 AM

We already refer to me as Jennifer Cook too we were going to get married while he's in but he only has 6 months left or shorter if he gets his time cut so we are just waiting.

DJ'S BABYGIRL 12-23-2004 11:33 AM

We Are Getting Maried In January. But, He Has Been Refering To Me As Mrs.jimanaroj Since We Decided To Get Married. My Name Plate On My Office Already Says Shannon Jimanaroj. I Can Not Wait For It To Be Official.

vim1946 12-23-2004 12:05 PM

I chased him for 45 years -- heck yea I took his name! Took me over a month to get everything changed but that was because I was dealing with an insurance company! Call me old fashioned, but I love him enough to marry him, why wouldn't I want his name.

Scarysgirl 12-23-2004 12:08 PM

With a name like SCARY...so different, who wouldn't...It's the topic of conversation everytime I take my kids to the doctors....

2nice 12-23-2004 12:23 PM

I would take his name as quick as you can say "Jack the Ripper"!! :) He already addresses me as Mrs. Jerry!! :) I cant wait for us to make it all official.

myjutebe 12-23-2004 01:32 PM

I took my husbands name as quickly as I could. First I went to SS office and got my name changed. Got an appointment at DMV for the soonest I could and did that name change.

It was funny when we got married the minister told us this is how the name change thing goes: You can keep your maiden name, take his last name, hypenate it or get this one... he can take your last name. I tried to tease my husband saying I wanted him to take my last name but he would not go for it!!!! So I took his and I am oh so proud to have his last name.

Would not change it for anything

mattsbabe 12-23-2004 02:31 PM

I got married last week and still trying to decide if I am going to change it right away or wait, only b/c family is not crazy about us and like my mom still does not know we got married.. at the same time I am so anxious about taking his name so I am so torn between what to do...I think I will wait until I get the certificate back in the mail and then I guess make my final decision!!!! :)

babieboo 12-23-2004 02:51 PM

WELL I ALREADY USE HIS NAME SINCE IT IS ON THE CERTIFICATE. NEXT WEEK I AM GOING DOWN TO THE SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE TO CHANGE IT ON MY CARD THEN LATER ON WITH MY DRIVER'S LICENSE. I LOVE MY NEW LAST NAME! :D

mattsbabe 12-23-2004 02:58 PM

babieboo what did your family say? I know you were worried about your dad.. that is my dilema.. is my mom knowing.... but I so want to go ahead and change.. it..

babieboo 12-23-2004 03:03 PM

WELL MY DAD STILL DOESNT KNOW WE GOT MARRIED. HE IS NOT UNDERSTANDING US RIGHT NOW....MY HUSBAND DOESNT FEEL RIGHT WITH HIM NOT KNOWING AND HE WANTS TO TELL HIM. BUT I DONT WANT TO HURT MY DAD AND I KNOW HE WILL GET UPSET. I AM JUST GOING TO KEEP PRAYING AND WILL TELL HIM AFTER THE HOLIDAYS.

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. WE JUST HAVE TO TELL THEM SOMEHOW AND JUST DEAL WITH THE REACTION EVEN IF THEY GET UPSET.....IN THE END WE ARE THE ONE'S WHO HAVE TO LIVE WITH OUR DECISIONS. OUR PARENTS LOVE US AND THEY WILL COME AROUND IN DUE TIME. DONT BE SCARED...JUST PRAY IT OUT. :thumbsup:

mattsbabe 12-23-2004 03:16 PM

girl I am really praying about it... what worries me is that she said will quit helping me finacially and I have two kids by myself until my husband comes home.. but it's not her problem I know so I am taking it day by day, but I feel bad not letting her know b/c I am so excited about being his wife finally.. thanks I will just keep praying and when the time is right I am sure God will let me know!!! :)

babieboo 12-23-2004 03:18 PM

YEAH MY PARENTS TOLD ME THAT THEY WOULD DISOWN ME AS WELL AND THEY STILL HELP ME OUT SOMETIMES TOO. THEY ARE JUST TALKING GIRL. THEY LOVE US AND WILL NOT STAY MAD. STAY POSITIVE AND BE HAPPY. :D

mattsbabe 12-23-2004 03:21 PM

girl I hope you are right, but you don't know how controlling my mom tries to be...:(
thanks for the encouragement girl... i could really use it.. especially during the holidays.. you are the best!!! :)

RegisSweetness 12-24-2004 11:28 AM

im going to hypehnate our names together. i will never get rid of my maiden name, but i definitley have to add his.

Aimee1 12-24-2004 12:01 PM

i changed mine with a quickness! i did the dmv and ss office on the same day! so proud to be his lil' wifey for lifey! ;) -Aimee

MrsPhil 12-24-2004 12:08 PM

I will change my name as soon as we are married. When he writes to me he assresses the letters to Mrs. Philip --------. And his family does the same. In my heart I am already his wife. And I can't wait to make it legal!!

strongernow 12-24-2004 12:11 PM

Same here, no question about it!!! I love my honey and as soon as we are married, my name will be changed! :) The pride of love, I guess!

CSunshyn 12-24-2004 12:15 PM

:yes: I would absolutely take his name... It actually has a nice ring to it

Ravenslove 12-24-2004 12:17 PM

I will change my name faster then a speeding bullet. I already feel like his wife, He writes to me as his wife I am with mrsphil, I am just waiting to be able to write Mrs. Q legally.