Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   New York Parole, Probation, Work Release & Release (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=641)
-   -   Will victims be notified of inmate's release if released due to Covid-19? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722023)

ambermarshall11 04-04-2020 10:11 AM

Will victims be notified of inmate's release if released due to Covid-19?

Hey I'm wondering if anyone could help me for victims of a crime are they notified before the inmate is released if it's due to the Coronvirus I no normally they will be informed if the inmate is getting released didn't no if it changed for this or not parole isn't open in NYS only emergency situations

Ms Sunny 04-04-2020 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 (Post 7815440)
Hey I'm wondering if anyone could help me for victims of a crime are they notified before the inmate is released if it's due to the Coronvirus I no normally they will be informed if the inmate is getting released didn't no if it changed for this or not parole isn't open in NYS only emergency situations

First: parole is not “closed. “
They may not speak to you when you call because there is nothing to tell you.

Second: if you are his victim and you connected thru vine link, you should be notified.

Third: it’s not nice to use vine link (a victim resource) as a way to find out information on him if he’s not telling you. He knows what’s happening. And since you have stated here that your OOP was lifted, and you visit him, you shouldn’t use resources that are meant for those who do fear the release.

Please think before you use this vital agency as a tool.

If he says he’s coming home, he would be the one to know.

ambermarshall11 04-05-2020 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Sunny (Post 7815494)
First: parole is not “closed. “
They may not speak to you when you call because there is nothing to tell you.

Second: if you are his victim and you connected thru vine link, you should be notified.

Third: it’s not nice to use vine link (a victim resource) as a way to find out information on him if he’s not telling you. He knows what’s happening. And since you have stated here that your OOP was lifted, and you visit him, you shouldn’t use resources that are meant for those who do fear the release.

Please think before you use this vital agency as a tool.

If he says he’s coming home, he would be the one to know.

Thank you i talked to my brother he works in Sullivan there not releasing inmates at this time for prisons in NYS only jails thanks though parole always notifys me when he is coming home victim services sends me a paper but I called Friday Parole in Albany they told me they are not open only for emergencies he never said he was coming home just said the lady took his picture along with 3 other inmates she told him it was for photo recognition so IDK