Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=717)
-   -   Can Federal inmates send mail to post office box? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716629)

Sidebiotch 03-02-2019 07:29 PM

Can Federal inmates send mail to post office box?

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this.
My question is- I have a post office box. ( This means that I get my mail from a box in post office. I live in an urban apartment complex and did not want my mail routed here)
Will my inmate ( ft Dix NJ ) be able to mail letter to my post office box or must they only write to physical address?
English isn't my first language so please be patient with me and I'm trying my best to communicate but still make mistake. Thank you for reading this.

InLuvWithALifer 03-02-2019 11:38 PM

I looked it up and cannot find anything against it. Often times people are told, especially when they write to a new inmate they do not personally know. The worst thing that can happen is that your friend doesn't get your mail. Just send it and see what happens.

His_Queen13 03-03-2019 01:38 AM

Sometimes it just depends on the facility. I donít know anyone there at Dix. My husband has our home address and my PO Box on file but they require the address from my driverís license, so thatís why they have both. He will be able to tell you if he can write that address or not.

99mtg00 03-03-2019 08:15 AM

I'm not aware of any PO Box restrictions, either for incoming or outgoing mail at Dix. You aren't required to list a return address at all for incoming mail. Still subject to their usual petty rules about colored paper.

But keep in mind, the people in the mail room are inconsistent in the application of their own rules, and make up new ones on the fly. My LO remembers when the NY Post front page had a nude picture of Melania Trump. That issue was delivered to inmates. But a copy of that front page, enclosed in a letter, was returned to sender.

Sidebiotch 03-22-2019 05:31 AM

Thanks for your responses. English is not my first language so please forgive any mistake I make on this board. I am trying my best. Thank you

dime10 03-22-2019 05:57 AM

Yes they can I have had numerous federal inmates send me pictures/mail to my P.O Box with no problems

Sidebiotch 03-22-2019 06:01 AM

This is good to know because I live in an urban setting so it's easier for me to use post office box. This way I do not have to worry about mail being mixed in with neighbors. I like picking up from post office instead

rockchalk1 03-22-2019 06:43 AM

Also note that now the post office has a service that if you have a PO Box you can actually get an actual address to receive packages and other items. I have a PO Box for my business and when I renewed it this year, it asked me if I also wanted to use it as an actual street address which they would give me. I started the process but didn't ultimately bother finishing it because I didn't have any use for it. Thus, this is something you can look into. It was no extra charge if I recall.

Sidebiotch 03-22-2019 06:15 PM

Yes that is actually the main reason I like using post office box because I love online shopping and don't want my packages sitting at my door for days at a time while I'm out of town.
Lol! I love it! It makes me feel safer knowing the packages are being looked after rather than sitting unattended on a busy street.
Since he's been gone I have been passing the time by looking online for appropriate clothing for visiting federal prison. Lol!
I do not usually like long skirts or dresses but am keeping myself busy ordering more modest clothing to see him in.
They don't allow spandex and crop tops or torn jeans and tights. They only want modest clothing and that usually isn't my forte. ( I have nothing against it, I just like spandex and crop top more for myself personally) I'm very excited to visit but must wait because I'm not his wife or kids.