Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Georgia Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=750)
-   -   Do they read mail word for word? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712284)

jydogbob 06-04-2018 11:11 AM

Do they read mail word for word?

Hi, My wife is currently in arrendale. when she was in county we wrote daily. all of my letters went thru except for 1 which i had written a very sexually explicit letter. it got confiscated and put in her property. I have sent several letters to her in prison and as far as i know they have all gotten thru. however i was wondering if they actually read word for word or if they just open the mail and look thru for contraband. what are the limits of what i can say without getting her mail confiscated?

patchouli 06-04-2018 03:54 PM

Word of advice? Don't risk pushing the limits just to see how much they pay attention. They can read word-for-word, some days they might & some days they might not. I'd write as if they DO read every word every day so as not to risk write-ups / hassles for your wife.

nygirl17 06-04-2018 04:08 PM

I've had letters confiscated to. All they do is ask him if they want them to throw it away or to send it back. Doesn't cause much of a problem. I've toned it down though so he doesn't miss out on mail. I did write him a very sexual email the other day and it got through so who knows. He called me as soon as he read it lol. He had to take a cold shower.

Marseille 06-04-2018 09:17 PM

Most prisons will allow pretty racy material but I would take great care to avoid even the vaguest whiff of rape fantasies or descriptions of situations that involve force, violence, or unwilling partners. Some prisons don’t want you to describe penetration in any detail. Obviously, do not write about sexual situations involving children, incest, animals, or anything else potentially illegal or disturbing.

Neither of you will get in any real trouble for a sexually explicit letter, but following some decorum will increase your chances of having it delivered.

GaReform 06-04-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jydogbob (Post 7724768)
Hi, My wife is currently in arrendale. when she was in county we wrote daily. all of my letters went thru except for 1 which i had written a very sexually explicit letter. it got confiscated and put in her property. I have sent several letters to her in prison and as far as i know they have all gotten thru. however i was wondering if they actually read word for word or if they just open the mail and look thru for contraband. what are the limits of what i can say without getting her mail confiscated?

You can't tell what they will read or not sometimes. I sent my son an email that included bios of 2 lawyers so he could decide which he liked. They rejected the email because of content. In the bio of 1 it mentioned that he had handled sex offense cases. Maybe the word sex triggered it but there was no "contraband' in there. Better safe than sorry!