Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Military Prison Talk & UCMJ (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1449)
-   -   USDB Leavenworth (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=676182)

bluesangel 03-22-2015 03:29 PM

USDB Leavenworth

Not sure why there is not a current thread for military prisons. They are presently filling up fast with men, from E-1 to 0-6 convicted of sexual assault. At the present time, appeals are being filed for unlawful command influence. If there is ANYONE out there who is interested in this topic please reply.

CDB2015 06-08-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesangel (Post 7426296)
Not sure why there is not a current thread for military prisons. They are presently filling up fast with men, from E-1 to 0-6 convicted of sexual assault. At the present time, appeals are being filed for unlawful command influence. If there is ANYONE out there who is interested in this topic please reply.

Yes please. My husband just got 18 mo for this. And I KNOW he didn't do it. 'It' not even being that bad. It's ridiculous what they get confined for.

Lori42 03-28-2016 08:51 PM

Victim revictimized

Quote:

Hi. In our case the victim did not want to prosecute, and the conviction is causing huge harm to victim & family. Many omissions were made that could have resolved the issue in better ways. I would love to hear what's going on.

Jade0919 08-11-2016 02:24 AM

Really Interested!!

Quote:

I'd like whatever info you have! Thanks

applerain96 08-16-2016 10:41 PM

Quote:

I would like whatever information that you may have please

MadHoweller 09-26-2016 06:30 PM

Quote:

Actually, at least on the Marine side, my husband was one of the first to appeal his case using UCI and he won. Now we are battling again for residual charges. So I feel your pain. This has been my life for prett much 5 years :(

GigiNTotiMom 11-05-2016 09:28 AM

im glad im not the only one. I just have so many questions but i dont see any threads about the usdb realy that i dont know who to ask. About how long after being transfered are the allowed to communicate, or write, about visitation. Im so lost

pocu123 11-26-2016 10:28 PM

UCI?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadHoweller (Post 7568690)
Actually, at least on the Marine side, my husband was one of the first to appeal his case using UCI and he won. Now we are battling again for residual charges. So I feel your pain. This has been my life for prett much 5 years :(

Hello. I'm here for research purposes in assisting a friend with a military appeal. What is UCI? Thank you.

Mamaspartan 01-05-2017 01:07 AM

Interested in any information you can give

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadHoweller (Post 7568690)

My son, an Army Captain, was convicted at Ft. Hood last April of sexual assault because his wife accused him of rape in the midst of a very nasty divorce involving a custody battle. The marriage was only 18 months long and she accused him a year after they separated and two years after the so called incident took place. Civilian authorities wouldn't even bring charges because there was no case but the Army jumped right in. We were so sure this would be an acquittal because it was a he said/she said situation but we found out at the trial that was not the case. It became very obvious that everything she said was automatically believed and he was expected to prove his innocence rather than the other way around. The Army also provided her with an attorney, a victim's advocate, and of course the prosecutors were also on her side. My son had a military defense attorney and a civilian lawyer we paid for. I am still in a state of shock over the outcome and am worried about my son's mental health. He is so depressed.

Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated. For instance, did you have a civilian lawyer for the appeal? How long did the appeal take? My son's record of trial hasn't even been released yet and it's been 9 months!

CAARNG 68W 02-02-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamaspartan (Post 7594119)
My son, an Army Captain, was convicted at Ft. Hood last April of sexual assault because his wife accused him of rape in the midst of a very nasty divorce involving a custody battle. The marriage was only 18 months long and she accused him a year after they separated and two years after the so called incident took place. Civilian authorities wouldn't even bring charges because there was no case but the Army jumped right in. We were so sure this would be an acquittal because it was a he said/she said situation but we found out at the trial that was not the case. It became very obvious that everything she said was automatically believed and he was expected to prove his innocence rather than the other way around. The Army also provided her with an attorney, a victim's advocate, and of course the prosecutors were also on her side. My son had a military defense attorney and a civilian lawyer we paid for. I am still in a state of shock over the outcome and am worried about my son's mental health. He is so depressed.

Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated. For instance, did you have a civilian lawyer for the appeal? How long did the appeal take? My son's record of trial hasn't even been released yet and it's been 9 months!

Absolutely terrible.

Have you tried appealing to the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces (CAAF)?

Think about contacting your Congressional Representative or Senator also

TayTay 64 02-08-2017 07:40 PM

[quote=bluesangel;7426296]Not sure why there is not a current thread for military prisons. They are presently filling up fast with men, from E-1 to 0-6 convicted of sexual assault. At the present time, appeals are being filed for unlawful command influence. If there is ANYONE out there who is interested in this topic please reply.

I would love any information you have.

TayTay 64 02-08-2017 07:41 PM

I would love to have any information.

Grace2009 02-09-2017 09:41 PM

Are are you talking about being falsely accused? This happens alot in the military. Once this happens no matter what rank you you. Your going to have to make aure you get a cilvian lawyer. Then make sure whatever recording you have of the conversation may happened. Who witnessed that would stand in their integrity and not lie just to save themslves. This also happens alot with sexual assualt falsy accused because someone got hurt or there was some disagreement and decided to make false statement. This is why sometimes they will tell soldiers to have a eecorder on them( phone when comes to conversations) so the other cant make up story.

usdb 03-03-2017 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamaspartan (Post 7594119)

Unfortunately, as I have found out since 1981, there is no such thing as justice in the military "justice" system. I have been out on parole for almost 24 years without a single blemish. US Probation has tried for 8 years to have me released from parole through AF Clemency and Parole Board. Not only did the AFCPB not grant clemency, they added a restitution clause to a Parole Agreement that has been in force since 1 Apr 93. (I get the irony of the date). I would not expect any type of rational fairness from the military.

For me, I'm going to fight them, legally and administratively, until I'm dead, or I see them removed from their porcelain towers.

They are rude (ask my PO), vulgar (ask my attorney), and the poorest examples of a government employee. Angry, no. Determined, you bet.

Jade0919 04-09-2017 12:46 PM

Does anyone here have a loved one currently at USDB/JRCF? We also have a group on FB

David 04-09-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade0919 (Post 7617407)
We also have a group on FB

Please feel free to invite them all over here. The more the merrier, and I think everyone will love the update that is coming soon! :thumbsup:

Jade0919 04-09-2017 01:23 PM

I sure will!!

David 04-09-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade0919 (Post 7617425)
I sure will!!

Great to hear! Looking forward to meeting them and getting to know all of you better.

DeNada 11-19-2017 01:25 PM

My son is no longer at the USDB. He was released to the FBOP about 4 years ago (i've lost track of time now) and was just transferred from a USP in Kentucky to a USP in Louisiana. (FWIW- I do not like USPs!!) He has been recommended to go to a Residential Reintegration program (his terms) even though he's only been a the new place for a week or so. In researching, it appears that is the same program as the BOP's Residental Reentry Centers - which is a halfway house! Closest one is about an hour and a half from home. I haven't posted in a long, long time on PrisonTalk for various reasons but will be happy to answer any questions I can.