Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=854)
-   -   Oregon Carpool/Rideshare Requests 2017 - 2019 (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=697603)

GingerM 01-01-2017 08:19 AM

Oregon Carpool/Rideshare Requests 2017 - 2019

Hi everyone

Another year, another thread. The old thread has been locked but any for this year have been transferred over.

If you are looking for someone to carpool/rideshare with, please post the following in this thread:

Your Username
Which institution you're headed to
The date(s) which you are interested in going
Those of you wishing to link up for carpooling/ridesharing, please PM each other.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Disclaimer:

Prison Talk Online cannot accept responsibility for rideshare or carpool arrangements made between members.

Members are advised that they make these arrangements at their own risk and in no way can PTO be held accountable for any problems that arise.

We would like to encourage our members to consider the following precautions when entering into a carpool/rideshare agreement with another member.

-Before agreeing to carpool, certain issues should be discussed and decisions made. Issues that should be settled immediately include members’ feelings about the radio, conversation, smoking habits and eating.

-You should also find out whether the vehicle, personal possessions, or clothing of either passengers or driver will contain illegal substances or contraband. This is a very important issue and should be addressed with your fellow travellers. Prisons routinely search vehicles and you should be aware if there is a possibility of something being discovered and action taken. Most states do not allow firearms, cameras or alcohol on prison grounds - do your research, find out what is the local policy.

-Agree in advance on reimbursement for driving expenses, meals, toll roads, parking fees and so on. Agree on a way of payment and a timescale for payment to happen.

-If you don’t know your carpooling buddies, feel free to ask them about their driving record. Make sure they have a valid drivers licence.

-Make your pick-up point a public location until you thoroughly trust the other individual.

-Use common sense and trust your instincts; with a little preparation carpooling can be very rewarding and often leads to long lasting friendships.

Finally, have a safe journey and enjoy your visits.

Gin

Sentanced4life 06-01-2017 01:17 PM

Anyone traveling to Lakeview/Warner Creek?

Hello I am trying to get to my husband and son in Lakeview, Oregon he is paroled there and I can finally see him. I am currently in Eugene and can pay gas $ I am drug/smoke free and looking to hug my boys!! Please help

Danabel 10-12-2017 10:10 PM

OSCI in Salem from Coos Bay Oregon

connectingroots 11-07-2017 08:10 PM

Best way to get from Portland to Salem?

Is there a bus anyone recommends or would anyone be interested in ridesharing?

GingerM 11-07-2017 08:33 PM

Grayhound runs Portland to Salem, though I don't know the timing. Also, I think Green Tortoise does. So does Amtrak. Then Uber or Lyft from the station to whichever institution?

MurMur 07-23-2018 04:17 PM

Wanted to post because I go to OSCI at least once a month would like more but gas is expensive I'm in the Portland area and would love to ride share I have my own vehicle and would love to see if I could ride alone or share gas for the next 8 months!

c&c.bock 12-08-2018 02:24 AM

Looking for ride share & visit information for Pendelton, OR

hi I was wondering if there is any prison wife's here that are willing to car pool im trying to go towards penelton or if yall know of any recourses for helping people get to a prison and visit a loved one I would really appreciate if anyone whit info can help me out.
or if theres any safe houses a inmate wife can go and stay the nights of visiting day.

thank you! god bless!!

GingerM 12-08-2018 06:58 AM

Welcome to PTO c&c.bock.

You might want to look into Heart of Dove and see if that fits your budget/can help you. The website is here: http://www.heartofthedove.org/

Johnnkara 12-26-2018 07:41 AM

Columbia River Correctional institution

I'm trying to see if there is anyone that goes to Columbia
River Correctional institution in Portland Oregon to visit. I live in Rainier Oregon and was wondering if I could carpool with someone so I can see my fiance. I can help with fuel. Thanks for reading this and I hope to hear from someone. Kara

mcgarc92 05-16-2019 01:29 PM

EOCI

Hello everyone!
I just found this forum and it already has provided resourceful information. I will be visiting a friend in Eastern Oregon Correctional Institution in Pendleton and am looking for a ride/carpool. I am planning on visiting Friday, May 24, through Sunday, May 26.
I have already booked my flights (I am coming in from Chicago) and I do not drive. I have called the only taxi service Pendleton has, but I have read some pretty bad reviews and I do not want to rely on them.

I am willing to provide the gas fare for the trips.

Please PM me and we can work something out. I truly appreciate anyone reaching out and helping me.

Thank you!
Marlene

Mom2my3angels41 07-19-2019 01:05 AM

Hi!

I'm looking to go to OSCI in Salem from Sherwood.

I am off Wednesdays and Saturdays from my job, and would like to go out to see my wife at least once or twice a month.

I have a daughter that would come along for visits, sometimes my son as well.

I'm willing to pay gas and provide witty conversation.

Dates are negotiable, as long as it falls on a Wednesday or a Saturday.

I'm smoke-free, but don't care if you smoke.

GingerM 07-19-2019 05:27 AM

Did you mean go to see your husband, or go to see your wife at Coffee Creek?

Mom2my3angels41 07-19-2019 10:53 AM

My wife is at osci.. she is non-op transgender