Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texas General Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=604)
-   -   Son sentenced to 2yrs how much time will he do? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433339)

lonelymom53 08-11-2009 09:10 PM

Son sentenced to 2yrs how much time will he do?

I have a question can you or anyone tell me my son was sentence to 2yrs tdc fro probation vilation on 3rd dwi and what i want to know will he have to serve all 2yrs or will he be alble to get parloe. He is currently in harris count and has been there for 1 month.

robs_angel 08-12-2009 01:17 AM

I have moved your post to it's own thread. You will find alot of information here and help, I don't know alot about Texas but they will here...

best wishes

RobinsMan 08-12-2009 06:10 AM

Welcome to PTO, lonelymom. Although it is always possible for someone to end up serving their entire sentence since approval for early release comes only by vote of the parole board but he is certainly eligible for parole and - especially if this is his first time in prison - he will likely make parole or release to mandatory supervision and not have to serve all two years. On a two year sentence he will become eligible for parole within a couple of months but the review process will take longer than that to complete ... usually in the four to six months range. If approved, actual release on parole will take some weeks or months longer. He will also be eligible for release to mandatory supervision (basically the same as parole, once released) which he will be eligible for after about eleven months. If he is approved for that then he will be released on his Projected Release Date which you will know after he is transferred to TDC.

ReggiesLady 08-12-2009 07:18 AM

Robinsman is right. I just wanted to welcome you to PTO!

LILLYLUVZTONY 08-12-2009 07:44 AM

My husband got a 2yr sentence for violating probation and so far he's been in tdcj a year and 8 months. By the looks of it, he will end up doing all 2 years flat. Just 4 more months to go don't think he'll be granted parole with so little time left to go.

RobinsMan 08-12-2009 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LILLYLUVZTONY (Post 4858368)
My husband got a 2yr sentence for violating probation and so far he's been in tdcj a year and 8 months. By the looks of it, he will end up doing all 2 years flat. Just 4 more months to go don't think he'll be granted parole with so little time left to go.

I think that if I were him I wouldn't let them parole me with so little time left.

strawberry6977 08-12-2009 08:41 AM

When my husband went to prison back in 2000 for a 3rd DWI, it was a 3 year sentence. He served 2 years of that, then was released to a HWH for about 6 months...then went home to his adoptive dad's house.

I'm under the impression (my observation of various cases I've seen on here, including my husband's) that it is less likely to Parole out on such a short sentence, but I'm not saying it isn't possible.

I'm sorry you're going thru this!! It's easier said by someone else, even though it's weird not having your loved one around...all in all the time goes by pretty quick, especially 1 or 2 years.

lonelymom53 08-12-2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobinsMan (Post 4858244)
Welcome to PTO, lonelymom. Although it is always possible for someone to end up serving their entire sentence since approval for early release comes only by vote of the parole board but he is certainly eligible for parole and - especially if this is his first time in prison - he will likely make parole or release to mandatory supervision and not have to serve all two years. On a two year sentence he will become eligible for parole within a couple of months but the review process will take longer than that to complete ... usually in the four to six months range. If approved, actual release on parole will take some weeks or months longer. He will also be eligible for release to mandatory supervision (basically the same as parole, once released) which he will be eligible for after about eleven months. If he is approved for that then he will be released on his Projected Release Date which you will know after he is transferred to TDC.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Have a wonderful day.

WilcoMom 08-12-2009 11:58 AM

lonelymom, I just wanted to welcome you to PTO too. This is a great place to 'hang out' and get answers, and support. It's a great group of folks.

My son is just about to his one year mark, on a three year sentence, and I can tell you this year, in hindsight, has gone quickly. Once he hits TDCJ, and gets settled, things will move more smoothly for him. There won't be so much 'unknown' to add to both of your fears. He'll have more opportunities to do things, like take classes, get a job, etc. It does get easier, for you both.

You can be a tremendous support to him by staying focused forward and positive, to help him look to his brighter future. I visit my son every weekend, and it helps pull him forward through the week, and make the time go a little faster for him.

And when you start to get overwhelmed and down, pull up a chair and join us here. There's always someone who's been where you are that you can lean on.