Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=846)
-   -   CRC Visitation?? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=633059)

memarzano 02-06-2013 06:11 PM

CRC Visitation??

Anyone currently visiting a reception inmate at CRC? I am confused on the policys regarding the diff. between "approved visitor" and "tentavely approved visitor" The website states after an inmates first 8 days at CRC they are then permitted a visitor and that the visitor can print the visitor application from online and bring with them on their FIRST visit to be tentavely approved so long as their identity is verified. After the application process is completed you will then (if everything on application checks out) be an approved visitor from thereon out. This application process also pertains to putting $ on an inmates acct/books. However, when I call in they tell me that I will be turned away if not an approved visitor prior to the visit. That the information on the website is out dated although at the bottom of the web page it says it's last update was several days ago. How extremely frustrating that a government entity so inconsistent! And everytime I call I get a different answer on how this works. I am wondering if the diff. status between inmates like a "reception inmate" (short term), the status of the inmate I am trying to visit and, a "general population" inmate (long term)makes for all this confusion and the reason for the inconsistent answers I get from CRC officers and the info I am getting online.. does anyone have any recent first hand experience with visitation of a reception inmate at CRC?

thx so much! --mem

This is hardly an introduction so I apologize for posting this here!

Anyways, my bf is incarcerated at CRC in Orient, Ohio. He started his 2 yr prison term on January 8th. I am here to get the answers to questions that I would'nt have otherwise been able to get- even after millions of ph. calls & hours of web research. Thx for having me. :)

ivorylibby 02-07-2013 05:11 PM

For reception at Lorain, you go in with your photo id, with your current address on it. In 2009 I had to take a utility bill with me in my name. I believe they have stopped that. For my LO's time in reception in 2012, I just had to show my Driver's License. I was still in the system.

You can fill out the application at the prison. Reception is different than the cadre inmates.

You shouldn't be turned away if you have the right id.

Since you aren't a family member, your LO will have had to state that you are his support person. They have one non family member visitor for reception.

Go here and read Section B: http://www.drc.ohio.gov/web/drc_poli.../76-VIS-01.pdf

EricaMo 02-10-2013 10:55 AM

I visited my husband only one time at crc before he was transferred to madison. You need an id, birth certificate, any utility bill stating your address is true, and if you are married you need marriage license, you do need to print out the application and fill it out. You are not able to put money on his commissary until you visit. Yes, if you are not approved they will turn you away right then and there. GP is totally diff than reception. So anything that pertains to GP just throw out the window. Lol

EricaMo 02-10-2013 10:58 AM

Also i was told, you want to visit him at crc for sure. If you visit him there, all your info will be saved and when he is transferred, at the new places, all you will need to show is your ID. If you do not visit him at crc, each new place you go to, you will need all that info i talked about in my previous post. And yes in order to visit him, if you are not married, he is only allowed to have one non family member on his list, make sure he put you or you wouldnt be able to visit

countrygal 03-08-2013 03:32 PM

How was your visit? Please share

Mrsgrubb16 09-03-2016 03:19 PM

I am new to visiting at crc, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to visit or anything and what I am allowed to wear if anyone can help me that would be awesome I'm going Wednesday to see my boyfriend in there