Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1068)
-   -   KVSP Visitation & Dress Code Thread (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629445)

Bamswife6200 07-31-2018 10:03 AM

Any one who has recently visited Kern valley please answer, I was able to get a visit scheduled for myself and 4 others, (total of 5). However, they didnt ask for the names of the other visitors, 2 are minors and 2 are adults, all are approved. Was I supposed to give the names of all visitors? I have been trying to get back through to ask but no luck.

Thank you

shaunac 07-31-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamswife6200 (Post 7736477)
Any one who has recently visited Kern valley please answer, I was able to get a visit scheduled for myself and 4 others, (total of 5). However, they didn't ask for the names of the other visitors, 2 are minors and 2 are adults, all are approved. Was I supposed to give the names of all visitors? I have been trying to get back through to ask but no luck.

Thank you

You don't need to give the names of the other visitors. Be sure you have the appropriate paperwork for the minors.

Bamswife6200 07-31-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaunac (Post 7736482)
You don't need to give the names of the other visitors. Be sure you have the appropriate paperwork for the minors.

Thank you

Bamswife6200 08-09-2018 10:45 PM

Can anyone help??I have a visit scheduled this Saturday at 8:30am, what time should I arrive to check in? Also since I have an appointment do I go to the front of the line, with the others that have appointments?

I noticed people said that some people show up without an appointment and I didnt know if we all waited in the same line. Any and all information is needed and appreciated.

Crazybaby724 09-02-2018 06:19 AM

Is the prison on normal visiting status?

sidewalker 09-02-2018 07:09 AM

**Is the prison on normal visiting status?**

You might be able to check with vpass (not sure if this facility has it or not) to see if they are on lockdown.

As to when to arrive....I'd arrive an hr early just to be safe.
As to the appt question......The prison I visited would know. You check in first. Tell them at that time you have an appt.
Or you could also ask the others standing in line if they have two separate lines. Folks are pretty helpful (or at least they were for me)

Bamswife6200 09-03-2018 09:02 AM

What time are walkin appointments at Kern valley?

mrsgonzos 10-25-2018 02:12 PM

I have a 9am vpass appointment I will be canceling for this Saturday, 10/27. Anyone need an appointment?

miamac 10-26-2018 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamswife6200 (Post 7742598)
What time are walkin appointments at Kern valley?

I know this is a little late and my last visit at KVSP was a while ago, but then it was 10:30. :thumbsup:

whytrip 03-01-2019 01:29 PM

Visiting

Hi Everyone. I Hope All Is Well!

I NEED ASSISTANCE PLEASE!

My guy has been transferred to Kern Valley. He has been on orientation just got off Wed.

Vpass says their is no appointments available.

I live 4 hours away. Do they allow walk in appointment or that mean all chances of coming is out?

Please help me.

Thanks

Bamswife6200 03-04-2019 11:16 PM

Hi,

They do allow walk in visits, people start lining up around 930 or 10am, although they wont process walk-ins until 11am

Bamswife6200 03-04-2019 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whytrip (Post 7766307)
Hi Everyone. I Hope All Is Well!

I NEED ASSISTANCE PLEASE!

My guy has been transferred to Kern Valley. He has been on orientation just got off Wed.

Vpass says their is no appointments available.

I live 4 hours away. Do they allow walk in appointment or that mean all chances of coming is out?

Please help me.

Thanks

Hi,

They do allow walk in visits, people start lining up around 930 or 10am, although they wont process walk-ins until 11am

celamar56 03-22-2019 09:17 PM

No visiting for yards A & B this weekend, again!!!! :(:sad&blue:

Woodys#1Lady 05-03-2019 12:40 PM

My husband was just transferred there this week, I know he is in Orientation. But anyone know the process for Non Contact visits, I called the number at 9:15am and left a message. I guess they return the calls to setup an Appointment?? Then for regular visiting with Vpass appointment do they still do the car lineups in the early morning ?

Thank you!

miamac 05-03-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodys#1Lady (Post 7774528)
My husband was just transferred there this week, I know he is in Orientation. But anyone know the process for Non Contact visits, I called the number at 9:15am and left a message. I guess they return the calls to setup an Appointment?? Then for regular visiting with Vpass appointment do they still do the car lineups in the early morning ?

Thank you!

It's been several years since my last KVSP visit, but we didn't lineup, then. They opened the lot to us around 7am and then people started lining up for their appointments around 7:30. It used to be the line formed up by the building, but my last few visits they were making us lineup at the canopy in the parking lot until 7:45. At the time, the photo ducat machine and change machine were up near the door to processing, so if they're still there you can go up and get your coins and come back to get in line. I wish I had more current info for you, but just in case no one else comes along, that's a start. :)

celamar56 05-15-2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodys#1Lady (Post 7774528)

Thank you!

For Non-Contact you have to call 1661-720-4952 Monday-Friday, from 9 to 10am (NO, they DON'T return calls)
Walk-in line up is at the parking lot (tent) on a first come, first serve basis
Last appointment is at 1:00pm
Early Car Line Up only if you have an appointment, otherwise you are not allowed in premises till 10:30 am

:)