Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=747)
-   -   Securus phone contract ended (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651096)

roxydavishere 09-25-2013 07:44 PM

Securus phone contract ended

does anyone know whats going on with the phones at the walton correctional house. i know the securus contract ended last night at midnight and i think that is why i havent heard from my husband. if anyone has any info i would appreciate it thanks

roxydavishere 09-25-2013 08:09 PM

ok i found out its not about the phone contract. the walton main camp is on lockdown. just to let anyone know if you have a loved one there.

RichardsLuLu 10-24-2013 07:39 PM

Phone Calls from walton cci

Can anyone tell me if they are using prison calls online. It says I can use my metro phone to get calls from waltin ci. Please let me know if you have any info

NAN425 10-25-2013 11:45 AM

Prison Calls Online is not a prison phone service provider...they are a call forwarding service that gives you a local number and then forwards calls to phones that would be illegal to put on a prison calling list otherwise. It is NOT legal to use them with Florida DOC.

RichardsLuLu 10-25-2013 08:39 PM

Illegal calls

Thanks NAN. Don't wanna do anything illegal. So only phones I can use are landlines and someone like sprint where u have a contract?

nateschic 10-25-2013 08:48 PM

You can get calls on a cell phone that doesn't have a contract, my brother has metro and gets calls from my nephew in Liberty CI

NAN425 10-25-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nateschic (Post 7242825)
You can get calls on a cell phone that doesn't have a contract, my brother has metro and gets calls from my nephew in Liberty CI

Is that a rule change recently? When they first instituted cell phones they were being very specific about having to provide the contract paperwork and having to make people jump through hoops.

nateschic 10-25-2013 09:15 PM

He had to do the same as I did, send in a something that shows your address with the phone number from the provider, whether your printed it off the internet or it came from the service provider themselves. The bill did not even have his name on it, he wrote it in ink pen.

RichardsLuLu 10-25-2013 10:18 PM

calls from walton

Well when I sent in my paper work, they denied me and told me I had to have phone with contract. Just trying to figure out a way to talk to my baby....letters are good but, I need to hear his voice and vice versa:confused:

bellamagnolia 10-26-2013 05:13 AM

My fiancÚ is in Liberty. I had metro then I moved to Boost when I moved.
I sent in a boost bill with my name, number, and address on it and Liberty CI would not accept it. They said I needed a contract.
I had to get a land line.
I don't think your brothers case is the norm but glad he gets to use his cell.

love baby 10-26-2013 05:57 PM

My husband just update his list, and they denied my metro. The reasoning, it's a pay as you go phone and those aren't allowed. Glad you got urs approved, wish mine would. Some camps are easier then others.

nateschic 10-26-2013 09:19 PM

Interesting! His was approved at CFRC, but classifications there kept "losing" his paperwork and he had to fax over things several times then it was blocked at Securus, or at least that is what CFRC kept saying but Securus kept saying it was the prison, so maybe they just got sick of him and said ok, LOL...guess he better not rock the boat as long as he keeps getting calls

bellamagnolia 10-27-2013 02:42 PM

LOL! Yeah, they were probably tired of hearing him call so let it go through.