Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   ELMIRA HUB PRISONS - NY DOC (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=631)
-   -   Questions About Shock Camp at Willard (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694612)

Joyce devinney 09-17-2016 12:49 AM

Questions About Shock Camp at Willard

Trying to find out what shock camp in willard, ny is like for addicted inmates. I know what prison is like. I was encarceratef for 2 years in Taconic Correctional facility in NYS
I will tell my story at another time.
What i really want to know now is what Shock Camp is like I'm Willard NY
I know someone who is going there and I want to honestly know what is in store for her.
I know it's for women with substance abuse issues, it's bootcamp, you have to be physically fit, and it's strickt.
I would like to hear more specifics from those who have been there. If they made it through or if they didn't and why.
As I said, I know what prison life is like and she wouldn't make it there. (Without getting beat up many times) She thinks she has beat the system by using the substance line. She thinks it's the easier way. Shorter perhaps...but easier remains to be seen.
If anyone could share their personal experiences I would greatly appreciate it.

jj3250 12-28-2016 06:22 PM

Need derails regrading Willard

Curious of details for Willard as well
Any details regarding when visitations are or anything would be greatly appreciated!
Also how often they can call home.. ANY and all details would be appreciated!
My husband should be sent there within 2 weeks or so.

carolmach 12-28-2016 07:48 PM

To the OP, you say she has never served prison time? To my understanding (correct me if I am wrong), Willard is not for first bid offenders, but rather parole violators with qualifying convictions and an addiction.

I have never visited. I wish I could offer more information. Welcome to the both of you.

Mrs. Iimas 12-28-2016 08:44 PM

Willard and shock are 2 different programs I have never been but my mans sister was in shock and my ex went to shock and his best friend went to Willard. I was around for all of them. Although I do not have personal stories I do know what they told me. There experiences may be very different from your friend- they are all drug dealer offenders without substance abuse issues. I can tell you that all 3 have stayed out of prison and have gotten there lives together since completing the programs. My mans sister said it was really hard to have very little contact with her kids. They only get calls for 15 min every other week. The groups were eye opening. She really saw the struggles the addicted women were going through and it made her not want to deal anymore. My ex learned s lot from the programs in shock. They helped to turn him into a better person he's now a much better father. He too said it really hard he wanted to give up so many times. He had to eat standing up he was yelled at all the time it's really like boot camp only they are prisoners. I think the main difference with shock and Willard is Willard is like 97 days and shock is 6 months

Joyce devinney 12-31-2016 12:55 AM

TU so much, your post was helpful.

Zeeek58 09-19-2017 09:21 AM

Her pre sentencing probationary report will be able to confirm if your sister could have gotten "over", besides, if she was able to play the substance abuse card, she will then need to convince the parole board that she has effectively dealt with her substance abuse issue. I wouldn't suggest anyone to try and "get over" on the parole board, good luck to her, I hope everything works out