View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 06:16 PM

Default PED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmcconahay View Post
My fiance is at dodge state prison and his PED date was Jan 5, 2018. A few days ago it changed from no decision, to N/A. Yesterday "Jan 19" he got called to his counselor to sign a paper saying he was denied parole but with no explanation and it was dated Dec 29, 2017 which was before his PED date even hit. His counselor is sure that it was just a automated/generated letter for the end of the year and since he hasn't hit his PED date they denied him them bc she had never seen that before. He has no priors, no right ups, nothing for them to deny him for. Can someone please give me a clear answer to what n/a actually means. I've read so many places and get different answers. TIA
Not to discourage you but you cannot go by that PED, it really means nothing in Ga. I and about everyone I know that was in would get a letter at or about the time of their PED saying 'due to the nature of your crime....incompatible to return to society...blah blah' Rule of thumb in Ga coming from someone thats seen it first hand, if your charge is non violent youre gonna do a little over a third of your time and you'll do more than that if your sentence is short. Ex. if you have six years on non violent, you'll prob do about 2.5 years but, if you only have say a two year sentence, youre likely to do most if not all of it. Doesnt make sense but its true. If you have a violent charge you will do 65-90% of the time period, dont believe anything you hear about PIC points this or that, if you are violent, you are gonna do 65-90 and thats if you arent on a mandatory minimum.
The Following User Says Thank You to ticketman For This Useful Post:
SBJOHNSON (03-30-2019)