View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 12:51 PM

Default Support when loved ones are locked up...

Today while playing golf. with a new friend, she confided to me she was a 'Gold Star Mother' . Her son was killed in Afganistan. She went on to tell me how she and her husband participated in all kinds of fund raisers and support groups for people in similar situations. My heart truly went out to her and to anyone in that situation. Then I started thinking about US and our loved ones. Losing a child or husband to a prison sentence is almost as painful as losing them to death. Your arms still ache to hold them, and on top of that you worry day and night because they are in a dangerous situation. Yet there are so few organizations ( other than prison talk) for support. And I never heard of a fund raising event for families left without a bread winner or with big expenses. Most of the time, we can't even talk about them because of negative attitudes by the public. This is just a rant, I guess, because there is no answer. I just want each of you, my sisters in waiting, to know I am thinking of you and praying for you daily.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to georgiagrama For This Useful Post:
lillillala (07-18-2016), Lordbew/us (05-02-2016), miamac (05-02-2016)
Sponsored Links