View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 04:15 PM
Liz

Thanked 1,377 Times in 539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg81 View Post
I have yet to hear of anyone who would rather be in county than in prison. I have heard of some who would rather do a little more time in prison then ever go to county. Some places send some of them back to county as their prison time is almost over. That is so hard on the guys.

I understand your feelings of not seeing him as much when he goes to prison, but like others have said, it really is a better situation for them then where he is now. The fear of the unknown is always hard. I think you will find as he gets settled in that it will be easier for you as well.. as you see he is adjusting. I didn't say easy. Nothing in this is easy.
You hit the nail on the head. I remember how scared I was back in the beginning of prison. I remember that first visit, when he was still scared (he was on a yard with a very bad rep, which thankfully lasted less than 6 months). It was the knot knowing, not understanding the system, and having no familiarity with it. That was why my first response was to research, which led me here, and to read all the rules on our state DOC site. It empowered me to have knowledge and calmed some of the fear. After the first year it became easier because I was more familiar with the system, the prison he was in, the guards that were there. Familiarity did not breed contempt, but it did breed a level of calm that I never would have expected when this journey began.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-11-2018), Halo527 (11-27-2018), jmdivine (02-27-2019), Mama33 (11-11-2018), mg81 (11-26-2018), sidewalker (02-09-2019)