View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 03:31 PM

I believe in the sanctity of marriage so for me none of that would work.

Thankfully, this is all new to me and I don't have to make any of those decisions...... my husband was sentenced to 6 months but this really got me thinking about a situation such as your's.

I can say that without a doubt I would not do the 3rd party thing BUT I honestly do not know if I have it in me to be committed to someone in prison for life. I know my belief system tells me that God intends for marriage to be until "death do you part" and my faith has grown through the years as did maturity. I am a very black and white thinker....yes or no....right or wrong....no (or not much room for) gray area because that to me is where trouble lies. My husband is at a camp due to "gray area" thinking....in my opinion. 10 years ago I don't know if my marriage could have withstood a conviction and jail time.

I guess I am wondering what is the benefit of staying married if it is in name only? Couldn't you just as easily divorce while still being a support for her yet be able to move on with your life? Just wondering.... if it is not a moral issue then what keeps you there?

**I am in no way passing judgement** If I come across that way, please chalk it up to my ignorance of what my new "normal" is**

I have come to realize how naive or sheltered I have been in small town living. This forum has opened my eyes to 1) how many are affected by prison system, and 2) how many people actually commit and/or stay committed to others in the system for unbelievable amounts of time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsDeeKay For This Useful Post:
missingdee (09-18-2017), WaitingWilkes (09-19-2017)