View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 04:53 AM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is offline
Site Moderator

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 30,559
Thanks: 49,438
Thanked 23,832 Times in 13,680 Posts

Yes it is possible to get a "change of release location" approved. Your unit team case manager can initiate the paperwork, which has to be approved by the receiving US Probation Office. The request, which should include as many valid reasons why the new location is more favorable to his reentry chances than the old one (job, family, school, etc.), is usually sent 3 to 4 months prior to your expected "half way house" reporting date.

It is also possible to apply for a transfer of supervised release from one POs office to another, but my PO told me it is more likely to have a change approved from prison than it is to transfer supervision once you are assigned to a POs case load.
Reply With Quote