View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 03:28 PM
*~hE WuZ mA eVeRyThAnG~*

My fiance has been in trouble with the law since he was a juvenile. He has a long criminal record. All the crimes he did in the past he was guilty of and never took them to trial because he knew that he commited the crimes. This tiome around, I know and he strongly voices his innocence. He got out of prison in early 2002 and we got together in late 2002. He was doing everything he was suppose to do as far as parole and atending his anger managment classes faithfully every week. He had a great job and was getting his life back together. Even his parole officer saw the difference and the positive change in him. Then, in 2004 he was at the wrong place and at the wrong time and got a parole violation and was accused of a crime that he didn't commit. He was asked to give names and bascially speak against the others, but refused to speak against anyone else. So when his trial started they were trying to give him 25 years to life. Right before the trial started the DA offered him 15 years and I told him dont take it and to fight this battle to the end to prove his innocense. He went through the whole trial after a year of going back and forth to court. He had a hung jury. Out of the 12, 8 found him not guilty and the other 4 found him guilty. Then the DA offered him 10 years after the jury could come up with a verdict. After two days of that, the DA finally went down to 3 years and my fiances PD stressed to him to take the plea bargain because thats the best deal he was going to get and if he requested for another trial that he would likely get a "not guilty" verdict. So he took the bargain and got 6 years total because they charged him with a second strike. His release date was given as November of 2008. So I got another 2 years and 11 months. So basically three years and counting. I wish he could come home earlier but I know that I cant get my hopes up.