View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:07 PM

Hello HesMyForever,

I just got married by proxy this past Friday and it was pretty simple. I went to Tarrant County Fort Worth TX and all I needed was the form that he filled out and got notarized it's called absentee affidavit, a certified copy of his birth certificate, $71 for the marriage license and about $80 for the justice of the peace, you will also need the person that will stand in for him to be present for the ceremony with a valid state ID, you will also need your valid state ID.

first you have to go to the recorders office and get the license, once you get it then there is a 72 hour waiting period but you can ask for a waiver form (it's free) and take it to the court and a judge will sign it (you will have to go to each judge and ask until you find one that will do it. It's not hard they will do it you just need to find a judge that has a clear calendar). Once you get that then you just find a justice of the peace to do the ceremony. It only takes 10 minutes or so then your married.

To find the justice of the peace you just call around and check prices. There is a list online. When you find one you like set an appointment. I set my appointment for 3pm initially about 3 weeks in advance just to make sure.

Also the absentee affidavit form and instructions for proxy marriage are online and can be printed so you can mail it to him so he can do his part and send it back to you.

Hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to tea12 For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (12-04-2012)