View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 08:45 PM

Default New Information About Public Defender

I am not sure this is the correct place for this post. So, if not, please move it.

A little back story: My husband's legal issues started in July 2017. Due to his addiction, he stole some stuff and was caught. Then recieved a VOP. Final sentence was 30 months and he was transferred to FDC on April 10, 2018. He was assigned to a public defender, whom we feel did nothing to help him.

In November 2017 the public defender was arrested for a DUI. Her charges were lowered to Reckless Driving with Alcohol and she plead to 12 months probation. In May 2018 she was arrested again; this time for child negelect involving alcohol and subsequently a VOP. After talking to my husband he informed/reminded me that he used to smell alcohol on her when she would visit him in jail and there were numerous times the judge would get on to her for her lack of preperation on cases.

Question: Would hubby have a conflict of intereste or ineffective councel case, or who would we contact to find out? We realized that this might not make any difference on his case, but if there is a chance that he could go back and get the drug rehab and mental counseling that he asked the judge for, it would be worth it.

Thank you in advance for any information you can give on this matter.

Sponsored Links