View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 02:13 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 34,822 Times in 16,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
Granted, this is an older thread, but for California sentencing law I feel like I kind of need to clarify how we work out here.

Your time starts to run the day you're arrested. But time starts running on the day of arrest and includes all days spent in County Jail and credits from that time.

Yep, I didn't get into the nitty gritty details (transport, % to serve, etc), but basically that's what I said That's right: time out of jail on bail/bond doesn't count; time out of jail on house arrest/HIP doesn't count; time spent in jail waiting for revocation does not count; On parole, time absconding does not count The following I'm a tad confused on: Your time starts to run the day you're arrested. Ya'll count from the get-go? What if charges are dismissed, or you're found innocent? Here the number of days given for jail credit are included in the sentencing process and written in the sentencing papers rather than keeping track up front from arrest going forward. Either the PO (if sentenced to probation) or the Class D Coordinator at the jail submit the number of days from arrest to sentencing to the Judge for inclusion at the sentencing hearing.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
missingdee (05-01-2019)