View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 02:51 PM

Thanked 3,806 Times in 1,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angieinnola View Post
I am 51 and have 2 boys, oldest is 31 and my younger sons is 25. The youngest is the one that is going to prison for life. No benefit of parole. Its only been a week and my heart is hurting. I was awake all night cryiing. Hope that this gets easier. I cant imagine how my child is doing and I know that there is nothing I can do to help him or comfort him.
Hi Angie - welcome to the parent's forum. I am so very sorry to hear about your younger son. It is still so new and it is a lot for you to digest. I frankly don't know how you do it, but there are other parents on this forum who are dealing with life sentences and I'm sure they will be along to offer comfort and advice. On the other hand, I do know how difficult a long sentence is since my son was sentenced to 12 years. It is the most difficult event I've ever been through, but I do know that it can and will get easier. It takes a lot of time and support from people who care, but it can be done. Please try not to despair. There is hope.

Have you heard from your son yet? I know right now it seems like there is nothing you can do, but there really is. As soon as you know where he is settled, you will be able to write letters of encouragement, receive phone calls, visit if it's possible, send books and/or magazines, order special food or clothing packages, etc. How much you can do will depend on the prison where he is located, but you will find ways to offer support and ways to begin to accept this new life that you have been dealt. It is never easy, but it does get better.

Also, I might suggest that you put your intro in the "PWCIP - Introduction" sub-forum which is located right above "The Parent's Forum Lounge" that you just posted in. I think you might get better visibility there which will probably bring more response to your post.

Again, I'm so sorry but I do know that you'll find lots of support, compassion and understanding here. You have found the right place.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tglsmom For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (04-18-2015), wintermisk (09-24-2015)